Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A much better day today with that increasingly stronger sunshine feeling very pleasant to be out in it. A bit chilly when the cumulus clouds roll in though, but wasn't that many of them around. Approaching 10°C after an air frost at -1°C. I think managed a total of at least 7-8 hours of sunshine today.

20240303_1530362.thumb.jpg.17901dee503b1f4a417709aaa08e5030.jpg

This week doesn't look too bad either, just some rain tomorrow night which should clear by Tuesday. Temperatures forecast are quite respectable for early March as well, 10-12C if it's sunny enough,

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Metwatch 8c and Hazy Sunshine in my areas after a foggy start. I probably wont manage more than 3 hours but today was still a decent day (Already better than March 2023 🤪)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Sunny day today, you can feel the strength of it. It's now strong enough to keep my bedroom warm!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Only sun I got today was 15 mins of hazy sunshine and skies slowly clearing just before sunset. Cute. Essex sucks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS 12Z looking pants! E'ly breeze no cold or warmth, much preferred 06Z which was showing early taste of Spring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Metwatch I'm actually in Coventry this week 😆 Been a very passable early March day if you ask me. Also quite noticeable how much drier the air feels here vs on the east coast, I've always liked that crisp Midlands air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

they are still expecting a visit from the beast in the MOD thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

AI's power is over-rated at the moment, give it another couple of years though and it might just be good enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Much better day, lots of hazy sunshine. Felt a bit more like Spring.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, SunSean said:

Only sun I got today was 15 mins of hazy sunshine and skies slowly clearing just before sunset. Cute. Essex sucks.

It’s been a mostly cloudy day here too. Temp disappointing as well only reached about 7C.

Posted

Me : Weather God!!!!
Weather God : What!!!!! Cant you see Im busy washing the country out
Me : Can we have some sunshine please????
Weather God : We have sunshine at home

Sunshine at home : March 2023
Me : 😢

Me : Weather God, you have a visitor
Weather God : Who??
Me : Your friend, Sunny Easterly
Sunny Easterly : Hi, can I come in
Weather God : No, get the F out
Sunny Easterly : Why????
Weather God : Your coming in and taking my powers. I dont want ugly blue skies, I want it grey
Sunny Easterly : Your horrible, Im out 😭

Me : What was that for???
Weather God : I dont want my powers being taken away, I love causing havoc and misery to everyone
Me : Why??? Arent we getting bored of grey skies and rain. What about flooding too
Weather God : I dont give a crap, at least we will all be hydrated. Actually, Im going to create another Storm Babet on YOUR Birthday 🤣🤣
Me : Ughhh, I hate you

Edited by baddie
  • Like 1

Posted

feb1991blizzard It's hardly a problem restricted to this country. It's a problem everywhere. We humans shall eventually become redundant, like in Blade Runner, only worse than there.

As for weather forecasting, AI will eventually get it right, just give it time.

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

SunSean it was a mostly sunny day here, not bad at all. Monday looking sunny as well.

The forecast for here kinda made me laugh though. Every single day with a high of 10C. I don't think I've ever seen such a ridiculously stable and boring forecast - but at least it's dry. Seems like we're finally entering the period of the year when the Atlantic goes quiet.

Untitled.thumb.png.0a4106594d00be19e203700e6117d3ad.png

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

cheese Wow yeah, talk about playing it safe on the forecasting haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild

Avoided the mad thread for awhile now. Is there talk of snow in March or is the big event now coming in April? 😀

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

Jeez, what a dire GFS and Met Office 30-day forecast. March a write-off by all accounts, at least in the south.

Looks like March 2024 could be as wet as 2023 (in the south) looking that those. The synoptics on today's GFS in fact seem almost identical to those a year ago.

Can't believe such extraordinary bad luck, to have two extremely wet months on the trot and two extremely wet Marches on the trot. The models today (looked for the first time in a while) seem even worse than they did last week.

If the Met Office forecast for the month is anywhere near accurate we are going to have a major flooding crisis in the south, perhaps starting next weekend. Locally it looks like we just cannot handle any more rainfall.

Already mentally preparing for a spring lacking its usual beauty to be honest. Yes, April and May probably will be drier than Feb and March (not hard!), but the prolonged spell of mild, dull and wet conditions are likely to cause the spring flowers to come up early so April and May will be more spartan compared to normal. All the flowers coming up while it's still dull, wet and gloomy so we can't enjoy them.

So a dull, wet summer; a dull, wet autumn; a mild, dull, wet winter and now a spring lacking its usual beauty. Four poor seasons on the trot; we are continuing to pay in droves for that May/June spell last year.

I really hope this is not what climate change is condemning us to, and that the southwestern quarter of the UK (southwest of say Brighton to Anglesey) is not transitioning into a dull, wet, invarying-temperature-across-the-year, flood-soaked land.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
On 27/02/2024 at 00:40, cheese said:

with only the south coast exceeding 50% of the total possible sunshine in any month.

I'm surprised the south coast is sunnier as IMX we are constantly in the firing line for dull, damp southwesterlies!

Certainly when I lived further inland and closer to London the climate seemed drier and sunnier.

Posted
9 hours ago, cheese said:

Seems like we're finally entering the period of the year when the Atlantic goes quiet.

Someone needs to tell the GFS and the Met Office that!

If every day of this month was cloudy (but not dull and gloomy) and dry, I'd stop complaining. Sadly it looks like yet another deluge today and then renewed deluges from Saturday, at least for that part of the country.

As always in the contemporary UK climate, northeast is best and southwest is worst though.

Posted

Weatherman_93 Never mind snow, I just want to see a settled spell of just about any description now. Sadly in 2023/2024, these are about as rare as snow!

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 First half of March is turning out a lot better than Met Office predicted, thanks to Easterlies. The second half is not quite a write-off by Met Office, just average. If the high could just shift further South or stay in the East then we might actually have a decent March ahead

• Like 2

Posted

Summer8906 They are hardly to be trusted though, considering how often they got it wrong this winter, the most notable example being February, which they predicted would be very cold and was very mild instead. Let's be positive  🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Summer8906 The south coast is definitely pretty wet between November and January, but it's sunnier for sure year-round but especially in the summer. Bognor Regis for example gets 1,918 hours of sun a year on average while London gets 1,674 hours. That's almost as big as the difference between London and Glasgow.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Now this is more like it. Wall to wall sunshine. 

• Like 3