Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
8 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

and a nuisance...seems like of recent years when snow chances do pop up they're either marginal (as per Jan 2021) or on such  a small scale only part of a county or coastal areas are effected. Roll on for a massive memory making dumping! If I'm still alive 😁

It's my birthday on the 16th, not had birthday snow in a while. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

It's my birthday on the 16th, not had birthday snow in a while. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much! 

It's my birthday on the 19th... Love snow and rarely falls around that time also... trouble is, that we're flying out of Gatwick on the 17th for a short break... looks like we might be watching the snow for a while from the departure lounge :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Pixel
finish sentence
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Proper cold out there this morning, good ground frost and -1 when i left home.

Posted

Frosty this morning. Temp -2.8c dp -3 and not a cloud in the sky. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Not trending particularly well for us in the S next week, though, hopefully, the low will be much further south than currently shown, which often tends to be the case.

I think it was March 2013 when the “sweet spot”, having initially thought to have been the Midlands, turned out to be the Channel Islands!

• Like 1

Posted

Not as cold last night as I thought it was going to be only down to -1 in the end.

Lovely crisp winters morning.

Posted
32 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Not trending particularly well for us in the S next week, though, hopefully, the low will be much further south than currently shown, which often tends to be the case.

I think it was March 2013 when the “sweet spot”, having initially thought to have been the Midlands, turned out to be the Channel Islands!

Went to bed dreaming of a repeat of the epic snowstorm of early January 1982 and woke up to the nightmare of a couple of hours of snow before turning to rain.

It's a whole week away though so plenty of ups and downs before then. Let's hope for more ups. 

I'm not really interested in a prolonged cold spell if no snow is involved. Longing for a good old fashioned snowstorm. Whilst cold and frosty is nice for a while it gets a bit boring imo. Snowy winters tend to stick in my mind more than cold frosty ones.

Hoping for some exciting wintry weather for our region next week.

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
53 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Very much depends on that low. We might be nursing a scotch and lamenting what could have been next week. I have to say I am not sure about this one for the SE. I think the sweet spot is going to land bang in the Midlands.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I'm happy where the low is predicted at the moment, as lawrenk states more often than not they drop further South.

If it had us slap bang on the money at this stage, you know what would happen! Plenty of ups and downs to come, not worth worrying about just yet, will take things more seriously by the weekend.

Another chilly but lovely winter's day out, helping to slowly dry things out!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 4

Posted
40 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I'm happy where the low is predicted at the moment, as lawrenk states more often than not they drop further South.

If it had us slap bang on the money at this stage, you know what would happen! Plenty of ups and downs to come, not worth worrying about just yet, will take things more seriously by the weekend.

A good point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

My area is pretty much slap bang in the middle of the predicted snow , guarentee the Cambs snowshield will be at its strongest level!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
13 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

Fingers crossed!...current models showing cold and dry for that date (subject to change). I really believe we'll see some notable white stuff in the coming weeks simply because we're so over due! but not sure the weather Gods think like that?

Happy 30th by the way for the 16th 🙂

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Latest from MAD thread: ECM - rubbish, GFS - great 🙂

I might just go old school and follow the MetO Fax charts (out to 6 days I think)...no stress, to many models makes one go crazy!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Latest from MAD thread: ECM - rubbish, GFS - great 🙂

I might just go old school and follow the MetO Fax charts (out to 6 days I think)...no stress, to many models makes one go crazy!

Especially when some posters comment on all of them lol

Edited by lassie23

Posted

And don't mosaic the charts but post them vertically one after another taking a whole load of scrolling to get past the post 😄

Posted

Well folks I am sorry to say, but the Daily Mail are calling for a snowy south next week.

As such we can be sure of 20 degree temps and sunshine.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

LONG WAY OFF - SUBJECT TO CHANGE! - As ever with TV forecasts they are not always reliable . First time I've ever heard a forecaster say " It could be a Juicy one "

• Like 9

Posted

Just watched myself, Medway right in the firing line!

(It won't happen like that I can be sure!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Dropped to -3.2 this morning but has been a lovely sunny winters day but breeze still chilly but not as cold as yesterday.We maxed at 3.1 but @6.30pm temperature exactly zero.Going to be another cold frosty one.Tomorrow starts off clear frosty and sunny but clouds over by early afternoon so no frost tomorrow night.Friday cloudy and less cold than recent days with max temps 5-7 for this region and then temperatures start dropping on weekend,especially Sunday when a Northerly wind will start to come in .Next week looks cold with an increasing chance of rain/snow in later part of week but that’s a long way off!

Latest GLOSEA run for February looks incredbile for cold if it’s correct!🥶❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
12 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Dropped to -3.2 this morning but has been a lovely sunny winters day but breeze still chilly but not as cold as yesterday.We maxed at 3.1 but @6.30pm temperature exactly zero.Going to be another cold frosty one.Tomorrow starts off clear frosty and sunny but clouds over by early afternoon so no frost tomorrow night.Friday cloudy and less cold than recent days with max temps 5-7 for this region and then temperatures start dropping on weekend,especially Sunday when a Northerly wind will start to come in .Next week looks cold with an increasing chance of rain/snow in later part of week but that’s a long way off!

Latest GLOSEA run for February looks incredbile for cold if it’s correct!🥶❄️

A very good Evening, all.

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Mmm, can't believe for the first time in my life, I'm dreading seeing Snow as we go further into January/February.

As I stated the other Day, after getting a diagnosis of Prostate Cancer a Week before Christmas, I will be starting an intensive course of Radiotherapy, further into January/February.

I wonder if the Models have factored in the Law of the S-d, into their calculations?

Below, is the Weather for the Week ahead Forecast, presented by Stav Danaos on behalf of the MeteoGroup Forecasting Agency:

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

I see the European Model [ECMWF] has caused a lot of toys to be thrown out of prams, this Evening. 

And there was me thinking that after the 00z ECM run, the European model was God's gift to Meteorology?

Surely all this knee jerk reaction to every frame of every Model Run, can give rise to another medical condition, affecting the wrist/mind?

That being R.S.I [Repetitive Strain/Stress Injury].

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been reading through the Mad thread(I know I can’t help myself) and some very well respected members(Tamara Queen of teleconnections and Catacol-both of who’s knowledge is awesome ) are suggesting we could be in for a very interesting January and February-The February of 1978 was even mentioned as a possible comparison 🥶😱.Even if we miss out on snow looks like we will be experiencing below average temperatures for some time!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wednesday's low is heading south, it should end up in Spain eventually😂

• Like 1