Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

James M I think it's a load of twaddle really. It's often cold in New York in the winter yet all we get is days like today 😂 like you say all it does is power the jet up.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Emergency Cobra meeting 😂

IMG_2379.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

12z bit of a downgrade for ppn. AOA on a NW flow looking a tops only affair at +186. Then this Armageddon from the SW. Cant see temps up to much cold wise then again this is a cloud cuckoo record 952 er.  

IMG_8573.thumb.jpeg.8f33fe78bf80383e052a034c526d5cbb.jpeg

Bin. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

It’s felt v mild here in S Cheshire today, dry for the most part but with moderate rain moving in from around 16:30 - 14-15c maybe even a localised 16c at somewhere like Hawarden looking possible tomorrow.  As for late month into early March chilly with a chance of wintry showers comes to mind looking at the current output. 

• Like 6

Posted

It's not been a bad day here despite the cloud and there was a bit of early-afternoon sunshine for 15mins at around 2pm which briefly pushed the temperatures up to 12'c, i've been living in the Peak District for the past 37 years and only today have I finally visited a somewhat busy Padley Gorge after hearing all the hype about the place. 

57.thumb.jpg.79e20db406a346efe7f2bf10351f184a.jpg59.thumb.jpg.7ef2d91222784e988691ae637009f91a.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Struggling to find much interest in the outlook, I often feel like this in mid Feb as we transition into the inbetween season that is late winter, neither true winter or true spring, I feel the same in mid August, must be a seasonal affect..

The prospect of very mild but dreary grey wet skies after nearly 4 months of gloom fills me with little enthusiasm.

• Like 5

Posted

Apologies for the moan on Valentines Day but as I sit here typing this, the rain is yet again drumming away on the front room window. I don't know about anyone else, but I've had enough of what seems to be months of rain. It's not just a winter thing, it just doesn't seem to have stopped since late summer (bits of an often warm September excluded). The incessant grey and damp is just getting depressing. I don't keep records, but the number of wet days over the past 6 months must be getting on for a record. Is it too much to get a dry week or 2 with a winter high and blue skies? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much sign of a change in the short term. April and May often bring some of the best conditions and they can't come soon enough. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

PennineMark pretty grim here too incessant rain 😟

• Like 7

Posted

PennineMark Yes its been a long wet spell since mid September bar a few brief drier slots, but thankfully here at least no serious flooding. Lots of days of light to moderate rain rather than heavy.

We are now entering the driest quarter of the year here, and its rare to not have a 1-2 week dry spell at least at some point between mid Feb and mid June. I call it our 'drier season'.. note 'drier', not dry!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Could hear the rain on the roof as the band of rain/showers crossed earlier but hopefully it’s cleared through now and we might just scrape a reasonable day.

as already, said, it’s been wet for what seems an eternity and whether the actual figures show anything approaching record breaking or not, it’s well up there in the depressing charts.

hopefully lighter evenings will coincide with an improvement and at the moment I’ll take either cold or mild providing it’s dry.

just need a break from the rain😩

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yesterday didn't end up too bad until later in the afternoon, when some rain arrived. It was very mild for February, reached 13.6C. Not much of a temperature drop overnight and remained in double figures with a low of 10.6C.

Dry to start here, although the luxury of some more rain looms for later. 😔

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all. 

No College run, the taxi driver has recovered. 

Another grey, damp, breezy February day. 8 Months of wet and damp, its like a rain forest without the warmth. 

• Like 9

Posted

Good Morning.  Not as wet during the night here as some have experienced, but the ground is wet and it's dark, dull but not raining.  A mild night  current temp 12.1°C, not as mild as Rhyl though.

Screenshot_20240215_074203_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Rush2019 Wow, 14.4C first thing in the morning in mid Feb, ridiculously mild. I'm sure we didn't get much past that as a maximum temperature in summer last year on some occasions.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Another grim day all rather depressing 😟

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Screenshot2024-02-15091053.thumb.png.5f37eb7212805fffe2c062364d5e53b5.png

🤢🤮 - It's mid February!

• Like 9

Posted

Grey leaden skies for the foreseeable it appears to be looking at the forecast.  Not raining here at the moment but it won't be long before it sets in again.  The 'at least it will be mild' brigade looking strong today but at least it saves on the energy bills.  Anything remotely cold and snowy looks to be at the bottom of the wishing-well at the moment.  Roll on Spring...dreaming of a warm, sunny low 20's in mid May....nature springing into life.

• Like 7

Posted

22.9mm collected at 9 am for previous 24hrs.   veg garden flooded   misty dark  murk but temp 12.3 c.   Everything struck damp, even ropes of onions in an outdoor shed.   Birds making a racket though, specially curlews who love the soaked grassland.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This constant damp and rain is just ridiculous... it seems its been raining non stop since last summer.

Off to Bcn in a month time 🙂

• Like 5