Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Nothing here. Just cold and grey with lying snow slowly thawing. :(

Posted

looking at the pressure chart for right now using the netweather radar seems as though most areas will be having the wind from an easterly direction which hopefully should maintain the 850s to remail low enough for sometime.

Posted

Is it worse further west?(as in more snow!) I'm off to Oswestry tomorrow so would be nice to see some-we have it here at present but not hard enough to top up what we had yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
according to latest bbc forecast looks mostly rain and sleet east of birmingham, but very heavy snow over west country, most of wales and west mids 5-10cm has already fallen in some parts of wales could get a lot more yet

Oh great! Not! :( Better not be rain and sleet here, might just go mad if west of brum gets 5-10cm and 40 miles east I get rain and sleet.

Posted

Snow in Milton Keynes, heavy but little flakes, been snowing for about 30 minutes now.

Posted

Well if its snowing in Milton Keynes and Reading then surely I should get snow when it comes here? The 850's are still around -5 in Leicester whereas down south they are around -3 so I'm hoping it will help me.

Posted

flakes are alot bigger and falling faster then yesterday if it keeps up like this could get another 10cm!!

Posted
:( Had some of the largest snowflakes i've ever seen around 10.00am this morning(i'm no spring chicken) huge flakes but only for about half an hour.As the rain band expands northwards it's beginning to sleet/rain as temps rise slightly behind.

Posted

Can anyone tell me if it's worth me trying to get from Kent to Oxford/Swindon in a couple of hours?

Or will it be too dangerous to do so by car?

What are the current conditions like in that area?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Posted
Oh great! Not! :( Better not be rain and sleet here, might just go mad if west of brum gets 5-10cm and 40 miles east I get rain and sleet.

it is a little sleety here, although in each heavier burst its all snow, nothing really heavy enough atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is falling as snow here but very small flakes that are washing away the rest of our snow - we had loads outside til an hour ago. Its disappearing very quickly.

Probably ok if you have heavier snow as it would settle, this is too snizzly lol.

Posted
Can anyone tell me if it's worth me trying to get from Kent to Oxford/Swindon in a couple of hours?

Or will it be too dangerous to do so by car?

What are the current conditions like in that area?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Roads in Swindon aren't too bad, mostly slush with snow on the grass.Roads seem to be well gritted.I'd guess the motorway will be fine too.Rain is beginning to take over now so conditions should continue to improve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Don't panic. it starts as light sleet initially and then turns to snow as it becomes heavier. Temperature dropped by 0.2 to 1.0C. Moderate snowfalling on my decent covering from yestreday :wallbash:

Obviously, urban-heat islannds and other factors may come into play.

Edited by Supercell

Posted
does anyone know if us mere mortals in manchester may see some of the white stuff?

yes you will, probably later tonight and into tomorrow

Posted
It is falling as snow here but very small flakes that are washing away the rest of our snow - we had loads outside til an hour ago. Its disappearing very quickly.

Probably ok if you have heavier snow as it would settle, this is too snizzly lol.

arrghhh, well I just hope it adds to the snow I still have on the grass, the roads and pavements are melting anyway but I would like the snow on the grass to be added to so I can actually build a snowman later! :wallbash: I didnt do it yesterday and most of the snow except on the grass is melting so I desperately need a top up!

Very very bad here. Very heavy snow, 3 inches have now fallen. Just looked at the A470 and it's closed in one lane in both ways, so just 2 lanes now instead of 4. And I could run faster than the traffic. Many shops and workplaces are closed and people are abandonning cars in the town car park and walking home because they are stranded!

I'll get some pics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
the link do not work :wallbash:

It does you have to zoom in yourself though to the Swansea area, and then look at the cameras....