Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
Congratulations :drinks:

Wow this is turning out to be one beast of a cold spell for us P.P. :)

Much better shower this one....some decent sized flakes and falling quite heavy.

1cm now already from what was before....a partially melted dusting of 0.2cm.

Posted
Much better shower this one....some decent sized flakes and falling quite heavy.

that didn't take long. must be really heavy.

Posted
that didn't take long. must be really heavy.

Yep....pretty darned heavy, but I've seen heavier from north-sea showers up here.

Just consider the SST's.

Everywhere is completely white now.

Posted
Yep....pretty darned heavy, but I've seen heavier from north-sea showers up here.

Just consider the SST's.

Everywhere is completely white now.

well dont forget to record it. a few snaps for the scrapbook eh?

Posted
well dont forget to record it. a few snaps for the scrapbook eh?

This? Nah. It's pretty pathetic compared to what I got last year and what I'm normally used to.

But considering my terrible luck so far this winter....I am chuffed about getting some lying snow. Finally.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
which is why i said record it. who knows when you will get some again? :)

A little taste of what I got last year; in a more noteworthy easterly: -

post-3900-1170990586_thumb.jpg

This was taken on the ice-day; when the temp never got above -5C all day (-10C in the night). THAT was more worthy of recording.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

Some people in the coastal counties of East Yorkshire\Humber and Lincolnshire will be happy at around 7am when they wake up to a light covering.

I think I've seen my lot for the night, and from this cold spell. It seems that 1cm is my maximum cover and that is all it was going to be.

Posted

Well I have to say im mighty disappointed tonight by the temps here in Ox. Barely below zero if i can trust the various weather stations im checking out. It was meant to get down to -8. But theres an endless supply of cloud from somewhere. So its not gettign down there at all. Unless it does it in the next 3 hours. Hmmm.... well its prob not going to make much of a difference anyway. Saturday was always unlikely.

Posted
Do you want your Duckbilled Platypus roasted or fried, Brian?

:)

Roasted Please! :)

Ah that's how you spell platypus, it's not a word I use very often. :lol:

Great to see you got some more Snow though.

That must equate to about 3cms for the winter so far for you then!

Anyway off to bed now, night night! :D

Brian.

Posted
Roasted Please! :D

Ah that's how you spell platypus, it's not a word I use very often. :)

Great to see you got some more Snow though.

That must equate to about 3cms for the winter so far for you then!

Anyway off to bed now, night night! :lol:

Brian.

Not really, I've only ever had a covering of 1cm as a maximum. It has kept thawing and then re-freezing. Snowing again now....but nowhere near enough to make my snow cover reach 2cm.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Mornin P.P.. Snow covering still here too, but the sun

will be up soon and it'll all melt away..

Posted
Mornin P.P.. Snow covering still here too, but the sun

will be up soon and it'll all melt away..

That really annoys me.

If we can get a covering of at least 5cm with frequent shower; sun melt at this time of the year should be negligible.

Posted

Morning all, things have changed slightly for today, and rain is expected to affect many parts of Southern Britain. Indeed, some quite heavy outbreaks of rain are already affecting southwest England and South Wales, and this area of precipitation is expected to slowly spread north and eastwards. As it does so, it is likely to turn to snow again, especially over Wales and the Midlands. There could be some significant accumulation once again, with up to 15cm over higher areas, and more generally 2-6cm.

This whole area of rain, sleet and snow will slowly continue to spread northeastwards throughout the next 24 hours, gradually introducing less cold conditions in from the southwest. Therefore snow over lower areas of Wales and the Midlands will largely turn back to rain by this time tomorrow.

A snow risk continues for much over the weekend over higher ground in Northern England and for Scotland, with Sunday possibly seeing the most snow in parts of Scotland.

Posted

:) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul B @ 9 Feb 2007, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Morning all, things have changed slightly for today, and rain is expected to affect many parts of Southern Britain. Indeed, some quite heavy outbreaks of rain are already affecting southwest England and South Wales, and this area of precipitation is expected to slowly spread north and eastwards. As it does so, it is likely to turn to snow again, especially over Wales and the Midlands. There could be some significant accumulation once again, with up to 15cm over higher areas, and more generally 2-6cm.

This whole area of rain, sleet and snow will slowly continue to spread northeastwards throughout the next 24 hours, gradually introducing less cold conditions in from the southwest. Therefore snow over lower areas of Wales and the Midlands will largely turn back to rain by this time tomorrow.

A snow risk continues for much over the weekend over higher ground in Northern England and for Scotland, with Sunday possibly seeing the most snow in parts of Scotland.

Edited by Tas

Posted

What's this? Snow in Durham? It's white here too - with frost :) Not a single flake overnight.

Posted

Sorry about above post - the quote button doesnt seem to like me, cannot make it quote Paul properly :)

Posted
What are the chances of this rain continuing to fall as snow as it crosses East Anglia? With an easterly wind forecast, it seems strange that the Midlands are forecast snow, but EA is forecast rain.

It looks to me as though there won't be much precipitation in East Anglia today, with most of it going through the Midlands and Wales. There may be some this afternoon, but nothing too heavy, and whilst snow cannot be ruled out, its more likely the further inland you are and under the heavier precipitation in the Midlands. :)

Posted

Just noticed your location Paul B - I expect you are also hoping the precip band can make it across to the coast. :)

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Well we always say the weather surprises us - snowing heavily with me in Welsh Valleys and I am off work again and my kids off school!

Definitely NOT forecast up to the time I seen the charts last night! This will be more dangerous on top of last nights ice.

Just gave a heavy snow warning for Wales on my regional forecast.

Oops!

JK