Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
Severe weather warning out for Yorkshire for this afternoon and evening up to 15cm on Pennines.

Meto are going get some stick over this one from those driving home this evening.

Mark

Barnard Castle,Co Durham

Where have you seen this warning, nothing on Met Office Website for Lancashire or Yorkshire.

Thanks

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY
Derby kind of missed out yesterday also - we had about an inch - but over the space of about 8 hours. There must've been more overnight as i just took my 3 year old out and there was about 2 inches on the ground plus minor roads were covered again.

Wasn't expecting anything today so if its going to come this far it will be a bonus.

well its raining here in allestree at 1.45am not good especially as we only got an inch at best yesterday!!!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

been snowing here most of the morning .wasnt expecting it today

Posted
Some pretty big flakes at the moment. Temperature still struggling at 1.6c.

Whats it like in Reading??? I'm meant to be coming to the Reading - Villa game, am worried about the travel!! Travelling from herefordshire!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Just been watching the cricket and randomly ckecked the forecast at the end. heavy snow ? Where did this come from lol. hasn't arrived here yet though.

Posted
Is this the snow which was forecast for Northern areas tomorrow but got here a little early?

Its from a feature that yesterday was expected to slide into France...instead its decided to pay us a visit!

Posted

All the roads are cleared and the snow is only light. It's just a cold, wintry day so far.

The ice last night was prettty bad. Fell to -1.1c. Apart from a few snowmen left and patches of it on the paths and pavements it's almost completely cleared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What the hecks happened! I wasnt expecting this today!!! :) The band of rain sleet and snow is already reached Birmingham and looks to be forecast to be going on for me for most the day and into the early hours of tomorrow morning :shok: Again the radar shows precip over me but nothing is happening at the moment, its only light precip though anyway, i'm sure once the heavier stuff gets here it will start.

So England beat Australia again! and this time in the final and now this rain/sleet and snow band has arrived ahead of forecast and could give me some more snow! What a day :)

Edited by andy_leics22

Where have you seen this warning, nothing on Met Office Website for Lancashire or Yorkshire.

Thanks

Shadowfax

Warning was there for a few mins I promise. It was from 1330z to 0000z for 2/5 cm on low ground with 10/15 cm on Pennines. It was for Yorkshire. Others on Weatheroutlook also saw it.

It should come back looking at the radar.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

According the radar it's Snowing here. Err nope. Cold though.

Posted
What the hecks happened! I wasnt expecting this today!!! :) The band of rain sleet and snow is already reached Birmingham and looks to be forecast to be going on for me for most the day and into the early hours of tomorrow morning :shok: Again the radar shows precip over me but nothing is happening at the moment, its only light precip though anyway, i'm sure once the heavier stuff gets here it will start.

So England beat Australia again! and this time in the final and now this ra/sleet and snow band has arrived ahead of forecast and could give me some more snow! What day :)

Very shocked was thinking id wake up to see precip just south west of wales trying to push in overnight and find its knocking on the doorstep right now,

infact its just started the odd flake at the min round 2!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

We've got rain now in Tamworth - booooooo!

Posted

WELL NEW WARNINGS OUT FOR THE EAST MIDLANDS.

Also bbc news 24 ranping it up for the midlands and now keeps it with us all through the night into the morning . I'm going to check now see if 6z had some sort of upgrade as I havent checed yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

light snow now in birmingham, thought this was supposed to happen tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Living on the front line. Had ice and rain when I woke, then rain, then sleet, some snow back to rain and sleet, now stopped and it's only just lunch time.

I love the British weather.

Posted
Is it settling anywhere? Because its been snowing here lightly for quite a while but only settling in some places.

Snowing VERY heavily in Herefordshire.......settling on the already compacted snow from yesterday, probably have about 4 inches right now, with more expected!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY
According the radar it's Snowing here. Err nope. Cold though.

dont bank on it being snow its raining here in derby :)

Posted

Apsaloutley hammering down here all morning!! All roads covered, everyone sent home from work. Never seen anything like this for years and years. Is it going to last ? Local Radio saying this is set in for the night. :)

Posted

For the people wondering if any of this snow is settling at all, the answer is yes. Just get on the M4 (if it's still open) and come to Wales! It's getting quite deep now, almosy a blizzard. And the flakes are huge. :)