Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 21st February

PB22

Guest ChaserUK

well glad to say the Channel Islands have not been left out so far - we had the first heavy snow shower around 8Pm and another just 5 minutes ago - no covering but temp 1.5c with dp of -1.8c

Posted

Had a 2 1/2 hour Blizzard earlier with Vivid Blue Lightning, left about 2cm which has melted on the roads but has stuck to the roofs and grass.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hey, Had two snow showers this afternoon and has snowed on and off since about 9.00. Currently bucketing it down!

Posted

ooooh we just started another massive shower here and looking at the radar it should last a while

Posted

constant heavy showers here now. measured 1.8cm about 45 mins ago, imagine it's up to >2.5 now... what's great is that it has clung to the roads & pavements, which means it'll keep topping up through the night.

here in Watford we had 2 very heavy showers which lasted about 20 minutes each. The latter stopped about 10 minutes ago. These showers have left a covering on the road, roof and gardens of around 1cm or more.

Many light flurries in the day, brought no snow cover and despite the pavements being wet the snow has now frozen on the surfaces.

There's still 8 hours left till i wake up and i reckon we will see around 3/4cm so

2 inches. The radar shows consistent heavy bands of snow showers heading west right across the City :)

Posted

6 heavy snow showers today, including one as i speak. Woke to a covering of snow that rapidly melted away, but by 1.30pm we had 2cm again during a mini blizzard, some of the heaviest snow i have ever seen...this again melted by 4.00pm....we now have roughly 5cm of lying snow from very heavy snow showers, just took me 40mins to drive home from work, it normally takes me 10mins..

Couldn't be happier, snow flakes are huge now..........lol

Posted

Snowing very hard here in Billingshurst (west Sussex). A few showers through this evening but heavy snow for the last 25 mins. We have about 2-3 cms at present at only 30 als.

Posted

have had snow on and off all afternoon followed by a two hour long sustained period of snow (still going) with i guess around an inch or two lying. that's a very rough guess though...

Posted

Been lightly snowing for the past hour, with a dusting left-over from the earlier heavier snow showers. Deeper covering on hills.

Posted

right then, this will be my official snow league report for 21st feb...

persistent heavy showers through last 3.5 hours, plus earlier showers of snow pellets & snow around 1500-1800. we have a mean cover of 4cms

i'm one happy bunny :)

Edited by tasty_snacks

Posted

12:40am, Nr Burnham, SE Essex.

Light snow, very wet and small flakes. Settling on surfaces previously covered in hail but not concrete.

Temp about, not much less than 2c. Passes for a "dusting." :)

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Another light snow shower around midnight. Temp 1C. Still not settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had another lightish snow shower.

Looks good again upwind with that band across S.Essex heading towards N.Kent and S.E.London, hope it holds together.

Blow it this way Paul S.

Regards,

Tom.