Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 27th Dec 2005

Posted

Awoke this morning to around 4cm of snow, which meant the Car had to be cleared.

Drive to work at Manston Airport and the snow cover decreased significantly with little than a dusting at Manston.

A few showers during work but loads missed us passing through the Sandwich area or to the west.

Drove home through a moderate shower that lasted all the way home. Thankfuly roads fairly clear.

Still around 4cm on the ground currently.

Posted
Snowing very heavy here at this min

Woke up to nice covering of snow here in Hastings, E. Sussex this morning and it snowed very heavily most of the morning until about noon, by which time we had about 10cm of lying snow - even by the coast!

The news and weather people keep talking about Kent but seem to forget little East Sussex next door even though its just as bad here -if not worse than a lot of Kent!

Glad to get that off my chest and hopefully will have more to report tonight/tomorrow! :o

Posted

Lastest snow fall in rushden is 2.5 cm deep and still falling fast & heavy.Could be a significant amount by the morning if this keeps up ..... :o

regards

flumppost-3707-1135703405.jpg

Posted

Heavy snow shower in Buckingham started a few minutes ago. Temp is -1 and road already completely covered, despite being wet to start with.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There has been snow here in heswall today but I didn't see it as I was snow hunting in the east. Thicker snow around the Glossop/Hadfield area.

Posted

Snowed early and late today, lots of showers since mid afternoon, slight covering settling on everything. Temperature at 0.3oc at the mo. lots of heavy showers now finally pushing in from the coast. Very bad black ice now. took 30 mins to travel 1 mile. fresh snow ontop of wet roads.

Well I've been lurking on this forum for a while and all I can say is that if I did my job as well as a forecaster I'd be sacked. Westish Kent but not too far from Medway - about seven flakes and frosty today. Mother in Oxford - snow was lying on the ground earlier - see yesterdays forecast :o Best forecast - stick your head out of the window - which is why I like this forum :D

Posted

After about 2 hours of no snow (or maybe a little, and a thaw - I feel asleep), its just started snowing again. Within 5 minutes, the ground has a dusting...looks like the METO warning should be correct if this carries on.

Posted

Very heavy snow shower for 20 mins in Rotherham. Settled on everything after about 1min - 1cm accumulation with frost layer underneath. Temperature -0.2C. Cloud cover and radar suggest much more to come. Driving conditions treacherous and already seen one guy fly across a main road after skidding down a hill. drive carefully in this area tonight.

Edited by Africanprotea

Posted
starting to snow this is about the 10th snow shower we have seen today we have about 3-4cm of lying snow treacherous conditions for travelling here as well.

Second that, goes between heavy snow showers and light flurries out of partly broken cloud.