Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports Wednesday 26th July 2006 Onwards

Nick F

Posted

Intense and regular lightning around 10 - 15 miles from here over worksop area. Flashes around every 5 - 10 seconds and distant rumbles. CG lightning looking very impressive from this distance.

Posted

no thunder or rain at mo but fairly distant but bright lightning woke me up about 10 mins ago, east and ne of here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Some bright flashes lighing up the sky to the south. Still probably about 10 miles away I reckon, so I'll stay up and see what I can catch on camera...

Had a Thunderstorm at 2.30am this morning, i've never seen so much lighning it must have been at least 6-8 times a minute at one point, very heavy rain also. No idea what time it finished as i fell asleep while it was still going strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Woke up around 1.30 a.m to almost continuous distant thunder and frequent c/c lightning somewhere a long way to the south east, I'd estimate north Leicestershire or south Notts. It continued for at least an hour, gradually moving north, before sleep took over and I lost contact.

T.M

Posted

I got woken up by a fairly weak storm, 15 minutes ago. It's now either died completely or moved off.

Posted

Great thunder and lighning show which kept me awake from 3:15am to 5am. The lightning was sooooo bright it lit up the whole nights sky.

gobby

Posted

3rd hand report of a localised storm near Kenilworth, Warwickshire at around 0840 this morning.

Posted

Having gone to sleep content that all the action was East of Salisbury Plain it was pleasing to be woken by thunder just after midnight. Saw a few sheet lightning flashes and heard some low rumbles to the NNE until around 00.30. No rain here, although scanning the NW radar there were a few sharp cells very nearby.

This morning's sky was beautiful with rolling AltCas interspersed with blue sky and a CB visible to the North around 07.00. Seems to have been a storm about 30 miles away according to the Wetterzentrale strike archive.

Posted

post-4659-1153993841.jpgHi,

Just thought you might be interested in the quite violent storm we had here yesterday. My nearest town is March, North Cambs. The wind became near gale force for a while, the rain flooded from gutters like a waterfall and hails stones the size of large marbles. The thunder and lightening knocked out the power three times and I was forced to turn off my beloved computer for a while! I don't live near anything, there are only a few houses near me so I was wondering if it was just localised and I was lucky enough to be right in the firing line. My daughter works in Peterborough and only got a small shower. The hail stones were scary (I wasn't really scared!) as they were so loud on the conservatory roof which at one point, I thought may have shattered.

I am posting a picture I have taken of the hail stones but they were bigger than this, I had to wait for the hail/rain to stop before I could go out and hurdle some together and they had melted a bit. They were pure white when they were falling.

I hope I am doing the picture correctly, I am not sure how to do it. If it is wrong perhaps someone could talk me through the best way of doing it.

Regards

Chris

Posted

Big rumble of thunder a minute ago, but no rain as yet. Feels like a sauna outside. The atmosphere is so close

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Big rumble of thunder a minute ago, but no rain as yet. Feels like a sauna outside. The atmosphere is so close

Yes storm just West of here, thundering quite frequently, seen some lightening too. Skies are changing, certainly looking more stormy here!

Posted

Had a fantastic storm last night, Loads of CG lightning and loud thunder, I went out at about midnight and went on a mini chase followed the storm for ten miles and got some great video clips of close strikes and also a couple of pictures, will post them up soon. Also the area I was chasing through (Flore in Northants) Took and very close hit and knocked all the power out, plenty of localised flooding due to torrential rain. Probably some of the best night time lightning I've ever witness. Hopefully more today.

Posted

Storm moving in from the SW here although its more generally developing in situ, plenty of rumbles, not much lightning. Seen the odd fork.