Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Apparently if you don't parrot the beast from the east deep arctic freeze narrative you're a doom mongerer who should be blocked. Honestly, that semblance of balance was the only reason I still checked on the models thread...

• Like 5

Posted

raz.org.rain I think too much viewing of Hollywood movies where it’s all extremes!

Chap I knew bought a hotel in Snowdonia in the early seventies - from the day he moved in it rained every day for seven weeks!

Posted

Possibly, but we had that cold run of easterlies back in December that weren’t predicted by many too.

Jetsteam’s changed. Showing the new drag from Friday morning and then goes ballistic, with feeds from Greenland and then Baffin Island!

Make of that what you will…

Posted

I'm not sure if a BFTE will do much for us this time around. The last time it delivered back in 2018, much of western Russia was locked in a deep freeze with plenty of cold to share. As far as I know, that deep cold isn't quite as lucrative this year.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Praying that any heat or warm conditions are pushed back as far as possible. Fed up with having no Winter again, just hoping for a repeat of last July to be extended this year, it was so comfortable🙂

Posted

markyo seems that a repeat of last summer isn't looking likely so far. Only reliable analog guesses I've seen are a 2003 repeat or a warmer 2010 repeat, so it sounds like it'll either be hot and dry or hot and wet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

raz.org.rain The word guess there gives me  hope, can only pray and hope it is nether of those two out comes. Last July was fantastic. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Methuselah Indeed. I suspect they’ll be a lot of toy throwing in the MAD thread very soon… 😉😁

0A990BD5-8095-4713-A25D-7BF467EC9397.thumb.png.58ed0fe5b73f928b860f5c85abedea09.png

But if the forecast cold snap does verify, then London could go from this…

53F7C663-FF5D-455D-93DA-C56BB4223DCE.thumb.png.6e6b93c663f9dbfac30274f37d1af20c.png

To this…

C6067438-8867-41F3-BFB3-B39B0FCAC3EC.thumb.png.265125f9ce03d7f23d8ab7d6bdd09d67.png

Having great fun with this AI image generation software. 

• Like 2

Posted

image.thumb.png.a38718747c3fb1c0de47adbc4c329720.png

Shame, as rain b4 colder weather arrives and dry after in the south but early days yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A windy, mild and mainly cloudy day here, at least it was dry so I could enjoy a long walk. But all a bit dreary, hopefully February won’t be like this all month 

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Praying that any heat or warm conditions are pushed back as far as possible. Fed up with having no Winter again, just hoping for a repeat of last July to be extended this year, it was so comfortable🙂

Oh yes, because after such a wet autumn and winter, the last thing we need is another extremely wet July… 🙄 I am personally hoping for SIX MONTHS of warmth, sunny and drought conditions from March to September! 🌞😎😈

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Another Mole hill of cold coming up,  the coldies are ramping up a mountain of cold ...😂

• Like 1

Posted

SunnyG says a lot. I can't exactly talk though, my weather preference says hot desert climate! I try to be realistic and not expect such conditions to arrive on our shores though.

East Lancs Rain my intuition keeps telling me we've got a long hot and dry summer ahead of us, even against some unfavourable synoptics! Although, I was adamant from the beginning that this winter would be mostly a mild affair, despite the LRFs saying no to that. Fortunately there are already some early trends that could provide some noteworthy hot spells though.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 2

Posted

I'm not really seeing where any significant easterly cold could come from, to be honest. It's usually not a great sign when the temperature anomalies are so significantly above average across the entirety of Europe.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looking like another dose of the the good old wet rain next week then, snowfall heights are creeping slowly north. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

I'm not really seeing where any significant easterly cold could come from, to be honest. It's usually not a great sign when the temperature anomalies are so significantly above average across the entirety of Europe.

From wishful bloody thinking raz! 🙄

Posted
On 02/02/2024 at 15:24, Sun Chaser said:

Particularly today which has been 14c and sunny - that's incredible for early Feb. Today it genuinely could've been April it's just been insanely springlike! How could anyone want this to end for cold and rain??

Nahhhhh cold and rain is much better, nothing like a bit of liquid sunshine! ☔😉

But seriously, I’ve come across YouTube comments from people living in hot sunny places that they would love to live in the UK because of the cool rainy weather… I bet a lot of foreign tourists who come to London in summer are disappointed if it’s not raining and below 20°C… I think even if I had a holiday in London I’d want to experience at least one cool and rainy day.. Because that is the stereotype of Londons weather. The video below is actually quite relaxing to watch.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

hopefully February won’t be like this all month 

I don’t know how accurate this is, but it’s looking very mild in Prague, although quite windy at times, with plenty of sunshine. Then possibly turning colder later.

45F08DD8-FD16-42F1-94ED-B2680C9976D0.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

OK, so I've lost my couple of hours of sleet, but I still have my epic frosty night to look forward to.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 06-40-32 Wetterzentrale.de - Diagrams.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

East Lancs Rain It’s mild at the moment, but unfortunately not the pleasant, sunny mild, it’s cloudy, damp and windy mild. Seems to be more common here in winter in recent years, all very dreary and unseasonal. Hopefully something more exciting coming along soon

• Like 1