Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

@alr1970  Admittedly,  I didn't check,  oops!

Now...  wheres that @WillinGlossop gone🤣

• Like 5

Posted

@Had Worse apparently Dr Gillian McKeith 

advocates “She recommends a detox diet in which the "top 12 toxic terrors to avoid" are: smoking; caffeine; alcohol; chocolate and sweet snacks; pub snacks such as crisps, nuts, and pork scratchings; processed meat; white bread, white pasta, white rice; products containing added sugar; takeaways and ready meals; table salt; saturated fats; and fizzy drinks” 

yet she’s opening a McDonalds… oh well I’m guessing she gets publicity and an appearance fee 🙈🙈🙈 

apparently she’s a conspiracy theorist, anti vaccine and gives credence to David Ickes theories 🙈🙈🙈

oh well 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not to bad a day ,still breezy but bright so all in all I’ve made good use of it 😀

• Like 6

Posted

Not been a bad day at all here.  Max of 11.1°C and a dry and bright afternoon, dregs of daylight lasting until almost 5pm now.  Only 37 days to meteorological spring.  

• Like 8

Posted
25 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

Only 37 days to meteorological spring.  

That's a nice thought.  I love cold and snow but hate this windy, mild and wet weather.  I want to feel some strength in the sun and see the spring flowers blooming.  Sadly I fear we're going to have a cold end to February and into March.  (Not a forecast btw!  Just a feeling)

• Like 6

Posted

Tbh spring can’t come soon enough 

• Like 8

Posted

@moochops I don't mind cold frosty days, I love snow too, but if it isn't going to happen, like you, I want Spring to burst forth in all its green, sunny mildness.  Long may @Rain Lady snowdrops burst open and flower, a welcome sight on any grey day.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

@moochops  It will be Sod’s Law it’ll be mild, wet and windy until the end of March then we’ll get snow in April…

Although mild winters are usually followed by warm springs and cold winters are usually followed by cold springs. Winter 2017/18 and March 2018 and then Winter 2020/21 and Spring 2021 are good examples of cold winters followed by cold spring months. Although saying that winter 2015/16 was exceptionally mild but then April 2016 was very cold at times. Even had a bit of  snow..

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

@itsnowjoke Blair Witch project 

• Like 8

Posted

It’s quite a nice night now 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A much calmer evening here than yesterday. It's been another mild day, max temp 11.4C. A dry day today, but the rain will be wasting no time in returning tomorrow. That cold spell last week seems a long time ago now.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

Just having a catch up, full work madness in place now so can't get on as much. Interesting contrast between tonight and last night. Beautiful clear moonlit night now +3.0C-would have gone for a walk if I wasn't so tired! Whereas Jocelyn was lively here-stronger and gustier than Isha, Possibly a little more of a westerly component and I wonder if some instability led a couple of little troughs or squall lines developed in the flow? Max gusts at Capel Curig were fierce-90mph for Isha and 97mph for Jocelyn apparently reported. (I Like Capel Curig, but not sure if i'd want to live there!) Mad thread now raising some questions about whether the current mild Atlantic stream possibly isn't as entrenched as thought-for me this winter could yet bring some surprises-it seems to be an affair of rapid change when change happens. (or am I just hoping?).

• Like 8

Posted
9 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Yes very mild feeling now- feels more like a nice day in early/mid March with the much lighter winds.

It certainly doesn’t feel mild now. Been out for a burns night meal at Whetherspoons and it felt quite cold with a chilly breeze. A bit disappointing today as it was forecast to be partly cloudy but it remained overcast all day here. The moon is out now though in partly cloudy skies and is still visible with the thin clouds passing under it. Got up to about 9°C today, now currently 4.8°C.

• Like 6

Posted

Weather forecast here next 10 days…..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….. 🥱

FAFE8520-985E-4A92-978E-8E73F33A6AA3.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

@WillinGlossop them ones are usually the worst. Goes on about healthy eating but then rubs our noses in McDonald's lol....... "do as I say not as I do" 😂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some of the charts coming out are bonkers. GFS has raw values on 2nd Feb of 16c on its 0z run. Meaning 17-18C not out of the question in that scenario.

If the extreme mild charts continue, then for me this will go down as one of the most abysmal winters…and there have been a few of them lately.

A couple of snow days doesn’t hide the fact that this winter has mostly been dire.

I suspect we’ll see an early spring that’s followed by an anomalously cold spell in March or April.

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

@Dark Horse hypocrisy is often the biggest trait of celebrity, that and the extra thick skin needed to deflect any accusations of it.

Personally I’m not anti Macdonalds but I drive past the entrance to my nearest one on the way to work five days a week and in the seven or so years it’s been there, I,ve only been in it once and that was as a passenger when when daughter wanted something to eat.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

@Weather-history

didn’t that mild spell occur at the same time as the Morecambe Bay cockle picker disaster

seem to remember it as being.

also remember some lovely weather a few years later in the days/weeks after the Riverdance ferry ran around at Cleveleys

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Chance of brief sleet/snow above 300 m on the back edge tonight and in post frontal showers. Apart from that very mild for the foreseeable especially so after day 5 on GFS.

• Like 5