Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

And parts of Canada have seen 5’ of snow apparently. Literally our placement on the globe is THE worst for snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. I hate being cold.

Weather-history

I’ve got tickets for Race Retro on the 23rd, so that is definitely weather I’m not looking forward to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

RJBingham

Would rather a day or 2 of snow then if possible some crisp sunshine, before quickly back to mild rather than a week of more severe cold and i'm left with no snow!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, KTtom said:

sounds like the last cold spell, had 1 frost and a snow shower (which actually caused chaos) in my location.

That just shows how Britain is completely useless at dealing with any kind of wintery weather. Europeans must laugh at us.

5 hours ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Nice - thought its was turning cold 😂

It is… For about 10 mins! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Was walking the dog earlier at the local country park and just as the ground had finally start to harden, last nights rain put it right back to square one again!

Completely waterlogged and looking like a mangrove with lakes in places not meant to be lakes lol. 

Please weather gods, at least give us 5 dry months this year!! We've not had a month below 50mm since May 2023!

20240207_125127.jpg

20240207_125329.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Actually a really pleasant day here, feels like a crisp early spring. Hazy sunshine, zero breeze, colder but you can feel the strength of the sun too. Very different from the sleet and rain fest I was expecting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, Weather-history said:

It is...there's this to look forward to

These weather models are like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey! 🥕 🐴 😆 It’s always in 5 - 10 days time that the cold is forecast to arrive but it never does! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Metwatch where have you been in the MOD thread mate , missed your level headed input ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

*Stormforce~beka* yep me too Becca , needing some sun and warmth now 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

winterfreak yep Novia Scotia and the Maritimes had their worst snow storm for 20 years ..some places got 150cm in 36 hrs 

• Insightful 2

Posted

Never seen such hysteria over a quick snow to rain event, Going to be a lot of disappointed people come this time tomorrow. 

Well unless ya one of those farmers/hermits who's right out in the sticks.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

johncam

Still posting in there occasionally, but nothing much to talk about at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing Fog, Clear blue skies and sunny (cold/warm), snow

Well. There was me hoping that with a new year, we could put the nightmare trainwreck that was 2023 behind us and return to something a bit more normal in terms of sunshine levels but no, this waking nightmare of eternal, relentless gloom just goes on and on and on and on and interminably f*****g on. 
Grey skies monday, grey skies tuesday, and the rest of the week, and the week after that.

I am 40 years old and I have never lived through an 18 month period of such soul destroying darkness and grey gloom. I'd need to research this but surely we must have shattered records for low sunshine levels during this period. It must be absolutely unprecedented. I've never lived through such a period of low sunshine levels like this in all my life. It's making everyone I know angry, depressed, lethargic. I'm going to invest all my effort over the next few years of my life to emigrating elsewhere. I'm done with this. I am going to be one of the only "climate refugees" over the next twenty years who will actually move towards the desert. I will happily never see another drop of rain for the rest of my life.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Atleastitwillbemild and yet some are happy to entertain the idea of a cold spring followed by a cool and wet summer! That would truly make for one of the worst two year periods since the infamous early 2010s cold curse.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing Fog, Clear blue skies and sunny (cold/warm), snow

raz.org.rain  Oh yes! Let's bring on my long time favourite: the stupidly useless late winter SSW! Pointless, snowless cold March and April followed by a feezing, wet, gloomy May. Three cheers for the Northerly blocking in spring!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Atleastitwillbemild It hasnt really been abnormal though and certainly no records shattered. January had 110-150% of normal sunshine in Wiltshire depending on where you are for example:

2024_1_Sunshine_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif

2023 as a whole was average or just slightly below:

2023_17_Sunshine_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif

I think the issue is the sunshine we have had has come in large blocks with weeks of rubbish in between. Mid-January was very sunny during that colder spell, but either side was pretty dire. All of 2023 has been like this. Rather than an even distribution of sunshine it was more segregated which makes it feel worse I think.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1