Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* It does seem particularly dark in your house/that room. Probably not helped by the fact that the curtains aren’t fully open. Maybe that’s why you feel cold all the time? 

Once you’re outside, it isn’t actually that bad. In the sun, it actually feels quite warm. 

• Like 2

Posted

Been a very decent day here.  Not always wall to wall sunshine but very pleasant and was fine in a t-shirt on my walk.

12 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Once you’re outside, it isn’t actually that bad. In the sun, it actually feels quite warm. 

Definitely and a great day to get out and about!  Tomorrow is looking similar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

B87 I agree but no extreme heat, that was my point

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

markyo I'm not so sure about that, I believe we're heading for a hybrid of a 2018/2022 summer repeat.

Edited by raz.org.rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

markyo A summer like 1996 would be accepted by most. Dry and sunny but not particularly warm.

raz.org.rain I hope so. A first 30c average high to make up for the rubbish we have seen so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

raz.org.rain Probably got more chance of winning the euro millions 3 weeks on the trot than getting a 2018/2022 Summer again in our new era Faroe Island climate. I like your optimism though lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
8 hours ago, SunnyG said:

..... aaand it's gone

It didn’t go anywhere. Some patchy cloud came in.  

Lot’s of really good sunny spells today, but pretty chilly unfortunately. 

Posted

It is strange to think this time last week I was out in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops, it was that warm. The joys of Spring - the most schizophrenic season there is. 

Posted

danm Was out in a t-shirt today.  Cooling off significantly now though!

Posted

raz.org.rain A very bold claim, thing is literally no one knows how the summer will pan out. LRFs, analogues, seasonals are aren't great tbh. Don't have to go back to see them failing miserably (July 2023, Winter 23/24). 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Frigid Knowing how this year has gone so far, we will probably get a cool cloudfest like 2021.

Posted

Spent barely any time outside today. It was Baltic in that wind. Heating on tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

FitzroviaChap just back, weather was keek

Posted

Europe temperatures this afternoon. Nowhere really looks warm except parts of Iberia:

IMG_2340.thumb.png.26c2325a7242dc0302ceda55e64c843d.png

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
5 hours ago, emmett garland said:

It's April its sunny and so what if its 10 to 16 degrees in blue sky and the lucky ones (which is a lot of us have a small space or a .garden .So at some point we have a suntrap out of the wind and several hours of bliss and I can say I am sitting in my suntrap and its 10.9 degrees but its bloody gorgeous and im very warm and .tanning.. ITS PERFECT .

Completely agree! Was out in the countryside, cycling, walking etc from mid afternoon to sunset earlier and it was lovely. If there isn't much wind and it's mostly sunny like it has been today, 11C or 21C they don't feel overly different this time of year out in the sunshine. The sun is at the same strength as August UV around 4, with the sun altitude now at 50° which is pretty strong!

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted

Goodness me, dawn till dusk without any precipitation falling upon my bonce. Thats a rare thing nowadays. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

AWD At the time of posting that that was all the blue there was. It did clear a bit more later and even ended the day on pure blue skies. I did go out in the garden. Scarf and winter coat. Ended up with both off by the end of the day 😂 

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* blimey, I would have sweated buckets if I had gone out in a winter coat and scarf today!  In fact, I would have probably fainted! 🥵

24 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Ended up with both off by the end of the day 😂 

I should think so! 🤣

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted

I got married yesterday and still can’t believe my luck. Not just because I’m wed to the woman of my dreams, but that despite picking this day way back in 2022, we somehow got very lucky and picked one of the only completely dry days for some time. Yes it was chilly outside but in the few moments the cloud cleared and the sun popped its head out, our photographer seized the chance and snapped away, so it’s going to look a lot warmer in the photos!

All this spring I’ve trudged to and from work in the grey skies and rain and hoped for so long there’d be an exception on the 20th April, secretly hoping for a 2011 or 2020 run of sunshine but I’m still very happy with what I got, especially noticing the rain comes back in force next week. Now to hope it gets better for our north England minimoon in May!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Reading the latest views on the weather going forward isn’t encouraging yet is it 😵‍💫  Really want to get the summer repotted plug plants out of the conservatory into the portable greenhouse.  Had them outside during the day yesterday but it doesn’t seem warm enough overnight yet.  Cats are desperate to get into the conservatory but I daren’t let them in there with small potted plants - carnage would ensue 😬

• Like 1