Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Spring 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another decent day today. I could get used to this! Though annoyingly, if unsurprisingly, tomorrow's forecast now seems to have considerably more in the way of scattered (possibly heavy) showers than the forecast for the same day had 24 hours ago...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A lot less sunshine today and was a bit chillier compared to the last few 2 days by the afternoon, but a much more interesting day for photography. Started out with some very dense fog, then ended the day with one of the first clear sunsets of the year, lining up nicely with the city centre. 

dji_fly_20240306_064006_119_1709707220774_photo_optimized2.thumb.jpg.1587a3adeef09073874b2e19e70780f2.jpg20240306_1740132.thumb.jpg.e3905c240e9adb2d56377f411928a627.jpgDSCF71822.thumb.JPG.db0fa07c2b054c5fd0ea022d9f8013a4.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dense or thick fog all day so far. It's a bit chilly too, current temp is 3.4c with a moderate E wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Freezing here walking around Birmingham, well feels like it. Miss the warmth of February 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Really cold today. I was in Ludlow and it felt like mid-winter. No sunshine at all, unless you count the very occasional glimpse of a pale disc behind the clouds! MetO regional text forecast (and the hourly icons for Ludlow, for the little those are worth) suggested it would feel pleasant in the afternoon. Er... no. Not even close. At least it didn't rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

After a couple of sunny springlike days, the cloud has made its way back for today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Weather Enthusiast91 Yes, a pity isn't it. And as others have said, the air temps felt cold - not cool but cold - today. NE'ly, I suspect? Anyway, the wind went straight through you! At this rate I'll be using more gas for heating in March than I did in February...there were whole days without the heating on in Feb! Unnatural though that was, of course...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

coldest day possibly today waiting for bus at Lichfield, that place like an ice box

Posted

🥶🥶🥶cold today without a doubt

Posted

What I'd call a "usable" day today, I guess. No exciting weather, and once again precious little sunshine, but it didn't feel nearly as cold. 8.8 °C max so certainly nothing special there, but as long as you were sensibly dressed for the conditions it was fine. Sunday looks a bit on the grim side, but otherwise an acceptable if dull (in both senses) week of weather ahead. Was nice in Worcester today to see the racecourse and cricket ground showing grass rather than flood water!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
18 hours ago, nobble said:

cold today without a doubt

Agreed….a bitter wind today 😉

I wouldn’t fancy having a pint in the beer garden this evening, wind chill 🥶

image.thumb.gif.55d8d4d2df98ad08501f1b00e1fbb469.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Dancerwithwings Yes, and one can definitely feel it! I don't especially mind, but I needed my gloves and scarf today...I seem to recall this time last year experiencing a significant wind-chill, too! For those of us old enough to remember, Feb and March seem to have swapped around...

• Like 3

Posted

Dancerwithwings funny that 🍺🍺🍺

I had 3 outside under a heater after our cycle ride 🤣

def not shorts weather last night , the wind had a real bite to it 

SollyOlly early Jan to April working at donnington park pit refurb 2006

felt like a 3 month cold wind !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

SollyOlly Feb is the new March and March is the new Feb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A wet overcast day here with persistent moderate sometimes light rain. I'm in no rush to get off the sofa nor are the dogs..

Posted

Grey and grotty here as well. Went out for lunch today, but definitely didn't feel like going for a nice walk by the river afterwards!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Non existent diurnal range with the constant rain, disgusting.

image.thumb.png.b89e22ede98a7ffe8a6c2c6d95ccf68c.png

Still looking dull next week but at least a bit milder and looks to be drier before later in the week, though I think Tuesday seems to be trending wetter.

Posted

Looking doubtful for any meaningful snow now 🫤🥶❄️👎🏻

another snowman-less season 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Atrocious day yesterday, and such limited sunshine in the forecast. Nothing much to be enthusiastic about really (as has been the case for much of this winter), other than the increasing daylight.

Posted

Snowshine Yes, agree. Completely unexceptional (ie boring) weather, still mostly dull, temperatures around average (at least it's not worryingly warm I suppose), still wet even if a little less so...not much of interest atm! As with many others, for me it's the lack of sunshine that is beginning to grate a bit; a classic Springtime set up of an increasing diurnal range, sunny days slowly warming up and clear, chilly nights with some frosts would be very welcome! Instead we get dull and damp, or dull and wet...! Ah well. It's gotta turn at some point!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Can't have worse weather than this for a Monday morning. 

Low cloud, drizzle, easterly wind.. Utterly awful. 

• Like 1

Posted

Snowshine Even"daylight" is pushing it when there's low cloud all day every day (or so it seems) and I'm still needing to put the light on at 4pm...

I do fear for some of our outdoor attractions if it's like this all through the Easter school holidays.

Posted

Surprisingly perhaps, *not* a total washout here! It certainly was in the morning, but by lunchtime it was dry and - get this - the sun was out! Didn't last and I got soaked walking back from the shops about 2:30 pm, but it's dry again now. You wouldn't call it a *nice* day, but not totally disastrous. Also, though it's not of much import with so little sun, 14 °C today, so feeling much milder than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

8 March 2024 Time-Lapse