Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

17c with sunny spells, feels warm out there in the sun.

• Like 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

It was raining on my way back from school run this morning. Not heavy at all but rain none the less!

What  were you expecting, blue skies or something?! 🤣 🤣

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

A brief "fool's fine spell" of sunny dry and warm weather for an hour or two earlier before the usual rain and dull weather have quickly returned.

Never trust sunshine in a southwesterly, it'll never last long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Irish Trees and Shrubs - Strawberry Tree (irelandseye.com)https://www.irelandseye.com/aarticles/travel/nature/trees/strawberry_tree/strawberry_tree.htm#:~:text=Caithne The strawberry tree is a large shrub,Irish stronghold is around Killarney in County Kerry.

image.thumb.png.e1b51dd0d05c8f85a65c79fa1ae6fc0e.png

WIKI "It is interesting that it is relic in Ireland in Ireland of when the north atlantic was "warmer" than now, Its disjunct distribution, with an isolated relict population in southwestern and northwestern Ireland, notably in Killarney and around Lough Gill in County Sligo, which is its most northerly stand in the world, is a remnant of former broader distribution during the milder climate of the Atlantic period, the warmest and moistest Blytt–Sernander period, when the climate was generally warmer than today."

Edited by Downburst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

*Stormforce~beka* i'll take what i can get! 🤣

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Downburst There is one of these in the park between Richmond Hill and the river.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

danm I see the central south coast was also disproportionately dull in summer 2020, and it definitely felt it.

Yet more evidence we're doing particularly badly in recent summers; recently I have noted that August 2019 was duller here than most parts of the country, and August 2023 also disproportionately dull.

I suspect the summer sunshine totals of coastal Central S England will be lower in the decade 2015-24 compared to other recent decades.

• Like 1

Posted

Low cloud to valley level 4 days on the trot, feel sorry for any tourists who are wanting to take pictures of the fells.. haven't seen ground above 250m. Feels akin to the dark gloomy depths of December. 

• Like 1

Posted

Very strange feeling day here. Around 13-14C the maximum, but very few breaks in the cloud, and quite a lot of rain about. Until early this evening when the wind started to get up, it felt more like late May or early June, or perhaps at the other end of the year, a showery spell in early September - almost a muggy, humid feel. Quite bizarre for mid-March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Properly cold wind this evening my area! I didn't wrap up well enough as it was deceptively mild earlier. 

I guess it's not called "March winds" for nothing 

• Insightful 1

Posted

Here's hoping for one that GFS 12z has the right idea tonight. A significant dry and mild to warm spell, beginning around the middle of next week and running through to the weekend. Not a lot of support for it but it really would be about time in terms of finally drying out riverside paths and reducing the risk of further flooding, and possibly allowing a bit more in terms of outdoor activity to take advantage of the longer days.

Posted

Summer8906 Likewise, always trust cloud breaks in an Easterly, the sun will shine for the rest of the day ☀️

Im finding it quite hard to rate this March so far. I wouldnt rank it below a 3/10 because of a reasonably dry week with some sunshine but anticyclonic gloom (Based in my area), but how dull it was and the wet 2nd week prevent me from ranking it high. It gets a 3.5/10 so far, but a good final third will make this March decent in my books

• Like 2

Posted

Today is a perfect example of my number one dislike of the northwestern European climate.

It's rained for hours - and hours - and hours - but the rain has done absolutely no good.

What I mean by that is, it hasn't cleared the air. It's every bit as dull and oppressively humid behind the rain as it has been in the past few days, perhaps more so, even.

Even active fronts are done better in other climates. In other parts of the temperate world, when it's rained for hours, it invariably becomes clear and fresh with sparkling visibility behind it.

Basically we rarely seem to get a significant veer of the wind behind a front - it's just the same old southwesterlies. You wonder how the frontal systems become so active when there seems to be little difference in temp between the tropical and "polar" (?) airmasses.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2

Posted

baddie Re the easterlies, probably true 9 times out of 10 here although it might differ where you are, of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A pleasant early spring day here, with some sunshine and temperatures reaching 17°C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

stainesbloke I can only dream of 17c right now, we really struggle with temps on the south coast first half of spring.

• Like 3

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I'm happy with the mild. I would die if this was 5c and thick cloud. We've had that this "winter" ... glad to see the back of that!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* yes, mild and cloudy is better than cold and cloudy...trouble is, at this time of year, it's much more likely to be sunny if it's cold!

Update from my ends...it's raining again. We had a good 3 hours of dryness so it's much needed.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

After all my moans, yesterday was beautiful. Laying out in the sunshine in 17 degrees with, as someone else said, a slightly muggy feel - it easily felt like it could've been high teens or even early twenties there. The sun was out, the clouds were making very interesting shapes - I don't know my types sadly - and the tree blossom looked beautiful. It really did feel like summer and it took me totally by surprise!

Having said that... back to it today. Watching it absolutely chuck it down from the comfort of a train.

IMG_8980.thumb.jpeg.9e5c7a283104e2993107c96c3f6ce93b.jpegIMG_8979.thumb.jpeg.9e76005e35be3d86fda45d7d9c560c78.jpeg

• Like 1