Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted
Temps are falling now as expected in the SE right now. Yes, the gritters are going flat out tonight preparing for the heavy snow.

Where do you get the idea temps are falling? According to weatheronline they are rising across the south.

Heavy rain here now. Very squally.

Anyone else getting grief off the wife yet!? My second child is coming on Friday!!!!!!!!! (Elective section!)

Still enjoying wine!. Started snowing - lampost light stuff but definitely - hang on let me rub my eyes --------- yes definitely snowing in Pontprennau, Cardiff. Altitude 90M and temp 1.9 - time to get the sled out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh look....

Latest radar image and the precip has pepped up quite considerably in half an hour and now starting to move north east wards quicker. Well well who's talking of it dying out now then?

Posted

Finally for the southern folk (my sort of lattitude at least).

The temp has dropped to 1.7, and the dewpoint to -0.1. The snow is now coming down in moderate amounts being driven in the breeze/wind, and it's now starting to stick. My car is currently getting a dusting, and the pavement/road outside my house looks to have developed enough slush to allow the snow to start sticking there soon too.

If it does stick, I'll report it at snow reports, but here I just thought you guys might like to know that it's started - at near enough 1.am on the dot.

Oddly enough, Meto warned of a risk of disruption from heavy snow at 1am onwards for this area.

Posted
This is a bloody joke.

Yano what.. Im all for global warming! Im fed up with this uk bullonions! everyyear, Storms turn to nothing more than a shower and this turns to nothing more than . erm.. nothing...

Grrr

Excuse me but your constant whinging is adding nothing to this discussion. If you have decided that this is a total wash out why don't you just go to bed and let the rest of us enjoy it?

Posted
For all those concerned with rising temperatures, do not be concerned, this is a combination of two factors...

1) Wind is increasing

2) Cloud cover is increasing

Well noted! In Bristol, their temps were rising at one point, but guess what, it's snowing there right now!! :unknw:

Posted
The way i see it is: Its allmoving north slowly iwth a westerly rotation to it.

Its dying out RAPIDLY as it moves noth , Thus PPN isnt moving.

Any PPN heading for midlands is now heading for wales / irelend.

Next to NO ppn heading midland way now.. I would expect london to have clear skies later

No you don't understand! The easterly winds are not just blowing the front away to the west. They just create that effect on the radar. Trust me the eastern extent is not rapidly dying out. Its just a kind of rotational process.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Positive attitudes are great.. but yet ims till see any of it making a difference :unknw:

Grrrr

Altho! that geezer above mentioned the interesting point of airmass-interception whitch personally i thought had already happened...so . My confidence has rizzen slightly.. However not much.

Posted

If anyone mentions the phrase 'let down' on here until 12am tomorrow ill.... do something nasty :unknw:

frosts on car roofs only at the mo suggesting temp is just below 0C, unlike last night when we had frosts everywhere which managed to stay all day in shady spots.

Weve got cloudcover keeping temps up however people near me are reporting dropping temps, dps's and presuures so a good sign.

I dont even care what happens now, i know that when i finally move somewhere cold my debt will be repaid! :unknw:

Posted

Im sory stop it people.... enjoy what ye get.... its british winter, half the fun is model watching.... if i get nothing here tomorrow, its even larger teapot and ive really enjoyed watchin these mad models..... if i get something its a bonus, but ramp as i must...... snow........... yeah...... im up at 6am so i wil be informing later on today..... nighty night people enjoy and good luck.....

Posted
If anyone mentions the phrase 'let down' on here until 12am tomorrow ill.... do something nasty :unknw:

frosts on car roofs only at the mo suggesting temp is just below 0C, unlike last night when we had frosts everywhere which managed to stay all day in shady spots.

Weve got cloudcover keeping temps up however people near me are reporting dropping temps, dps's and presuures so a good sign.

I dont even care what happens now, i know that when i finally move somewhere cold my debt will be repaid! :unknw:

You won't hear it from me! I've seen some snowflakes and I'm happy. If it lies on the ground for a while it'll be a bonus! :D

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Temperature here is falling as expected. Where do you get your 'Everywhere' from?

I find that hard to believe. I'm not very far away from Croydon (Wandsworth), and I've been watching the thermometer like a hawk all evening. It dropped like a stone after dark to a min of -0.9, then began to rise as the first veils of high cloud came over. After that it alternated for several hours from about zero to +1 according to the cloud amount. For the last couple of hours, as the cloud has thickened, it has risen steadily. It's currently +1.8 and still rising.

Posted
Finally for the southern folk (my sort of lattitude at least).

The temp has dropped to 1.7, and the dewpoint to -0.1. The snow is now coming down in moderate amounts being driven in the breeze/wind, and it's now starting to stick. My car is currently getting a dusting, and the pavement/road outside my house looks to have developed enough slush to allow the snow to start sticking there soon too.

If it does stick, I'll report it at snow reports, but here I just thought you guys might like to know that it's started - at near enough 1.am on the dot.

Oddly enough, Meto warned of a risk of disruption from heavy snow at 1am onwards for this area.

HOPEFULLY, people will listen to this and talk less of the "its not coming"!! Snowing in bridgend, cardiff, Heading towards us in........... the west midlands and then further north!!