Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports:- 28th February

Osbourne One-Nil

Posted

After this winters record lows of -5c last night it stoill doesn't feel much warmer at 4c now.

just started to get snow flurries in the last 15 mins. Shouldn't think it will amount to much though.

Posted
A dusting on the cars/grass last night, still not had anything on the pavements or road this winter though, I think we have under-road heating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here, I even think someone has snuck it under the path in the back garden when we were asleep.

Awoke to a light dusting of snow on the cars this morning, and enough on the grass for the dog to leave pawprints, but at the moment, just waiting for the very heavy clouds to let go.

Posted

Been gently snowing since about 9 in Beautiful Sheffield. Turning heavier now and the skies are darkening (unless its my eyesight)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Moderate snow started 12.15 ish 8 miles east of Worcester. Large flakes and settling. Note we are very low lying so snow here is a very good sign for anyone else.

Posted
Fnowing here at the moment, most unexpected, not sticking though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fnow is always unexpected Jack <_<

I have to agree. This current band/trough is a pleasent surprise.

Posted

Hello again folks.

report from near Stourbridge West Midlands

Well the snow that was sticking to my car just after midnight last night didn't really come to much.

started snowing here shortly after midday. Has generally remained light although it did try to stick for a few minutes. Looks like we will getting flurries at least throughout the afternoon.

I'll come back later if it amounts to anything worth reporting.

Posted

Sorry - should have posted this earlier. 6" of lying snow here in Canterbury which added to the 1cm from yesterday. Now stopped falling and is thawing in places.

Guest Sir Seany

Was Fnowing for over an hour earlier, its stopped now. It started to stick and i got a dusting!!! One slight problem, all the Fnow has gone now!!! :p :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days
Snowing here at the moment, most unexpected, not sticking though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also snowing here now, not sticking here either.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

snowings! flurries is fallings from the norths! freeeeeezings! -4 last nights and still snow lyings from yesterdays

Posted
It's turned to Snow now  :lol: , quite heavy at times but still not sticking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jack,

:p Actually we've been having snizzle here today. Its snow, but at the pace of drizzle ;)

Posted

Preliminary Alert for Snow and Ice for all high ground in the United Kingdom

A depression will track south down the middle of the United Kingdom during Tuesday and into late Wednesday.

As it does so a large area of rain will be associated with it on most low ground. Coupled with a thaw this may pose some problems due to rising river levels where substantial snow has lain over the past few days.

Through this period, the rain will readily turn back to snow on high ground. At first above about 300 metres but by late Wednesday as low as 100 metres. Some heavy falls are expected. Scotland will be affected first then areas progressively south.

An update will be issued this evening.

UNABLE TO GET THE ABOVE ALERT INTO THE ALERT

my apologies

John Holmes

Forecast team

Posted

3 hours of constant light snow now stopped here, but the next band isn't far from me now. And reports are of very heavy snow for the band over cumbria and machester. :lol:

15:15 Radar: http://weatheronline.co.uk/daten/radar/uku...71bfe55&LANG=en

Posted

After watching best cartoons on channel 4 last night, went out for a fag and it started snowing, fine dry powder...... after a few gasses of wine it was 2am, went for another fag and wondered out into winterwonderland, 4inches n heavy heavy snow. Woke up this morning and 6-7inches of whitestuff. lovely n fluffy..... got to minus 6c here last night in faversham kent from my stevenson screen reading. it is now 1.4c and hasnt got above 2c all day. lots of powder out there at mo still, still 5-6inches...... what has melted is now freezing and icicles forming...... hope this stuff from the north gives us a bit more tonight......