Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 10/06/06 To 13/06/06

Stuart

Posted

Thunder & lightning woke me up at about 5am this morning.....lots of strikes and cracking thunder and boy didn't it rain....!!!

Still feeling very muggy and sun going in and out as i write....hope we are in for some more night time displays...tc all

Carly x

Posted

:huh: -->

QUOTE(Tim B @ 12 Jun 2006, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just had heavy rain with thunder and lightning up here, strike alert is still beeping like crazy.

Will confirm that.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Set off from Home at 6:15 am and drove into storm around the Dudley area with very heavy rain and numerous CG. Continous heavy rain all down the M5 with patches of stormier weather and CG as far as Cheltenham area. Became clearer at approx 8am over the Cotswolds towards Swindon. From there on down the M4 corridor eastwards clear blue skies and baking heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Thunder and lightening followed by heavy rain this morning. Skies now quite grey in the distance again and I think I heard thunder but cannot be sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Now a very pleasant day but a thunderstorm passed over Yatton between 5 and 6 this morning with large hail and very heavy rain for a time.

Posted

thunder here, no lightning/rain yet

Posted

First storm at 06:20 - lasted till around 07:15 headed off North East - Second one just passed over at 1300 several CG's together with a Hailshower (i was by Cannock at the time) it headed North East and lasted till 13:50.

Posted

storm here, several flashes and cracks almost together, now just quite heavy rain, at 28mm/hr according to the auto stn

storm now cleared north with just 1.8mm of rain, max intensity 31.8mm/hr at 1420

see Net Wx radar for the storms on other thread.

isolated rumbles still going on to the north and west at the mo

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Torrential rain, loud thunder and lightning in Leeds- and it was bright sunshine just ten minutes ago!

Edit: that was at 3pm; now we have a second storm that is even bigger than the last one.

Edit2: Continuous thunder from 16:11 to 16:26. Thunder seems to be coming from all directions.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

Torrential rain - like sheets and high winds accompanied the thunderstorm in Tadcaster plenty of CG lightning and looks to be another storm on the way now - may be TWS's I guess

Posted

Just been outside and heard 2 rumbles not to far away. Still Sunny atm but there is very large dark cloud/cell to my south, still hugely stickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy rumble of thunder with a torrential downpour last night, hope you enjoy your storms!

Posted

Spectacular display here!

Heaviest rain I have seen for ages and about 1 strike every 30 secs - some close.

Lasted about 15 mins - now starting to recede - heading north by the sound of it.

This was the third 'storm' here today, but by far the worst (or best depending on how you look at it!)

Has been very hot & sticky here - slightly better now.

Edited by splidge

Posted
Big thunderstorm coming my way :unsure:

Yes, according to Meteorologica display, there seem to be 2 main streams of storms originating in the Midlands, one heading up the Trent valley, the other heading towards The Wash.

Still rumbling here quite frequently.

Posted

Had some short lived heavy rain this morning with distant rumbles of thunder over the peaks. since mid afternoon there have been distant rumbles all around with more very heavy but short lived downpours. Very humid.

Posted
Torrential rain, loud thunder and lightning in Leeds- and it was bright sunshine just ten minutes ago!

Edit: that was at 3pm; now we have a second storm that is even bigger than the last one.

Edit2: Continuous thunder from 16:11 to 16:26. Thunder seems to be coming from all directions.

And in Rothwell approx 3 miles away to the south east of Leeds we had a few rumbles of thunder very little lightening that i could see and some very heavy rain that didn't last that long.

Was in pudsey on the west side of leeds just before 3pm and caught the edge of storm 1. Some real good long deep rumbles of thunder and some cloud to ground lightening. stopped very quickly. On the journey back to rothwell there seemed to have been a lot of rain from Armley to approx junction 4 of the M621 (those of you that know leeds will know where i am on about). Rothwell was dry until about 4.15pm when we got some large drops of rain which did turn into a bouncing heavy shower (which the kitten found totally facinating :unsure: )

Miss all the good stuff here :D

Posted

It has turned very dark here after a sunny, humid morning. Wind is picking up. No sign of any thunder or rain just yet

Posted

Lovely cell over london and my area, very dark, intense lightning and thunder and the raindrops are absolutly massive :lol: