Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

17c with lots of sunshine at the mo. Feels warm out there, even though there is a fair breeze. 

IMG_2228.thumb.jpeg.8b16ba08083a84ba48481505801732b9.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

16C with a dew point of 11C. Sunny spells and breezy. Feels pleasant. More of these days please!

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Absolutely cannot stand the wind! Style the hair pretty dapper, go outside and 20 seconds later end up looking like Elton John.

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

SunSean That made me laugh, thank you. 😁

I have the most unruly hair in the world. Despite brushing it and no matter what the weather is doing.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Odd day tomorrow. Starts out mild and settled, then abruptly turns windy. Despite +40mph winds, there's a max temperature of about 17°c with a "feels like" temperature of 17°c, highly unusual given the strength of the wind at this time of year.

Posted

CryoraptorA303 definitely. Apparently one of the qualifying criteria for Cfb climate classification is that the warmest month's average maximum doesn't exceed 22°c, yet London's July average is 23°c. I'm not sure what the criteria is for an official Köppen reclassification, it's something like ten consecutive years of consistent observable change. The closest climate to Cfb would be Csb as the overall averages are very close.

• Like 1

Posted

My overall impression is that we're seeing the precedent set for the rest of the year. So even when we're faced with unfavourable synoptics such as overcast skies and a strong breeze, it's still managing above average temperatures with a mild feel. A part of me is still thinking we'll see a hot and dry summer, but a repeat of 2019's high humidity and heat is just as likely. Basically either dry plumes or thundery plumes, I guess the latter would be interesting for thunderstorm activity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
17 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

yet London's July average is 23°c

23.9c between 1991-2020

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

raz.org.rain I agree but, back in the Swinging Sixties, 22C/72F was about average for London. . . What's Cfb? 😁

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

raz.org.rain Mean temperature, not average max. 

A dry summer climate with a mean below 22c in the warmest month is a Csb, which is what a lot of the SE is already close to (14 of the last 30 years have been Csb in London). A hot summer (mean >22c) is Csa, and I can only think of 2 months when the mean temperature was above 22c; July 2006 and July 2018 (though July 1983 came close with 21.8c). There have been lots of summer months with 21.X means though. 

London's long term July mean is 19.1c.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

heavy snow again this morning ..now i remember why April is one of my least fav months of the year here 😡

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's a sunny 18C here, just now! image.thumb.png.a78299e6a74a4ac916dd473a9199fd09.png  👍

And, ironically, my boiler got mended today!

Edited by Methuselah

Posted

I see it's that time of year again where people get triggered by map colours and make crayon comments. Twitter really is the gutter of the internet.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Fully expecting 21c/70f to be breached tomorrow in Eastern England. Todays temperature has reached 19c/66f ,and the plume hasn't reached us yet!

• Like 2

Posted

Quite a big temperature spread across the UK today, as well as a big difference in conditions. It's 17C with sunshine here in Leeds but only 6C with rain in Glasgow & Edinburgh.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

ANYWEATHER Even 19C is quite extraordinary in such cloudy, breezy, Atlantic-dominated air at the start of April. A good 5C or so higher than what I would expect from these synoptics.

A complete waste arguably: it dilutes the anticipation of seeing the first higher temperatures in the first warm anticyclone of the season.

2024 continues to disappoint on just about every level.

One award April 2024 could win is "most boring April of the past 50 years", even if it isn't as wet as 2000 or 2012. 

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Summer8906 It was quite sunny for most of England today and forecast to be mostly sunny tomorrow too so I wouldn't call it a waste. The only 'bad' thing will be the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

cheese Still missing out on sun down here. The morning was completely cloudy and the afternoon brighter but with a lot of higher cloud.

It remains a very dull start to April and I suspect tomorrow we'll be too far west to get any sun.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

Even 19C is quite extraordinary in such cloudy, breezy, Atlantic-dominated air at the start of April.

I wouldnt call it extraordinary, long fetch south-westerly with a warm airmass, long land track for eastern and central areas means warmer temperatures there, these synoptics don't bring early warmth for us on the south coast unfortunately, max of 15c here.

• Like 1

Posted

Freeze Even still, temps of approaching 20C normally require prolonged sunshine or a direct southerly or SE-ly. I've known cases of direct southerlies later in the month that were only a little warmer (22 or 23C).

SW-lies normally remain relatively cool by day in late spring or early summer, due to the high moisture content (hence I have many memories of cool, clammy and humid Tm airmasses in May and June; they only start becoming warm around late July or August).

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Summer8906 I agree with you in terms of it being unusual and probably would have probably been a couple degrees lower 20 years ago in the same set up. I suppose one can forget the strength of the April sun though and in any upper of 5 or higher it really doesn't take much to become quite warm.

• Like 1

Posted

cheeky_monkey But dry next week with seasonable max temps and cold nights, suggesting dry air.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/c3x29n299#?date=2024-04-05

If we give you our mild but dull southwesterlies, can we have your snow and dry weather next week? 😉

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

LetItSnow! True about the sun I guess... though for here, it's a case of "what April sun?" Last seen on Monday... 😉

Edited by Summer8906