Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

What's with the "obsession" on whether the French low will graze the south coast tomorrow? We've already had fairly substantial snow in the north with what looks like disruptive snow heading for the west/central belt tomorrow! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Not got a lot of time to look but I reckon an Amber will be dished out for tomorrow for the higher ground around the centre of the central belt and possibly extending north and south to cover the uncertainty of the track but the timing of it and the potential probably merits an amber

• Like 9

Posted

Fingers crossed for other areas ( and hete still...I'm greeedy) for tomorrow!

Just about do my dog walk...just need to time it to coincide with next shower 🤪 , 180degeesout of sync with most normal people, but you'llall understand. Looks like yours was dragging you homeward @Scottish-Irish Skier! 😄

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

amazing pics.... I actually love that setup of showers.... its brilliant looking for the next big one instead of just a few hours of continuous snow... not that I would knock it back but it's satisfying following the radar. 

If Perth feels any effects tomorrow are we looking at lunchtime onwards with the band hitting the west morning time. 

• Like 9

Posted
26 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Not got a lot of time to look but I reckon an Amber will be dished out for tomorrow for the higher ground around the centre of the central belt and possibly extending north and south to cover the uncertainty of the track but the timing of it and the potential probably merits an amber

They will probably dish it out tomorrow around 12 when things are slowing up lol. Hopefully we are in the sweet spot for a change! 🥶🥶

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Gritter , in the actual street vs main roads ! Fair play !

PXL_20240115_103421136.jpg

PXL_20240115_103430031.jpg

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Absolute blizzard conditions now.. the kids have had a brilliant time out at the field..

Dog walked in sunshine, a cracking day.

Bet you’re glad you moved inland and gained elevation?

Morning commute was challenging, didn’t chance the A957 but went A93 to A90 and that was dodgy enough for me. Cracking day in Stonehaven, clear blue skies followed by heavy snow showers then back to sunshine. What more could we ask for? 🥳

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
56 minutes ago, Bats32 said:

What's with the "obsession" on whether the French low will graze the south coast tomorrow? We've already had fairly substantial snow in the north with what looks like disruptive snow heading for the west/central belt tomorrow! 

Starting to have a bit of sympathy for them from an imby position. Too far South for the showers and tomorrows lot from the West now looking as if missing (just) to my South.😢

Meanwhile bright sunshine today with a penetrating Northerly breeze. 0.0C currently.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Incoming 

Screenshot_20240115_134256_Chrome.jpg

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Starting to have a bit of sympathy for them from an imby position. Too far South for the showers and tomorrows lot from the West now looking as if missing (just) to my South.😢

Meanwhile bright sunshine today with a penetrating Northerly breeze. 0.0C currently.

You might catch the 2nd trough which is crossing on Tuesday evening and that’ll be snow at all levels assuming the track doesn’t change of course ❄️

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Beginning to regret my decision to clear the drive based on the Met Office app 🙄 

Isn’t there a snowblower available for hire on this thread? 🙃

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
21 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Incoming 

Screenshot_20240115_134256_Chrome.jpg

Oi, you are stealing all my snow showers now, they are too far east, stop it! 😒

• Like 5