Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
Isn't fizzling out here. Looks like about 3 inches for us today from this. This is making up for the horrifc sight yesterday of seeing the lovely snow being slowly and brutally killed by rain.

Is this likely to last for us here? - Metcheck are forecasting large amounts of snow right through till Sat 6pm - I'll need to know to send my kids to their gran's overnight tonight as she doesn't like coming out in the snow to look after them when i'm in work!

Is this likely to last for us here? - Metcheck are forecasting large amounts of snow right through till Sat 6pm - I'll need to know to send my kids to their gran's overnight tonight as she doesn't like coming out in the snow to look after them when i'm in work!

You are on the coast right? Might turn to rain there early this afternoon I think. Where's gran?

Posted
You are on the coast right? Might turn to rain there early this afternoon I think. Where's gran?

We're not on the coast - In between Pencoed & Llantrisant - Gran is only 2 miles away !! The snow isn't sticking though the ground is too wet - I expect the temps will rise through the day not decrease?? what about the metcheck forecast it looks amazing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Its coming down at a moderate pace here, snow is settling, id say about 1cm... it should be interesting to see how long this can carry on for :)

L

Posted
Its coming down at a moderate pace here, snow is settling, id say about 1cm... it should be interesting to see how long this can carry on for :)

L

Has it settled on top of water from yesterdays thaw?

Can that happen - it doesn't seem cold enough here

Posted

The main thrust of snow today is going to be towards the W with areas like N Wales with this moving NE during the day. Areas like W Midlands could also see some heavy snow and this evening Manchester looks in the firing line. The further E you are the lighter the snow shall be with areas like Norfolk,Suffolk recieving hardly any if none at all. The snow risk shall move further N during the night when a thaw shall set in elsewhere.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
Whats the story with East Anglia today? Local weather this morning say sleet and snow moving in later, becoming persistant and continuing into the night.

Anyone confirm this could happen?

Which local weather was that? I don't see much happening for Norfolk or Suffolk especially I'm afraid.

Posted

Slight thaw going on here, +1.5c. I can now see my car !!

Chance of a flake or 2 later - hopefully.

Keep posting everyone, I'm enjoying your reports, views, moans & groans etc :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.
Has it settled on top of water from yesterdays thaw?

Can that happen - it doesn't seem cold enough here

dsc00158mm9.jpg

yeah, thats the scene from my window atm :) and im in the city centre!

Posted

:) -->

QUOTE(Paul B @ 9 Feb 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which local weather was that? I don't see much happening for Norfolk or Suffolk especially I'm afraid.

I think this was on BBC teletext pg 402 Paul.

Strange because it doesn't fit the BBC forecast or the models!.

Posted

It is very ironic that parts of the south of the UK had there most widespread snowfall for a while in what has been an extremely mild winter overall, whilst last winter which was a cold one for southern parts, there was little snow.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
dsc00158mm9.jpg

yeah, thats the scene from my window atm :) and im in the city centre!

Lucky bug - I just measured the outside air temp & it was 1.5oc. Although its snowing heavily here all the snow from yesterday had melted and we have standing water so nothing is sticking - very depressing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Light snow now here just outside Pershore, Worcs. No temperature values because my thermometer / hygrometer has bust !!

Posted

:) -->

QUOTE(Paul B @ 9 Feb 2007, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was on one of the Look East bulletins this morning.

Looking out of the window at the sunshine I find it hard to believe too!

Posted

Just watching the pink pixels creeping ever closer on the NWx closeup radar. With last nights 2cms still lying on the ground showing no sign of melting, anything else should sit just nicely on top. That's if we actually get the showers as yesterday we were surrounded by them and our little snow forcefield kept them at bay most of the day!

Posted
I think this was on BBC teletext pg 402 Paul.

Strange because it doesn't fit the BBC forecast or the models!.

Not a great surprise to me, as I have often found pg 402 on there to give a totally different forecast to what is given on the tv forecasts! Pg 402 on there is about as much use as the 5 dayers!

Posted
The main thrust of snow today is going to be towards the W with areas like N Wales with this moving NE during the day. Areas like W Midlands could also see some heavy snow and this evening Manchester looks in the firing line. The further E you are the lighter the snow shall be with areas like Norfolk,Suffolk recieving hardly any if none at all. The snow risk shall move further N during the night when a thaw shall set in elsewhere.

Hi, TEITS. Do you think that the front will track more to the west and miss the West Mids? It looks like its doing that on the METO radar.

Regards,

Mike.