Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 9

shuggee

Posted

few more pics got 12cm level here now! and still snowing quite heavily! :yahoo:

post-6161-1170947570_thumb.jpg

post-6161-1170947603_thumb.jpg

post-6161-1170947652_thumb.jpg

Posted

All we have had is some white rain that didn't stick, didn't last long and is now starting to dry up a bit. This event went north too quickly for us and not far enough east. What a difference a few miles makes!

Can anyone suggest a suitable snow dance? What do I wear?

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Fine drizzle here now. Still got a good covering of snow though. Hoping we'll get more as temps drop this evening.

Posted
few more pics got 12cm level here now! and still snowing quite heavily! :D

those pics look much more like 5-8cms at most similar to here :yahoo:

Posted
those pics look much more like 5-8cms at most similar to here :yahoo:

sorry there from earlier weve got around 10cm now in untouched place and id say 12-18cm were its drifted up the wall :D

Posted
That little spell of snow has finished here now, and has left behind a wet landscape.

Nice piccys everyone. Good to see children and pets enjoying this wintry period :D

And don't forget to mention the big chidren! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Well after finally heading off to bed @ 9am and getting a few hrs sleep. I've awoken to a winter wonderland, was told it didn't stop snowing here until nearly 2pm, got easily 5 inches of lying snow and very little melt. Only problem is the wind has driven the powdery snow into my sky dish and now i got no TV :yahoo:

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Well this mornings covering here in the North East , didnt last long , melted by about dinner time . However looking at the radar and the news reports , it supposed to be heading this way , However , ive just had a quick look at the 5 min radar , and it looks like its heading NW , The front is just to the South of me , personally i have got a funny feeling that this is going to be a none event again .[ but still we had a little bit f snow so i cannot complain really]

nigel

nearlly forgot , i had a delivery at one of the council yards here in the North East , and there must have been about a dozen gritters , full to the brim , on standby ,

Posted
:yahoo: I think those pictures are really cute.

It's beautiful to see the children enjoying themselves, rather special precious moments

IMO.

My dogs would get lost in all that snow as they are two little white JackRussell/Border

Terriers :D

Brian.

Yes it is a day to remember even my 14 yr old commented that she hasnt seen snow this deep and lasting this morning , as far as she can remember she said anyways but she said she will remember today for a long time, i said yes you better as what we are doing to the planet at the mo you may not see it like that again for another 14 yrs.

i tried to stay on my feet also this morning i had my 2 german shpherds with me 1 of which is a 14wk old puppy and 5 of my 6 kids. I will treasure today as all my kids and even my new puppy got to see some great snow today and we definetly have made the most of it . my daughter is gonna kill me for doing this but ho hum , i told her she didnt need anymake up on as it was not worth it as it would come off in the snow and smudge , well you know wot 14yr olds are like no we had to put some eyeliner and mascara on and ho hum look at the results .

post-4898-1170948445_thumb.jpg

post-4898-1170948515_thumb.jpg

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Posted
Is there any chance of further snow in the Reigate area tonight? My impression was not, but some lesser sites are still showing snow tonight and I am having a job convincing a work mate that it wont happen. What is expected to happen to the low? Thanks!

I don't think there will be - how much did Reigate end up with - there was a couple of inches this morning before I left for work.

We have drizzle in marylebone now...

Posted

snowing heavily down here but we have only probably got an inch of snow on the ground.

Even with an inch of snow we had a great time at college. Mass snowball fights even the teachers got snowballed :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

wasnt expecting this as i thought weve had our snow but we now have 10cm and moderate snow is falling which could go heavy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
wasnt expecting this as i thought weve had our snow but we now have 10cm and moderate snow is falling which could go heavy!

You were right about this snow lasting to 3 pm and onwards :yahoo:

Posted

Ok, i'm starting to become very surprised. Crewe got a bit this morning, just under 2cms, and as the temps came up over freezing point, so it slowly began to melt. At about 2:30pm it started to cloud over yet again. I was pretty certain we were done, but no... That blob that was around north east wales, around the Wrexham-Chester-A55 direction pivoted back and is now dropping on Crewe. Stunning.

It's not adding anything, it's light to moderate, and falling on already pretty soggy and slushy ground, but it's quite amazing the loop that this shower has gone through to get here on the pivot (if you track it back through the 30 min radar images).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Supercell have you got snow at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Supercell have you got snow at the moment?

Yes, see my pic above. Post number 277. Snowing very lightly, but this has lasted 10 hours !!

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Awesome pic there so well done on that! The snow hasnt given up here today!

Posted

We had settling snow for about an hour and half this morning in Southampton from 3.30am till 5am. But then it turned to rain and melted, so I decided to jump in the car and go into the office in Hungerford, Berkshire instead of working from home. It was a lovely drive in heavy snow and so little traffic it was great. There was between 10 and 15cm on the ground, and with a view like this from my desk, the drive was worth it!

74122227.jpg

And this was on the way home at 12.15pm:

74122228.jpg

What a great day!

Steve