Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Spring 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A mild morning here in N Worcs, but also dreary and grey. It's raining on and off, and the radar shows *far* more showery  rain heading our way in the next few hours than any of the forecasts I saw predicted. Most of them had a completely dry morning.

I've said this so often I'm a stuck record, but there is ever more clearly a systemic problem with under-forecasting rain at very short notice. It happens again and again and again, and I don't think it's just a case of not noticing when the error is the other way. I think it's that the error rarely *is* the other way.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

More or less a 'normal' mid-March Spring day today, sunshine and showers, the sun with some definite strength in it and the showers quite sharp. It feels quite rare these days to get weather appropriate to the season! The wet/ damp theme continues, though...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Yes, I too was thinking earlier, "This actually feels like spring for once!" To be honest I don't so much mind a day not being entirely dry if the rain is as it was today: brief if sometimes sharp showers, but with periods of sunny respite in between. The max here was dead on 15.0 °C and while it wasn't quite T-shirt weather it wasn't winter coat weather either. Certainly vastly preferable in my book to our usual (of late) leaden skies and non-stop drizzle.

• Like 3

Posted

What a difference a few hours can make...I was up early this morning, and it was nicely crisp, one could even say cold, the sun was out and the sky a clear blue. I'm pleased that I was up early, because it's been downhill since then...and now we have that awful damp, drizzly, mild muck. Not much fun right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

if its sunny, it's always colder, much warmer tomorrow with Sunday being worse than Saturday for umpteenth time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I remember Atlantic 252 Actually tomorrow afternoon doesn't look too bad after the morning rain passes, still showery but at least not relentlessly overcast.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowshine indeed! At eight this morning it was miserable and wet. But look at it now. What a difference a couple of hours makes! Some heat in the sun now; I feel a bit too warm in my raincoat.

IMG_20240317_101017_DRO.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lovely day today 🌤️🌤️🌤️ 16.5c 🤗

Posted

Dancerwithwings Yep, certainly feels springlike, and as others have mentioned there is some power in the sun now. I can quite enjoy this time of year, before it gets too hot. But...wow, is the ground soaked! Walking around our local parks earlier, the puddles of water have become pools, never seen them so big. We need a good drying wind and for the sun to do its work unimpeded by more rain...! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

SollyOlly

Yep…under foot is heavy 🥴agreed March always starts to show its delights now as the Sun is getting stronger, tomorrow is looking good as well 🌤️ and 16c 🤗

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

14 March 2024 Time-Lapse

Posted

Not a bad day at all today. Very nearly completely dry for me (just one very light shower), an acceptable amount of admittedly quite hazy sunshine, light winds for the most part, and decently mild at 14.6 °C. Nothing special in the great scheme of things, but when you compare it with the last few months it feels like heaven!

• Like 2

Posted

Arctic Hare Yes, similar here too. A normal, essentially nondescript seasonal Spring day, but as you say - given some of what we've all had, that's fine! Weak, watery sunshine here today but a day without downpours is a good day...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Mowed the lawn today ☺️

Posted

Polar Maritime Nice one, well done! I've resisted so far, partly out of principle (because it's March!) but mostly because it is still so wet and boggy underfoot that it doesn't feel right. It certainly needs doing though, all this warmth and wet has led to a lot of growth...!

Posted

Really nice out there, best of the 3 days of Spring that we've had so far (although it's not technically started) 
Nice of it to give us a teaser before winter returns at the weekend.

Posted

Polar Maritime    I did mine last month!    

But I have a huge pile of hedge trimmings that need burning - and every time they just about dry out it rains again .....

Posted

Another milestone reached today with my first max into the 60s °F of the year -- 15.8 °C is 60.4 °F. Reasonably sunny until things clouded over fully in mid-afternoon. Nice enough for a few people to be sitting in the beer gardens at the town pubs. I hope they don't get too used to that, given what's on the way later this week!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It has been one of the pluses of the last few days with the very mild feel of the days. While not lasting for the whole afternoon during the last few days, some of the sunny, brighter spells have been welcome. 

Posted

And (after the early rain had stopped) *another* decent day! Who are you and what have you done with 2024?

Posted

Looks like no snowmen being possible until November then 🤣☹️🥶☃️❄️❄️❄️ maybe next winter season 🤞🏻

• Like 1