Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Wouw. Sunshine. Of course it was not forecasted for the morning, one could not make it up, failed meto forecast for just T+12 hours... 🤭 

IMG_20240312_104132.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Summer8906 We'll have to agree to disagree 🙂 I am devoutly hoping for an April 2022 then summer 2022 repeat. I am sure the flowers will love that. I remember in 2022 all the gardens around here were in spectacular bloom and that winter had been mild if not milder than the current one.

rain_shadow Lucky you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

The Met office are adopting the meme we use here, but without any sense of irony, I think. 

"AT LEAST IT WILL BE MILD". 

Also looks like the rain today is primarily condensed in the east (shocker), whilst western areas are fairing better, which is not surprising at all for the continuation of the 2023-24 pattern. 

Screenshot_20240312-114310~2.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Just an addition, it's not actually really mild. 10c for me which is around smack bang average max for mid March in London. 

Yesterday was a wet chill, genuinely cold, and today I couldn't care less how "mild" it is when it's raining from sunrise to sunset (sorry, cloud appearance to cloud disappearance, because sunrise and sunset implies that such a thing as a sun can be visible in the sky lol).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

1 year since I basically cursed the weather by making an account here, it seems since the day I joined it's been almost ceaseless bad weather! Sorry everyone 😁

I don't know how this March will compare to 2023 but I doubt it will end up being remembered fondly either.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I would like to know the percentage of cloudy days we’ve had as a posed  to sunny days the past several months, I’ve never known anything like it. It’s no wonder many people went down with flu and colds this season, among other reasons many must be seriously lacking in vitamin d, thankfully I take a multivitamin every day so I never got Ill.

This pattern has got to break at some point surely! Call me whatever but we surely do deserve a stellar spring and summer surely? I don’t think I’d cope if we have a below average spring and summer 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
7 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Also looks like the rain today is primarily condensed in the east (shocker), whilst western areas are fairing better, which is not surprising at all for the continuation of the 2023-24 pattern. 

Hmmm imagine if you were actually in the west in 2023? I think you'd be even more down and depressed...🤣

image.thumb.png.731d8d35ccac28d7e522dc78358e7207.png

image.thumb.png.67c20e2d36b1d1f50d3cf94f23ebe306.png

image.thumb.png.43c250476ae2a716a3c44716a707639f.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

I don’t care about the stats. 

This is the most depressing winter I can ever remember. I think 94/95 was really wet too, cycling and getting very wet on my bike nearly three days a week. 

Go to Australia for 4 weeks in July/August to get a feel on how cloudy it is here. It’s astounding. 

Only made worse by weather forecasters just focusing on temperatures, not the actual weather. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

TwisterGirl81 Dull March so far. EXTREMELY dull February. RECORD dull December. Somewhat dull October and November. Very dull July and August. 

It never stops. The last widely sunnier than average month was June, 9 months ago. Since then we've had at least 5 widely duller than average months? It doesn't seem right at all

• Like 5

Posted

Sun Chaser too true, we can only hope the above average months for sun will fall in spring and summer, it’s all we can do at this point.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Sun Chaser we've definitely had our fair share of duller than average months. Its been pretty relentless. 

Only exceptions were June, September, November last year and funnily enough, January this year were all sunnier than average for large parts of the country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Obviously we won’t get the Covid spring of 2020 again.  That was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Buzzard  Don't be silly, the only reason why we had that Spring was because we were all trapped indoors and couldn't actually go anywhere or do anything with the usable weather aside from sitting in the garden, if you're lucky enough to have one.

• Like 2

Posted

Buzzard I sometimes wonder if it was because there were hardly any planes flying overhead, makes you wonder what those chemicals do 

In Absence of True Seasons I still had to go to work and watch all my neighbours in their gardens, it sucked…

• Like 2

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Almost like the weather here is spiteful. 

Not that we didn’t know that already. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There's every chance that it'll be April before January's 19.9C maximum is beaten. . . 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted

TwisterGirl81 Here we've had just 348.9 hours of sunshine since 1st October. The 1991-2020 average for that period is around 430 hours.

In that 166 day period, over half of the days (85 days) have had 1 hour of sunshine or less. 57 have had no sunshine.

I think the most damning stat is that only 47 days (just over a quarter) have had 3 hours or more.

I don't have a clue what average would be, but that seems very low to me. It doesn't help that what sunshine we have had is over a few days, with long periods of hardly any in between. We're in one now (1.9hrs in the last 6 days), plus:

5th-18th Feb- 14.3hrs
3rd-14th Jan - 11.4hrs
19th - 28th Dec - 8.9hrs
15th - 28th Nov - 18.6hrs
20th Oct - 3rd Nov - 11.1hrs

No wonder it has felt so dull.

• Insightful 2

Posted

Absolutely vile this morning. Grey, moderate to heavy rain all morning, temp of 8c.

Up to 12c now, but still feels cold. Age is catching up with me, i reck🙄.

Edited by Bristawl Si
  • Like 3

Posted

Summer8906 Yeah, it was the 18Z. If we have a decent last third, March will still end up decent in my books

Sun Chaser Awww its okay, its not your fault the weather here behaves like a lunatic

Edited by baddie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well it’s got better here but only just….

IMG_0892.jpeg

Posted

Summer8906 I don't think i've seen it more than 4 days although your further South than me. Not as bad as I thought then ... Hmmm ... I'm going to start recording it!

Summer8906 I've always viewed the start of Spring as the 1st March due to it being metrological. I am thinking of changing this to later in the month now as the last 2 Marches have shown nothing Springlike in March!

Posted

SunnyG I'm desperate ... I'll take snow and cold if it was to give me the sun now

In Absence of True Seasons We would never have thought this last year would we? ... NEVER! I almost want to say come back 2023. At least it was stained glass windowing dry ...

Posted

stainesbloke At least yo uget to escape to another country!

Summer8906 I think it is changing our country into that. And that scares me ... A LOT!

Posted

rain_shadow Stop trolling us 😞

In Absence of True Seasons It's reached 13c here. Which is what I expect for March! I wanna start seeing teens now