Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Rush2019 yes much better thanks for asking as for the rain it’s stopped for now 

• Like 6

Posted

Yes, I was wondering when 20°C will be recorded for the first time this year for our region.  21st May last year when Man Airport hit 20°C, I think some recorded their first 20°C a day or two earlier.  Mad that it's mid Feb and Man Airport is 15°C currently.  Lovely out though, not bright sunshine but dry and yes, it's definitely mild.  liverpool Airport  16°C 🙂

Edited by Rush2019
Add info.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

North lakes claggedin. Rainfall recorded during every hour since 2100 yesterday. 12.2mm so far. Temp has levelled off at 12.6c. Wind now starting to pick-up. A testing day for the visitors up for half term. In other news Ullswater Inn has opened in Glenridding. 

• Like 6

Posted

Oh the dreaded long fetch SW airstream in full splendour.. whatever the time of year it brings low grey cloud and a dankness to things, a max of 12 degrees or 27 degrees in summer makes no difference to how I feel about it! Go away... its miserable, the least inspiring of all weather types. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 9

Posted

damianslaw I'm quite enjoying it here- overcast but there have been a few glimpses of the sun and it feels like spring. Nice to not need to wrap up.

Miles better than that foul day this time last week when it rained all day with a relentless bitter wind chill.

• Like 6

Posted

Scorcher More southern parts of the region, especially the further south east you go tends to see less in the way of very low cloud in these synoptics and indeed hints of brightness. Travel up the M6 hit the Cumbria border and the low cloud looms on the horizon, turn off towards Kendal and it cloaks the bypass, by the time you reach Windermere it nearly cloaks your feet!!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Scorcher feels really nice today. Only got a thin denim jacket on over a shirt. Anything more and I'd be sweating. If we cannot have snow I'll take this. Nothing worse than cold rain.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

More early April feeling than mid Feb today. Some brightness earlier but standard Winter SW’ly very mild drizzly murk this afternoon 15.5c the high - maybe a date record breaker? 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 7

Posted

Max of 15.1°C before the rain set in.  Felt really spring-like for a few short hours, but long enough for my miniature daffodils to open. 🙂

20240215_120838.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

15.6C at Rostherne today- making it the warmest day of the year so far and the warmest February day locally since 2019.

• Like 7

Posted

11c now not winter here 😩

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning everyone.. another dull day.. drizzle and cloudy, 8.8c .. when are we hoping to see the next sun shine?

oh well.. 😞

Edited by raul_sbd
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An overcast morning here with the odd shower, currently 10C. 

I'm heading up to the Lakes shortly for a walking weekend. It looks a mixed bag of weather with rain at times and the cloud likely to be down below the tops most of the weekend, so not the best conditions and certainly not the wintry conditions I was hoping for, but will still be good to get up into the mountains.

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, raul_sbd said:

when are we hoping to see the next sun shine

Well we had a sharp shower around half eight, after which blue sky was seen briefly. The shower must have sucked up the moisture and created a break. Back to full overcast again now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

alr1970  Yeh my partner that was in Lymm said it was some sunshine over there.. nothing yet here in Glossop.. saying that seems a bit more brighter than 3h ago lol 🙂

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It would be typical if we finally got some good blocking in March only for it to be like the 06z, with the colder air far to the north east. We would have to hope for it to be persistent enough that the frigid 850s have enough time to filter back down from Siberia.

• Like 6

Posted

Hold the front page, there is a patch of blue in the sky! Forgetting the sky has different shades of grey. Beginning to feel the scarcity of sun for over 3 and half months now, the NHS should offer free Vitamin D implants end of February, given how deprived everyone is... they say the darkest hour is before dawn.. if early March is the new dawn (light and sun wise) then we are now entering the dark hour, the affects of winter take there toll now more than ever.. but the promise of dawn spring keeps you going..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Some brightness peaking through this morning, mild, ground soaking wet from recent rainfall. It’s a month since we had the mini January freeze a smattering of snow, cold days, hard frost & sub zero -8c nights. It seems a world away now, early signs of Spring are all around but Spring proper doesn’t really get started till late March so a good 4-5 weeks of transitional weather yet - even good Springs like the lockdown Spring of 2020 didn’t really get started till mid March. 

This Winter has been a 6/10 winter for me - not a total bust but less than promised given the background set up for sure, we’ve eaten well off the scraps it’s thrown us as a region with  snowfall albeit brief in both Dec & Jan with sub zero minima, no chance of a dry winter though with storms and soaking rains adding to the wet summer & Autumn totals. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Bang on cue!

March comes into view and so does the return of Winter, a few more frames would look pretty cold.

gfsnh-0-384.thumb.png.0435fb4f5beeed17f12ea0cad192d205.pnggfsnh-1-384.thumb.png.614397ca1881f9b6497b59222fb1da4b.png

Will Spring be on hold, or will the above be the usual nonsense?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

What an awful day. Since about 12 it's been raining, and getting quite heavy now. We must be on for one of the mildest Februarys on record? Don't ever remember it being this mild. I can remember it being much drier. These are spring temps.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

No surprise that the stuff falling from the skies today is happy to focus directly across our region.

steady drizzle and a technically mild 9c, the worst thing possible but if it had been snow i would have bet my last fiver that it would have somehow managed to avoid this side of the Pennines before pepping up again over on the Yorkshire side.

• Like 5