Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

The way i see it is: Its allmoving north slowly iwth a westerly rotation to it.

Its dying out RAPIDLY as it moves noth , Thus PPN isnt moving.

Any PPN heading for midlands is now heading for wales / irelend.

Next to NO ppn heading midland way now.. I would expect london to have clear skies later

Posted

I haven't seen the BBC forecast yet but my fear of a couple of days ago seems to be right by what I have read. I know myself & SM suggested this could be further S and my prediction at the time was 60miles further S. I shall watch and wait to see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Some progress North East again albeit slowly.

http://www.meteo24.com/uk/index.php?go=4&geoItem=uk_rad

PPN close to South Coast now right along towards Sussex/Kent.

Posted
The gritters have been out in SE london temperture 1.1c

cloudy

about to see the updated weather foecast missed last one

hopely snow still on track for london

Temps are falling now as expected in the SE right now. Yes, the gritters are going flat out tonight preparing for the heavy snow.

Posted

god who are these idiots on bbc news 24 'world business report' interestinggggggggg just get on with the weather you fools

Posted

Well having recovered from that dire england performance! I come on here to see all hell breaking loose! the latest radio 4 weather certainly doesnt seem like a downgrade although it does look like the main fireworks look reserved for areas slightly further south, he did emphasise the heaviness of the snow and that this would cause transport problems, strangely he said any rain or sleet in wales should turn to snow and also that some snow would get further north during tomorrow,the place he said would be unlikely to see snow away from the sw would be immediate southern coastal areas because of the likely on shore wind.

Complex is being kind to the current set up, I'm not expecting anything major down here 12 miles from the coast with some elevation still looking marginal but I thought I'd stay awake till the main band arrives and see what occurs, I'll report back then as this will be a decent guide for places further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just checked the lamp post and it's definately snowing here. Forecast was for rain turning to snow in the early hours or possibly sleet but thankfully no sign of either, just bona fida snow - not big wet, slushy stuff either. Hooray!

Posted
I have been watching the radar for the last 2 hours. It does seen to be stalling and worst still, breaking up, around the Hereford area.

No real sign of any northern movement

No snow about 15 miles north of hereford yet........ Will keep everyone updated though!!

Posted
I'm going to get snow.

I have decided. :)

I am going to ignore all the doom mongerers and await my white blanket :)

Good idea, itsall going according to plan, it was forecast to relly get a move on an trun to snow on the news around 3/4 ambefore that dont expect much snow away from S wales.

Calm down peeps Calm down, ive ordered a few inches for all of you from whoever runs this show :)

(even though he hates me and throws thunderbolts down from above at me :) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm actually getting quite tired of people in the west midlands suggesting that the band wont reach them or that its dying out already. I am even further north than you guys in the west midlands and im still very confident of the snow reaching me and even more north of me in say Nottingham and south yorkshire, so if I can be confident of it then why cant you guys? I'm going bed soon anyway then waking up at around 5am because I really can't be bothered to read another 4 hours worth of...

"its all over"

"its dying out, I told you so"

"its a let-down, its a downgrade"

You can start to say that tomorrow night if it never happened, but for now just try and stop being so silly about it.

Posted
The way i see it is: Its allmoving north slowly iwth a westerly rotation to it.

Its dying out RAPIDLY as it moves noth , Thus PPN isnt moving.

Any PPN heading for midlands is now heading for wales / irelend.

Next to NO ppn heading midland way now.. I would expect london to have clear skies later

totally agree

Posted
Fek all in glos..

Dont expect any either,.

Havent had snow in ohh lets say 5 years.. So why start now?

Checking radars it just seems to be dying out as it oves up!

Band heading North but fading out quickly then moving west!

Calm down mate. :unknw:

Posted

right i am off too bed gunna wake up in morning and see wats happened. night all

take care, and good luck!!!

dont be negative!!!!

I think the best things u can do is to just go to bed like me wake up in morning and hope for the best, either way one thing is going to happen. any staying on here all night will not change it!!!

night

Posted

RE: The warming ahead of the Atlantic airmass -

When warm air meets cold air it will act like air hitting a stone. It will try to undercut the denser, colder air, fail and then take the high road.

So you would expect there to be a warming ahead of the airmass as the warm air tries to undercut the cold.

But!

Once it starts to snow the temperature will fall as the cold dense air that remains in the middle is pushed down to ground level by falling snow.

Although I still believe this is a midday washout for the south I'm more optimistic after reading today's charts the SE will get lying snow in the morning. Dangerous driving conditions for sure.

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
god who are these idiots on bbc news 24 'world business report' interestinggggggggg just get on with the weather you fools

Ha. trouble is we are getting close to the recorded loop of forecast. don't know about other 24 hour news channels but bbc have no live forecasts overnight. even when we had the very bad storm last month you would have thoght there would be a "live" presenter. but no :unknw::unknw:

Posted

TETIS i live about 25 minutes drive west of you, if the latest beeb forecast is true we will see little if any snow.

It looks as though it is not just further south as you had earlier feared, but with precipitation losing intensity much faster than previously thought.

Southern england will still get snow (though not nearly as much as some predicted). Midlands may well get very little if any.

:unknw:

Edited by boro_dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

This is a bloody joke.

Yano what.. Im all for global warming! Im fed up with this uk bullonions! everyyear, Storms turn to nothing more than a shower and this turns to nothing more than . erm.. nothing...

Grrrrr

Posted
I'm actually getting quite tired of people in the west midlands suggesting that the band wont reach them or that its dying out already. I am even further north than you guys in the west midlands and im still very confident of the snow reaching me and even more north of me in say Nottingham and south yorkshire, so if I can be confident of it then why cant you guys? I'm going bed soon anyway then waking up at around 5am because I really can't be bothered to read another 4 hours worth of...

"its all over"

"its dying out, I told you so"

"its a let-down, its a downgrade"

You can start to say that tomorrow night if it never happened, but for now just try and stop being so silly about it.

I love your positive attitude mate. It's what is needed more in these forums, and you proved that to me yesterday when I started moaning too much.

I am confident that a healthy dose of people in southern central england and the west\east midlands will see some snow out of this.

Posted
I haven't seen the BBC forecast yet but my fear of a couple of days ago seems to be right by what I have read. I know myself & SM suggested this could be further S and my prediction at the time was 60miles further S. I shall watch and wait to see what happens.

Remember u and steveM sayin everythin shifted far to North. Looks like a good call :unknw:

Posted

Its hard to call Stephen, it still seems to be tilting and is not WNW-ESE, th GFS did prog this but I do think its tilting faster thenthe GFS thought it would which may make a difference and may mean that it'll spend more time in the south then first expected. I think the ideas the models have are right but I still think they are too fast in digging in that front.

Atlantic flamethrower, yeah your right, the beeb animation for tonight shows exactly waht you describe and I also agree with Andy, the vent is like 2 hours old, plent yof time for things to change!

going to lock this thread.

Edited by kold weather