Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports:- 28th February

Osbourne One-Nil

Posted

Deathstyler

Sorry to spoil your anticipation pal

its rain in Manchester and further north, temps are up to between 4 and 6C and the dewpoint is rising.

Posted

Light snow since lunchtime, recently became heavy with good sized flakes which started to settle. Very blustery in this bitter wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Been up into the North Pennines today. There was a lot of snow up there, it was piled up above the car at the sides of the road. I even managed to get stuck in a drift!

If you are thinking about heading up to the hills, be prepared because the conditions can change very quickly. If you are travelling over high routes make sure you take a spade and some food supplies as there is some severe drifting taking place which can easily and quickly engulf the roads.

Edited by Snow White

Posted

After several hours of odd flakes and flurries a proper heavy snow shower about 20 minutes ago of fat, thick flakes :p

Started to settle but has reverted to odd flakes again :lol:

Was generally unexpected!

Posted
Deathstyler

Sorry to spoil your anticipation pal

its rain in Manchester and further north, temps are up to between 4 and 6C and the dewpoint is rising.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greater Manchester has two inches currently, my brother works there and rang me to tell me about the snow :lol: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Damnit! There was a snow cover in Lancaster this morning according to the webcam- but it completely thawed between 8 and 9:30am, and I got up at 9:30, so didn't see anything...

This is reaching the stage where I think that if there was a 3 inch snow cover persisting for 3 days, it would only happen if it coincided with my having had a serious injury, having to spend those 3 days in hospital, and missing it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Recent wintry rain/sleet/snow mix, rather unexpected.

Posted
Greater Manchester has two inches currently, my brother works there and rang me to tell me about the snow :lol: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mmmm, have to admit I'm slightly sceptical, but then GMR does stretch up to the Pennines, so it might depend where, or perhaps he's in Manchester New Jersey, or else perhaps he just needs to check my handy hints for measuring snow. The MCR a/p history does show snow for four hours, but the radar suggests it was very light: can't see 0.2" rain from that. Certainly NO snow on the Bolton webcam!

Posted

Had three snowy flurries throughout today, and this morning there was clearly one overnight as there was about a 0.5cm covering on all surfaces when I woke up, looked very beautiful especially when accompanied by a harsh frost.

Posted

a light snow xhower @ 3:30pm, no settling, but very cold

another snow shower, just a few large flakes, nothing settling yet.

temp at mo is 1.8c and snow is getting heavier as i type - very windy too suddenly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

light snow for about an hour now. Slight covering on grass and mud. Some really big flakes now and then. Temp now 0c, was -9c last night - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Canal still frozen from last night and looks extra - specially picturesque with snow settling on it! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Been snowing here since 14:30, very light and patchy with the occasional heavier burst, nothing settling though :lol:

Posted

Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. Snowed mainly lightly but a few moderate bursts all morning till around 1.30 then a few passing flurries this afternoon.

On the higher ground to the west of Sheffield it left another cm on top of the current lying snow and a dusting elsewhere.

Nothing has settled at home and on other lower ground.

Posted

Snowing in Norwich. Its hard to believe that its snowed on ten consecutive days here, sometimes lying fairly thickly, then thawing, then lying again. At the moment there's a light shower blowing on a WSW wind - just as I'd got used to the wind in the East (Mary Poppins on her way?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

just started snowing here in winchester

Posted

Had a light covering of snow overnight approx 1cm, due to a weather front coming up against very cold air. Nearly stuck all day, but on my way home it was beginning to turn into a slushy mess. Although if temps fall tonight, the untreated roads could turn into skating rinks tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Few flakes in the wind here late morning.

A light flurry about half an hour ago.

This now makes 8 out of 9 days with snow falling here during this cold spell.

This is a quite remarkable total for S.E.London at the very end of Feb. in the modern day winter and is testament to the great synoptics of this current spell.

If only the prevailing wind was E/NE and not SW.

Although snowfall has been mainly light, some quite heavy snow fell during 2 Thames "streamer" events on Mon. night and Fri. morn. when winds went round to ENE, the optimum direction for decent snow here.

Regards,

Tom.