Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports Wednesday 26th July 2006 Onwards

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks like a storm is headed for the Isle of Wight and Hampshire in the next few hours, also other areas of S'ern and central England could see a few storms pushing North early Weds morning, and further North by lunchtime.

Post your storm reports here.

Posted

It's arrived: but at the moment we're on the edge of it. Some light rain, distant flashes and thunder.

Quite a lot of activity building up W. of Portsmouth; Gosport? About 4-5 miles away & heading NE. Bright flashes, extended rolls of thunder.

Posted

1:00am and the storm is finally getting going after one hour of distant flashes and rumbles of thunder. heavy rain just starting.

Posted

Got a (what id call) a very gracefull storm here at mo. Lightning every min -2mins so not very active, but its very quite with the rain and odd thunder.

Hence the word very gracefull at mo :)

Hoping its gonna change very soon and drop a thunderbolt and wake the whole neighbourhood up :whistling:

Posted

Just been woken up by my lad to say there is a storm (good lad eh? ) and got up to see pink and purple fork lightning streak across the sky. Clouds are a nice pink colour to the north. lots of lightening with odd bits of thunder, but as I typed that just had a HUGE flash and crack of thunder :whistling: first real chance of to test the strikealert :) but not sure if I can get any shots as my tripod is at FIL :)

Heavy rain now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Storm here for an hour or so after 4am...Blue-white lightning here, Lou. :whistling:

Posted

heavy rain and thunder woke me up about 45 mins go then realised id left my car windows open and washing on the line! :whistling:

Edited by tornadica

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Woken up by a very lazy storm at 4.30am this morning. Long low drawn out rumbles of thunder and a few flashes of lightning. A look outside revealed very misty murky conditions and signs of some rainfall. Storm grumbled on until I fell back to sleep around 5am. No idea what time it started but fairly sure it was fading out at 5.

Currently bright but fairly cloudy.

Posted

Half hearted storm this morning at about 1.45am. Reasonable lightning but at long intervals and long deep thunder but on the quite side !

Posted
heavy rain and thunder woke me up about 45 mins go then realised id left my car windows open and washing on the line! :whistling:

welcome to Net Wx, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

One thing, for the rest of the forum to enjoy your posts about the weather you need to put your town in your avatar please?

many thanks

John

Posted

Hi,

Just had heavy rainshower here in Cleethorpes.........it's now crossed the coast and heading out to sea but there aresome rumbles of thunder coming from that direction now.......storm developing perhaps?

Nothing on Lightning Detector though.

Rgds

Posted

Unbelievable Thunder Storm and Lightning show in Inverurie...flash after flash after flash...looking good for something severe here later on...clouds are towering to massive heights :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

we had a heavy downpour and one loud rumble of thunder at 09.00...but that was it!...hot and sunny now.

Posted

Had several rumbles this morning about 3 am with distant flashes to the west, some heavy rain and a close strike and bang. I'm happier now

Posted

And another storm...looks bad this time...it seems to be storm after storm, yippee :D

Posted
Just been woken up by my lad to say there is a storm (good lad eh? ) and got up to see pink and purple fork lightning streak across the sky. Clouds are a nice pink colour to the north. lots of lightening with odd bits of thunder, but as I typed that just had a HUGE flash and crack of thunder :D first real chance of to test the strikealert :) but not sure if I can get any shots as my tripod is at FIL :)

Heavy rain now

Yes, that storm woke me up bang on 5am - nice! It rumbled around for quite some time didn't it? Lots of lighning with that storm.

Judging by the puddles this morning, quite a bit of rain too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
great storm here through the night.

amazing lightening.

very heavy rain..

Hi Kelly, the second storm group at 330ish was better than the first for lightning i think. I was awoken by it at 330ish, lots more rumbling than the group in the evening.

Have put 2 shots in photography.

Russ

Posted

this is the result of a storm that hit here last night about 12.30am the thunder shook the whole house and this happened about half a mile away

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/5215822.stm

I'm hoping we don't have any more storms as we're driving to Gatwick this evening and flying tomorrow - dont fancy it much in this sort of weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Recent storm here - incredible lightning - came out of nowhere - torrential rain and almighty cracks of thunder. Lasted about 15 minutes - garden flooded - again ................ Skies look like another on the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

just had another moderate storm here in E.lincs. seems to be developing as it moves away N.E towards grimsby area. plenty of thunder still being heard.