Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted

Check the GEM too! Snow Wednesday pm! Unbelievable we manage to get a storm at the weekend! Will not helping flooding situation 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The written forecasts still give a small glimmer of hope, especially for those close to the South Coast.

Beeb - Some uncertainty surrounding conditions on Wednesday with a chance of spells of snow pushing up from the south. This may result in some accumulation, especially over any hills, but this is low confidence at present. 

Met Office - Cold or very cold conditions with widespread sharp frost, plenty of winter sunshine and remaining largely dry. Breezy with significant wind chill. Low risk of snowfall along south coast Wednesday.

The next round of updates will be interesting, and also will bring in the weekend forecasts!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
9 minutes ago, MAF said:

Nah, just wake up and smell the coffee 😄 😄

Only slept 3 hours last night, the coffee is all that is keeping me on my feet!

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature bang on freezing after a low of -1.9. Lovely and sunny 😎

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

Lovely - get to watch the wintry showers miss me all day.

They look like they're heading right for me, then arch away from me at the last minute.

For the last 12 months or so, any decent bit of weather, thunder or snow, misses me by inches - it's like it's mocking me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

No chance of any snow here near the coast on Wednesday the sea temps will turn any sleet to rain quickly.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
5 minutes ago, TROY said:

No chance of any snow here near the coast on Wednesday the sea temps will turn any sleet to rain quickly.

not if the winds are from the east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Just watched the latest Met Office video forecast, still keep an eye on Wednesday as you'd expect. I would post the video but have no idea how to embed the video on here.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

A beautiful winter's morning here in Surbiton, after a hard overnight frost (the closest to anything looking like snow we're likely to get!), the air is crisp and sunny under blue skies, although rather raw walking into that wind. I'm loving the seasonal weather personally, but am disappointed at the lack of the white stuff later in the week. We're off to Prague for a few days on Saturday, so the cold weather will be good practice for correct clothing choices; hoping that storm doesn't come in too early and disrupt the flights.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well I’d be quite happy to keep this weather for the rest of the winter - absolutely glorious here with blue sky & sunshine ☀️ dry cold is my preference over milder wet mush any day 😊

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The sun has got some strength to it, I have got tanned.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Icon takes Wednesday perception south a smidge

Chances of any snowfall in south of region on back of that reduced from small to very small 

Posted
3 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Icon takes Wednesday perception south a smidge

Chances of any snowfall in south of region on back of that reduced from small to very small 

I think the 12Z is the big run now, if that doesn't make sudden changes I think we are out of a chance.

Posted
4 minutes ago, throwoff said:

I think the 12Z is the big run now, if that doesn't make sudden changes I think we are out of a chance.

Need to see it move north  from 30 hours.. good thing is that it will be settled by 4.  As  not watching rest of run and mildness post Saturday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
3 hours ago, snowblind said:

Temperature bang on freezing after a low of -1.9. Lovely and sunny 😎

I swear we're always warmest Im not far from the famous Gravesend Broadness and my cars rarely more than 1c too warm and this is after driving

20240115_134943.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Need to see it move north  from 30 hours.. good thing is that it will be settled by 4.  As  not watching rest of run and mildness post Saturday 

Will have to be a spectacular change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, throwoff said:

Will have to be a spectacular change.

A biblical turnaround needed now🙏.. in saying that I wouldn’t be “ at all surprised” to see a gfs /icon compare… then the ecm chuck a northward twitch in..,,

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

A biblical turnaround needed now🙏.. in saying that I wouldn’t be “ at all surprised” to see a gfs /icon compare… then the ecm chuck a northward twitch in..,,

Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to watching the models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
3 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

A beautiful winter's morning here in Surbiton, after a hard overnight frost (the closest to anything looking like snow we're likely to get!), the air is crisp and sunny under blue skies, although rather raw walking into that wind. I'm loving the seasonal weather personally, but am disappointed at the lack of the white stuff later in the week. We're off to Prague for a few days on Saturday, so the cold weather will be good practice for correct clothing choices; hoping that storm doesn't come in too early and disrupt the flights.

Its funny as standing outside here in 5c feels colder than -9c when I was in Sweden there's def a different sort of cold on the continent for sure a shame you're not in Prague a bit earlier they have snow in the next few days hope it stays for when you're there have a great time! My 2 trips to Northeast Europe so far have been lucky for me had snow not only in Sweden in November but also a couple inches in Riga, Latvia on my only other trip to the other side of Europe highly reccommend that place for a Christmas break Unesco world heritage site the whole city and great value much cheaper than Scandinavia food was awesome and biggest market in Europe

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

The sun has got some strength to it, I have got tanned.👍

Have you been to the tanning salon the UV is 1 this time of year virtually impossible for a tan that low a level 😆 🤣 

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, MAF said:

Never found car temp sensors that accurate. currently 3C in St James's Park Westminster

Were usually around a degree higher than Central ive found in my years delivery driving there every day 6 days a week so maybe 4c here was peak its 2.9c on my current one on the balcony now

Edited by Kentspur