Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

As Matt noted this afternoon has been dreary compared to this morning with patchy drizzle, as noted  this morning its currently 10.7°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow looks much sunnier than the cloud fest I had today.  Much, much sunnier hopefully.  Albeit, temperatures maybe down a degree or two compared to today.

On another note, avoid Radstock for a while unless you like lengthy traffic jams!

Edited by AWD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

River lovely.Light traffic noise drowned out by birdsong.Crap previous 4 months of gloom hopefully lightening up.Love of fishing returns so too hopefully will love of real ale starting tonight lol.A 15lb 8 oz pike made for a lovely day.

• Like 6

Posted

There have been some extremely strong gusts again overnight as the cold front went through. 

• Like 1

Posted

@Andy Bown very much so. Woke us up at 4ish, as some squally rain went through.

Last day at Sparsholt College today. 😭

Posted
3 hours ago, jtay said:

Last day at Sparsholt College today. 😭

Ah, you'll be a learned person then, able to command top salaries wherever you go, but most importantly you can cut grass.🙊

Talking of which, if you are called upon to the Winchester Palace of delights @*Stormforce~beka* place, then you can now command a cuppa once the lawn is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning All, what a cracker, shorts and 'T' (but then again winter is always shorts & T) to really appreciate the warmth this morning, after an overnight low of 6.0°C at: 08:19, currently 9.9°C, RH74% with light air movement from the NW.

From Above, looking good

image.thumb.png.89eaa25a18f8a927a96e544b69cfa4e5.png

On Golden sands a couple of brave folks enjoying the somewhat 'fresh' water

image.thumb.png.89e310b4354f9d137bdd8d56d39c819f.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

@jtay Awww So sad! Gonna  go on another course?! What can you now do you couldn't before?

@Alderc 2.0 What you gonna do sweet?

@Dorsetbred Hahahaha! I would feel awful calling him all that way just to cut the miniscule lawn! I should get one of those push along things and do it myself. I am scared of the electric one. Would probably cut my toes off or something!!

Posted

Well that was fun.Enjoying a long overdue change of fortune I headed off to have breakfast with some mates.A woman blinded by the sun roared out of a side road and crashed into my pick up.Nobody got hurt lots of witnesses buzzing about.I got away lightly by comparison her car was a total write off.5 seconds earlier...5 seconds later...it doesn't happen...small margins eh

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

@*Stormforce~beka* Quick trip to the driving range. Then house stuff as will be moving house in the next couple of months.

In or out of Bomo?

10 minutes ago, jy said:

Well that was fun. Enjoying a long overdue change of fortune I headed off to have breakfast with some mates. A woman blinded by the sun roared out of a side road and crashed into my pick up. Nobody got hurt lots of witnesses buzzing about. I got away lightly by comparison her car was a total write off.5 seconds earlier...5 seconds later...it doesn't happen...small margins eh

Good to hear you (and the other driver ) are OK.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

@Dorsetbred Hahahaha! I would feel awful calling him all that way just to cut the miniscule lawn! I should get one of those push along things and do it myself. I am scared of the electric one. Would probably cut my toes off or something!!

Here you go £45..

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Grade B Approved Used - Great condition - Serviced, cleaned and tested for reliability by official Einhell technicians. Includes 6 month Einhell warranty for extra peace of mind. 6 Months Einhell Used Warranty.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

@jy Glad everyone was ok. It’s good to have blue skies and sunshine again but it does make it more risky for driving when the sun is low in the sky. 

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Wonder how good they are. And whether it would be too heavy

Its not that they are heavy, they are fairly light, the challenge comes that you have to remember all the force to make the blades cut the grass is provided by you, so for long grass you could be forward and backwards a few times to get the blades to cut through the grass.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just had to switch the heating on as it feel quite chilly now, even though it’s still 6c outside.