Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports - 16th November onwards

Damone

Posted

Never started one of these, but felt it necessary as we've just had a very long rumble of thunder. Saw no lightning flash and even my tv maintained a good signal through it (very rare for down here!). I think that was probably it, and it hasn't made any more noises within the last 5-10 minutes.

Very unexpected though! Took me by surprise :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

2 claps of thunder 2 hours ago.

Strikes noted in Channel on different radars :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had a great thunderstorm last night, bright flashes of lightning and incredible thunder. There were gales and very heavy rain accompanying this storm too. A nice show for so late in the year.

Posted

great little storm late last night - several bright flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder, with hail and heavy rain! wonderful suprise, but i had seen the sfloc in the channel earlier.....

Posted

thunder and lightning here in falmouth over night

not too much thunder, but a lot of lightning, from about 9.30pm ish - 3am, the lightning so strong it knocked our tv signal off completley.

loads of heavy rain with strong winds.

Posted

:blink: I was awoken at 07.48 by a big rumble of thunder, rain was 'lashing' against the window too.Had some more rumbles not long after.Don't normally get much of this in November. :blink:

Posted

Woken up at 3am by lightening and almost instant thunder :blink: Really loud

It carried on for another hour or so, with some incredibly strong winds and heavy rain. Lots of tree damage this morning around Exeter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a thunderstorm at 4am this morning with very heavy rain and thunder, not much lightning but 2 very bright flashes. Currently having a severe hailstorm causing white roads, huge puddles, strong squally winds and have heard thunder banging away to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

Hi All

Three or four flashes of lightning with thunder some way away at 3am this morning here in the Isle of Man, accompanied by heavy rain (?hail at the beginning heck of a sound against our sky lights), wind picked up too. lightning affected the reception of the bedroom radio tuned to the local radio station (Manx Radio).

Driving the 12 miles to work today was interesting with many large floods across both carriageways of the main roads to douglas. frustratingly slow traffic travelling at 20 miles an hour!! as if we've never seen localised flooding!!

lots of interesting weather around, severe gales forecast for Sunday, last of the leaves will fall i guess, doesn't help the drainage. :rolleyes:

stay safe ><>

Posted

looking towards the lake district from morecambe promanade earlier this evening i noted 3 or 4 flashes of lightning, but a few minutes ago over lancaster we had several more, this time with hail and thunder.

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

A very WILD night ahead of us, currently heavy rain and Storm force 10 (gusts now to 68 mph) Southerly

with a severe weather warning for violent storm force 11 tonight. (time to move the dustbins inside)

pressure now 986 and dropping like a stone

Temp 7 C

Posted
A very WILD night ahead of us, currently heavy rain and Storm force 10 (gusts now to 68 mph) Southerly

with a severe weather warning for violent storm force 11 tonight. (time to move the dustbins inside)

pressure now 986 and dropping like a stone

Temp 7 C

hope you all stay safe up there with as little damage as possible.

Posted

Pressure still falling, now down to 976.

Wind has dropped back to 50 to 60 mph as the centre of this very intense Low gets nearer to us.

Expecting a rapid rise in wind speed as it veers round to Westerly in the early hours.

At least the rain has eased off.

Posted

I note that the weather report from the Tea Room up in the Hebrides gives a recent gust of 99mph and a sustained wind max of 82mph. I suspect they're in genuine hurricane territory.

http://www.gm7pbb.co.uk/

Posted

I've just had a gust of 50mph which is the 2nd highest I've recorded this year. Perhaps more impressively is the 10min average wind speed which is standing at 28mph.

Hideous out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wind has really picked up here now, getting gusts occassionally over 60mph, just expecting to hear the crack of branches snapping eveytime it happens.

Posted
I note that the weather report from the Tea Room up in the Hebrides gives a recent gust of 99mph and a sustained wind max of 82mph. I suspect they're in genuine hurricane territory.

http://www.gm7pbb.co.uk/

I suspect you're right!

As an aside, one is flattered your goodself posted the above link..it's great to see you promoting amateur radio at the same time as hurricane condx 'up north...i'm honestly chuffed at this ;)

I almost feel humbled that Stratos and Mondy are collaborating ;);)

Guest Viking141

Winds currently Force 7 in Lerwick gusting Severe Gale Force 9 (42 kts). Windier up in the more exposed north of the islands. Latest readings from Unst steady Severe Gale Force 9 gusting Storm Force 10 (54 kts)

Pressure in Lerwick now 989mb, 987 in Unst.

Edited by Viking141

Posted
I suspect you're right!

As an aside, one is flattered your goodself posted the above link..it's great to see you promoting amateur radio at the same time as hurricane condx 'up north...i'm honestly chuffed at this ;)

I almost feel humbled that Stratos and Mondy are collaborating ;);)

Luckily I saw it gusting to 99.98 aswell. (Not really sure what my prob was earlier with posting).

Well windy here at the moment which is really saying something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

Hi all, stay safe in this storm. Registered max (?gust) 55 mph in douglas at my mum's between 5pm and 7pm as father reset the windometer following them returning from lanzarote. Meto obs site showing gusts of 64kts at 7pm as we were driving to resturant this evening. wild night driving rain and lots of tree debrie on the roads and standing water. my peugoet would hardly go along in a head wind actually had my foot flat on the acclerator and was losing power!!!

will try to report max wind speed reached tomorrow if dad lets me know.

take care ><>