Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 9

shuggee

Posted
Not a chance. Just look at the latest charts.

Also, I'm sceptical of some of the reports here about 15cm of lying snow. I hope people here no the difference between 'drifts' and actual representative snow-depth (e.g. I had 1 foot drifts in my football fields on December 2005....but 10cm lying generally).

That seems a very patronising post hehe

Believe me i know the difference between drifts and LEVEL snow

We had very little drifting here to speak of, unless the large fields were just full of one huge drift

Regards

Kris

Posted

Hi Steve what are your views on Saturday!

Brian.

Good for the Borders & possibly areas to the SE of that..... you are on the divide....

S

Thanks Steve, I'll pray for an upgrade.

Brian :rolleyes:

Posted
That seems a very patronising post hehe

Believe me i know the difference between drifts and LEVEL snow

We had very little drifting here to speak of, unless the large fields were just full of one huge drift

Regards

Kris

You can have pretty large-scale drifts in certain fields particularly exposed to the wind-direction or if they are slightly elevated.

Posted

Very light snow here, going by the radar should be a lul before another hours worth before its all over

definate band of precip oxford to manchester

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

Still snowing here, back to moderate snow beggining to ease off

Anyone in northeast Scotland reporting snow? The showers in Aberdeenshire and the Highlands look quite meaty.

Edited by Hywel

Posted
Very light snow here, going by the radar should be a lul before another hours worth before its all over

definate band of precip oxford to manchester

Ive had that very light snow pretty much all day!! Little flakes fluttering from the sky........

Had about 7-8cm in Herefordshire, probably not as much as others locally, but im very happy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still snowing here.

Are we expected more for here today?

Posted

Well I don't quite believe it! After a disappointing morning, went on the school run and it started snowing again, albeit lightly. It's not stopped now since 3pm and we have around a cm on the ground and it's not stopping, which is nice! They're not big flakes but there sure is lots of 'em. :rolleyes:

There's even enough to hear that crunching sound when you walk.... ahhhhh lurvely, lol! I'm easily pleased.....!

Edited to add: temp was up to 2c but dropped back to 0c when the snow came.

Edited by Louise

Posted
Well I don't quite believe it! After a disappointing morning, went on the school run and it started snowing again, albeit lightly. It's not stopped now since 3pm and we have around a cm on the ground and it's not stopping, which is nice! They're not big flakes but there sure is lots of 'em. :D

There's even enough to hear that crunching sound when you walk.... ahhhhh lurvely, lol! I'm easily pleased.....!

Edited to add: temp was up to 2c but dropped back to 0c when the snow came.

When i took the dog out earlier, i actually recorded that sound on my phone!!! To remind me what it sounds like when we have all our "modern winters" :rolleyes:

Posted
The snow is still coming and i am starting to get slightly bigger flakes

Great stuff it seems it dosen't want to give in so easily in some places does it :rolleyes:

Posted
We have 7 - 8cms lying snow atm and counting, i think saturday will bring about 5cms before turning to rain here

Yep, been a wonderful day here has'nt it. Pretty much non stop snow since 5.00am this morning. Most of the snow depth came from the heavier stuff this morning and although we have had snow all day it has'nt added a great deal to the depth of snow. Goin be a cold one tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

do i have any more snow coming today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
GFS 12Z is certainly a downgrade for Saturday for the Midlands, but I don't think it's really any different to the 06Z for Scotland or northern England- the main differences are later in the run, as northern blocking holds more firm.

TWS, looking at temps over the weekend, even after the first band on Saturday morning, there is the possibilty, (for higher ground at least), of a snow to rain event on Sunday morning, and possibly more snow again Sunday night into Monday morning ? (or is that pushing it a bit ?)

Posted

Light to moderate snow again here in Coalville. After a slight thaw the temeprature is falling back towards freezing (max'd at +0.7ºC, now +0.2ºC). Looking quite tasty to the SW of here atm... :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Just started to snow lightly in Milton Keynes again :rolleyes: Looks like a block of precipitation developing to my west towards oxfordshire and the A34 / M4 corridor :D

Hi Steve

Apologies if you have already been asked....

What`s your take on the press release from Met Office today with little current model support?

Further wintry weather expected

Snow has fallen across many southern areas of the UK today and now things are slowly improving as the weather front begins to lose its strength. As things return to normal, Met Office forecasters' attention is turning to the possibility of further wintry weather over coming days.

Tonight and at first tomorrow (Friday), ice and fog could well be a problem for some areas, giving some tricky driving conditions. There is also a risk of some further snowfall over parts of Wales and north-west England during the day.

Through the weekend and early next week, there is a risk that weather systems could bring more wintry conditions with snow and ice to some parts. At this stage, the detail of these is not clear-cut and it is advisable to check the latest forecasts and travel conditions over coming days. The best weather advice and warnings can be found on the Met Office web site.

Transport networks are key aspects of the country’s infrastructure and the Met Office works with other major organisations in helping to keep the UK moving

Just read it-

the modelling looks good for snow for the NE & the borders but not at this stage furtehr south- they are getting fairly persistent with this now & a backtrack is less liekly than the last few days.......

S

Posted

Gone to light snow here but the direction which the snow is coming from looks bad. Heavy snow?

Do i have anymore snow coming today?

Edited by Blizzards