Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

NEVES SCREAMER It's all connected, comrade. The lack of/ merging of seasons...you want a mild and wet February? Then accept a 'mild' and wet July...

• Like 2

Posted

NEVES SCREAMER Irrespective of what you like, or my preference, I don't see the logic in lamenting the amount of rain earlier in the year and then going on to hope for more of it throughout winter, as you did.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

SollyOlly fortunately the long range seems to favour something hotter and drier so far for July. But, as we've seen throughout winter, the long range forecasts could be completely unreliable.

• Like 2

Posted

CharlieBear9 I was lamenting the amount of rain over 13 months. We can have wet summers or winters but this period is unprecedented. Blimey you are like a pack of Wolves. Good job I don't take it personally unlike some folks on this forum Have a nice evening. Sorry if I upset you or anyone else.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The day started out beautifully here with warm sunshine but rapidly deteriorated with the passage of a cold front around lunchtime. Not much rain but the wind was very gusty and it felt quite unpleasant by the afternoon in that cold wind and under grey skies. The temperature dropped over 10°C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

I think the drab weather will last into the summer but I don't think it will be to the extent of what we've had. I feel like we'll get a summer with shades of 1998, 1999, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014 etc. I think there'll be one month that's decent but overall poor weather will prevail, there'll be a moderate annual maximum in the 31-34C range and it'll be duller than average with rainfall probably not far from normal. Two horrendous Julys in a row is possible but I'd probably bet against it, so perhaps a mixed to poor June and August but a dry July. Likewise, two great Junes are possible but not super likely. A stab in the dark and a pull from the "weather fan spirit realm" makes me think: bad June, decent and dry July and a mixed August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

NEVES SCREAMER this recent weather pattern has been a drag tbh, i am personally sick to the back teeth of it, you always stick your colours to the mast NS and have always been clear about your weather preference, which we are all entitled to, don't quite get the 'pile on' tonight tbh 👍

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

LetItSnow! god I hope not! We only got one decent month last year during summer…hoping April changes our fortunes, we certainly deserve it…we can’t keep on getting relentless low pressure for time and memoriam, hopefully we get relentless high pressure soon 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 4

Posted

Wold Topper winter has been terrible, so the cold fans are annoyed. But it's continued into spring, so the warm fans are annoyed. I can't imagine anyone is happy with this weather at this point.

• Like 6

Posted

NEVES SCREAMER  you are perfectly within your right to say how you feel, many of us agree, it has been unprecedented the amount of duller and wetter months we’ve had the past year surely?

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted

TwisterGirl81 if it's any consolation, we're unlikely to see a notably poor summer. The past 15 years or so have hinted towards such summers being exceptions, with decent summers being more of the norm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

LetItSnow!Two horrendous Julys in a row is certainly possible. We are in the 2nd horrendous March in a row right now. We had countless awful Augusts in a row from 2006-2011.

I hope we have the hottest summer on record, with zero measurable rainfall for months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

raz.org.rain yep, that pretty much sums it up tbf, seems to be a lot of angst in the weather enthusiast's community at the mo, understandably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

I created a climate based on every month being a different July from the 2012-2023 period. It looks fantastic, like a thundery Las Palmas. Try and guess which July is in which month.

wdlPw1S.png

• Like 1

Posted

B87 oddly enough that would be a realistic climate for us... if we enter a thermal maximum hothouse. So it would be a few hundred years away at the earliest.

• Like 1

Posted

B87 I’m ok with rain but a little below average or in the form of overnight deluges to water the plants/wildlife etc. Hopefully every month is well above for sunshine.

this is the young with our climate, at least in many parts of USA they know they’ll have a warm sunny summer, with our climate it’s really a roll of a dice sometimes 

• Like 3

Posted

TwisterGirl81 Thanks for your support. I won't ever attempt to block or report anyone. Even those I know want to block me/kick me off the forum. I believe you are entitled to say what you want (within reason) and on subject. I will continue to welcome comments from everyone on this forum. And I mean everyone. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

raz.org.rain Statistically speaking I'd say it's very, very unlikely we'll get a 'poor' summer season again in 2024. Of course it *could* happen, but another repeat of high summer 2023 just feels highly unlikely.

By which, I mean having the majority of the summery conditions condensed specifically into June and then the followed 6 weeks be predominantly high pressure.

I'd imagine we see another 2019/2021. Not amazing, but certainly not awful - just the typical mixed bag British summer. 

Of course, I'd love another 2018 but such years are.needles in haystacks irrespective of CC.

Posted
Just now, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Of course, I'd love another 2018 but such years are.needles in haystacks irrespective of CC.

I think 2018 was actually coming up as a suggested analogue up until recently, along with 1989, 1995 and 2003. The suggestion was strong but it could have changed with how this March is going. @CryoraptorA303 is still tracking it as far as I know.