Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

SollyOlly cold and snow stinks at this time of the year ..i just want winter to be over 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

cheeky_monkey I do sympathise, given what you get, and I'd probably feel the same if we had had months of cold and snow. On the other hand...I just wanted a winter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 18/03/2024 at 20:00, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Mine is on as we speak. I'm feeling chilly. 5-16c are hideous chilly temperatures where I feel most cold. Bring back 0c or skip to 20c Thanks 

You mean you feel colder when it’s 10°C outside than when it’s 0°C… Whaaaaaat? 🤨🤯

• Like 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Don't worry, June, July and August will be hot and dry all the way! 😉 

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted

reef That's a great point, mate. I have gradually started to worry/ wonder about that, too...! I don't like hot summers, but the weather last July was a bit odd (August was ok as far as I was concerned). And to see essentially the same pattern for many, many months...in spite of 'learned comments' from 'teleconnections experts'...has made me wonder!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

doubt that Donald, feeling we're in for a cool low pressure summer, please the rain lovers like razorgRAIN and Bingham etc

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
38 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

yea it's the dampness. When it's 0 it's usually dry! Just feels crisp and different. I dunno. Can't explain it mate!

I get what you mean, but I still find a 10°C damp and cloudy day much warmer than a 0°C and sunny one. And I tend to find that high humidity, even at low temps, tends to make it feel warmer for me. I guess we’re all different!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Don I'll regret saying this if it actually happens, but for the first time today I found myself wishing for another 40 °C in July. For all I don't want it to be that hot, at least it wasn't wet and grey the whole time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I think it's a little premature to be concerned that CC = an increase in unsettled weather for the UK, so soon after summer 2022?!  If the theme is the broadly same in 5 years, fair enough, but not for now.

• Like 4

Posted

raz.org.rain Think it's way too early to predict summer. July 2023 was primed to be hot, and what we got was the completely opposite. Can recall the LRFs suggesting a hot month but it all collapsed.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Can recall the LRFs suggesting a hot month but it all collapsed.

I recall something rather similar happening in more recent months, albeit not suggesting heat!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

raz.org.rain Urgh, hot and wet would be horrendous. Imagine non-stop humid tropical nights for weeks on end. Those of us (the majority) without aircon in our houses would barely get any sleep! 🤢

• Like 4

Posted

Arctic Hare Agreed, that would be the worst possible scenario! 🥵  I would take the current weather over that!

• Like 3

Posted

Do you think that we could get a warm-but-not-hot, temperate, sunny summer...? Like those of my youth? 

Nah. Perhaps not.

If it's a choice between 40c madness and a 2012 redux, much as I wouldn't want that, I'd take 2012!

I appreciate that memory can deceive, but last August felt ok to me - decent sunshine, not excessive heat, usable weather. The summer of 2022 was too uncomfortable (for those of us without aircon!), excessive heat bursts every month...the first week of September last year was hell...Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me...!

Edited by SollyOlly
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

please the rain lovers like razorgRAIN and Bingham etc

More like Charlie🐻, markyo, slimshady and Solihull olly.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Frigid to be fair, even when we were at the height of the worst of it in July, it wasn't as dramatically below average as it otherwise could have been. I believe a few observers had made the point that the poor July was likely a consequence of the absurdly high SSTs, which in turn helped to maintain a high minima.

Posted

Arctic Hare that's my honest concern. I'm a fan of hotter weather, but hot and wet is unusable in all respects. Can't get out and enjoy the outdoors because it's too wet, can't sleep because it's too humid etc. June last year gave us a demonstration of how it can be wet but still remain warm to hot, and it feels downright tropical. You could probably swim in that humidity.

Edited by raz.org.rain

Posted

Don The dominant weather synoptics have been very consistent in their dullness for the past year it would seem. No matter what the short and long range forecasts suggest, we always end up with some variation of Atlantic dominance on steroids.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

cold and snow stinks at this time of the year ..i just want winter to be over 

Your choice being in Canada 😉 

• Like 2