Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Some expectations are sky high, after i heard people moaning about the latest Met update

I was expecting them to be saying, nothing but blow torch sw-erlies and mild everywhere

But Cold, Frost, and some Snow possibilities are mentioned

It's the Uk afterall, i wouldn't believe "snowstorm" charts until they are solid into the reliable time-frame

• Like 1

Posted

Second half of Feb looks quite promising for some snow down here - far better than that over hyped non event in Jan 

Posted

Punxatawny Phil says “ early spring”!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wingman Blu: And what does an early spring in Pennsylvania mean for us? How the flock would I know!  

And I'm also glad that my address isn't in Gobblers Knob -- which sounds like an STD! 😁

Edited by Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Methuselah strong warming in North America is supposedly good for cold in Europe, or was it that warming in North America is bad for cold in Europe? I'm sure I've seen both old wives' tales thrown out this winter.

Meanwhile here, next week's cold spell looking impressive.🙄

IMG_6042.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Friday onwards!

That’s what Phil told me! 🥶

Posted

bah !! the talk of "back edge" wintry ness

But after days of close to record breaking mild, and a warm ground, lots of rain to get through first

I can't get excited about that... give me a cold spell first, some hard frosts, freeze the ground, then bring in the precip, so that it settles readily, then go out for a walk, as the sun shines on a blanket of fresh snow, and feel the "crunch" underfoot

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

"if it's too mild and that makes the ground not cold before it snows, and so it doesn't settle" isn't that a myth? 

Storm Christoph in mid January 2021 completely disproved that...

If the air temperature gets to around 0°C even after days of it being mild, then snow can settle no problem surely...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Metwatch

Yes, but I think snow, unless it’s really heavy, will have a hard settling if it has been raining beforehand. 

SunnyG

Mild here too. Currently 10.2°C, although it is quite windy, and it has been damp and very drizzly. An autumnal feel rather than a spring feel here. Feels like an October night rather than a February one. This time lapse video sums up the weather in the North West England region today. Quite different to Londons weather.

Just to note, it’s Candlemas Day today. “If Candlemas Day be fair and bright, winter will have another fight. But if it be grey with clouds and rain, winter is gone and won’t come again”.

The South east has certainly been fair and bright by the sounds of it, but some areas have had cloud and drizzle/rain.

9 hours ago, raz.org.rain said:

Meanwhile here, next week's cold spell looking impressive.🙄

Wow looks absolutely frigid! 🥶 If it were May…

8 hours ago, RJBingham said:

HEY, that's sleet you've got on your forecast 🥶  

Gosh, that truly is exceptionally cold indeed! 🥶 ⛄🌨️ Could bring the country to a halt! Better inform Nathan Rao from the Daily Express to warn everyone! 😁

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

image.thumb.png.fe8f0a5f98e9ed8745f8b5641e582ca3.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters

My ignore list  from the MAD thread is that big now, we could place it in the Atlantic as a blocking high and have three months of winter nirvana 🤣🤣🤣 Anyway cold does look to return next week so #HappyDays 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The weather will be what it turns out to be!

if we’ve learnt anything this winter is that the predictions too often miss the mark.

It’s like predicting a Grand National winner, too many horses, too many variables. The inbound snow may fall at the last fence (it usually does) or an outsider two week heatwave romp home from nowhere.

I refuse to get worked up any more!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

RJBingham Gosh, sleet in winter, who’d a thought it? 😮 It’s actually forecasting snow here on the 10th, they’ll be needing to get the snow ploughs out at this rate!

Its turned out to be much better than forecast here. Forecast was for light rain all day. It is actually partly cloudy with blue sky! 😮 Temp currently 8.6°C, and humidity is quite low at 66%.

CC275465-31E5-4D25-A16C-BB3F54A4FEB7.png

38C9DF2D-AE56-4E25-A6D5-BE80BC6CDC6D.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

East Lancs Rain past experience tells me that sleet amounts to nothing more than one hour of freezing cold rain with a little ice. Par for the course for winter in this country.

Wingman Blue this all reminds me of those fantastic super heatwave charts that were churning out back in July and how the teleconnections were suggesting a return to hot and dry conditions, which didn't happen until September.

Edited by raz.org.rain