Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Honestly I'm not expecting anything here, and I'm not even doing the usual of running of to Leeds either as I don't expect it to be a significant event there. 

I would focus on the high res models only, would avoid the GFS

• Like 6

Posted

Day 10

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine UKMO 0.1° du UK MetOffice (météo angaise) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest, Sud-Est...

not updated yet thou 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

GFS 12 is a little bit better but still I hope it's wrong as it shows a snow to rain to snow event except for Northern cumbria where it might stay all as snow on that.

• Like 4

Posted

Jackski4

joke of a thread. I didn’t relish how good the UKM was at first from this morning.

they spent all day wishing Thursday front moves south with a follow up easterly after the weekend.

only to be left with nothing 🤣

we might get nothing but I’m not wishing it away for others 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

frosty ground So much southern bias in that thread it’s like if you don’t live in Cornwall or Surrey it doesn’t matter! They always only want easterlies but this was only looking like a 24 hour easterly at best anyway for them.

• Like 7

Posted

Haha I just had a post removed it's a joke it's like the north doesn't exist .post anything remotely positive about your own area and if it doesn't have southern bias it gets binned and reported.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Taylorthesnowman I won’t name names, but there's a couple of certain admins who have had it out for me from day one in that thread. It’s a bit sad really. Just because they are from the south.

• Like 7

Posted

Jackski4 yes jack.eas ridiculous.i merely said we had three days of laying snow early Jan and that if take a transient snow event on Thursday all day long....got removed because I don't live in surrey.its pathetic.

I'm just going to post on this thread only now .pointless posting anything in the model thread. L ave them to it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Jackski4

Let me guess. Someone who lives at least 1000 miles away getting all emotive as though the weather in this country even though it is not going to affect them and yet never talks about weather where they live, add in the poor man's "Oscar Wilde" comment thrown in. 

Another member  who initials reminds me of that of the Indian Ocean dipole who will promptly disappear come when spring comes. There is no such thing as the "closed" season when it comes to the weather.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Osca31 Ive posted a thread in ' historic weather' about Feb 1996. Our school closed early afternoon on the 5th and stayed shut all week, it was a Monday! Following week I think was half term.

18 inches here. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Cool skyline right now.

Sky.thumb.JPG.11f6afd9b3236cfdf786c30f3145471b.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Day 10 We’ve had some great sunsets & skylines 🌅  the past few days just seen this one of the Manchester skyline at sunset snapped from the Cheshire Plain @ The Edge, Alderley Edge from last Friday. It’ll be nice to see one last proper covering of snow across the region to round off winter.

NW England to be fair has eaten well off the scraps this Winter has thrown, it has been a Midlands northwards kind of winter so far really  for any proper winter weather away from very cold nights & frosty conditions in early Dec & mid Jan so I can understand to some extent the frustration of those Birmingham southwards - they did have a January blizzard taken off them at the last hour after all! 😄❄️ 

93049A6E-523B-4CC2-B936-01C0E000BF78.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Joe Snow

That's ace, it looks like an asteroid has just hit, with a photo snapped just before the heat wave hits to frazzle everyone. 😂

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Day 10 IMG_7723.thumb.png.2cce778a0c48069a052140c97040057f.png

It’s just at the side on meteociel. 

Snow to rain apart from the highest ground 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_7724.thumb.png.6c9027fd69e4bbfd034533aacbe07920.png
IMG_7725.thumb.png.c184a369f577c7a3e1cb24c558c54bb7.png

IMG_7726.thumb.png.217dc4ff9259229370c9ffaae294daa6.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Spah1  I hope the charts are right and not the NW 7 day forecast for my postcode which is showing a couple of hours sleet around Thursday lunchtime and bone dry apart from that.

on the other hand, the Met app is showing heavy snow throughout Thursday and into Friday morning.

• Like 7

Posted

Best just watch this. 

I don’t understand all these rain shadows/wind direction/ winds drying up the rain etc. 

• Like 5

Posted

frosty ground

I admire your efforts in the mod thread but I do feel you are p@*ssing in the wind aiming at a chocolate fireguard. 

Edited by The Northern Ramper
  • Like 9

Posted

I actually can't believe there is a mass widespread yellow warning for lower levels, we really are going so soft and it raises hype within the media.

Just think rainfall shadow, not cold enough will all mean anywhere at lower levels is very unlikely to see anything significant.

I so wish we are seeing true blocking in the charts with proper sustained colder air heading towards us, not all this wishy washy transient stuff.  It's ashame the cold of 3 weeks ago collapsed the way it did but at least that was true proper cold Arctic air, not this half hearted affair for this week.

On a side note, must be serious issues in the Highlands, has been non stop raining there by the looks of it. Thank goodness that river of moisture did not affect our parts of the region and whilst the rain will arrive tomorrow, it won't be sticking around.

• Like 6