• Weather Preferences: All weather

And the rain has returned 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Scuba steve yep, she certainly has.

• Like 4

Posted

Orange Car park was like a river… heavy rain started 330/345… slow through Ashton but took 49 minutes… not too bad considering… have free pint and team news in a mo… Ruchi curry takeaway on way home 👌🍛 

• Like 3

Posted

WillinGlossop Gad you got to the Etihad.  Looks like Lorraine has passed for the time being.

Been busy with cooking and more painting so just having a rest before City kick off.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well I made the mistake of reading the Met text forecast this morning for a quick idea of the weather today. It said  no rain untill the evening now. thought I might have a nice afternoon visiting Parents in Crosby.

I wish I hadn't trusted it.. Sunny when I got there so looking good but then Heavy rain from 2 pm, horrible.

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy rain small rivers on roadsides took wifes JCW countryman for a spin out ,I seriously like this car 😀

• Like 3

Posted

Scuba steve gosh your going to be in trouble if she finds out.

We won't say a word

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Noticing the first UV's of 2 in Cornwall now. 2 is still a low UV but it's a sign we're tilting more towards the sun now, that UV level will be up here in the next couple of weeks, sun permitting, and then we usually see the first "moderate" UV of 3 towards the end of March.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

An absolutely awful day. Rain started about 3:30, and has been relentless. Full waterproofs walking the dog earlier. The garden is flooded, the fields are under water and the roads are covered in streams. And to think yesterday showed a dry day with a few showers in the evening.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After yesterday afternoon’s; evening’s heavy rain and a miserable start to today, just hope that the forecast of it brightening up later come off.

apparently it’s going to be mild though but without the sun, there is little benefit to the feel of things.

• Like 4

Posted

Misty murk still.  Like being enveloped in cotton wool.  However there was a 30secs sunbeam half an hour ago.   9.9 mm for yesterday's rain.  No drying.  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

tricol It’s been rubbish S Cheshire way hasn’t it... moderate-heavy rain throughout late afternoon & the evening yesterday - got woke up around 4am to a torrential burst of rain hammering the window. A familiar sound this winter. Early March maybe chilly but really hope we get a half decent Spring & early Summer as mid-late Summer is never reliably dry for the NW England even in a warm summer year. 

• Like 6

Posted

Joe Snow Yea it really has. Also got woke by that same band of heavy rain. Seemed like it didn't stop at all yesterday and last night.

Not sure where this brightness is coming from. Light rain on the dog walk this morning.

• Like 6

Posted

Today is almost a carbon copy of yesterday. Grey, damp and mild. The sunshine figures must be well down for this winter. Its just been drab and grey.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looking potentially very interesting end of next week. I haven't been on here much so don't know what peoples thoughts are yet but looking cold and unsettled with significant convective possibilities and several potential snow events. Might not be quite cold enough for snow events will have to see but at least looks interesting from a convective and fun point of view.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

@Weather-history How are the Feb stats going up in the NW counties ? Going by my farmer friend up near Skipton,  he tells me hardly seen the sun this month / or year so far ! Very wet and mild for the most part apart from a couple days of wet snow earlier in the month. Also he notes hardly any frost to report so far . Back here in the Austrian Alps , lack of sunshine not a problem but the warmth is incredible on some days. Records will fall unless we get a last cold week of the month. 22c down in the valley on Friday . Something weird going on.

C

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 6

Posted

I wouldn't say it's weird at all, quite obvious really.

I'd say unsettled for next week is about right. I can't see any snow event happening. It'll turn into cold rain and maybe higher ground will get some action.

• Like 6

Posted

carinthian

Rainfall wise, it hasn't been as bad as other areas. Only 53.3mm so far up to the 16th.  Its been ridiculously mild, although I did manage to record two air frosts this month. Sunshine wise, it has been abysmal!! Hawarden just 11 hrs of sunshine!! And you would thing that would do favourably in a SWly airstream with shelter from the Clywdian mountains. 

EDIT: that Hawarden  sunshine value seems too low to me. Maybe the data hasn't been updated. 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Weather-history I think your sunshine totals have been very poor for the past 9 months or so. Not good for the soul ! April / May seems the best for you guys !

C

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The weather isn’t doing anything to lift the spirits so we’ve ended up booking a weeks holiday in the Canaries.

It’s not until June but something to look forward to as the days lengthen and hopefully some better weather arrives.

meanwhile back to the present, it’s still damp and apart from a glimpse of brightness that lasted all of 30 seconds, it’s dismal looking with anything above 350 metres shrouded in hill fog.

• Like 7

Posted

iand61 where abouts  you thinking of going 

• Like 3