Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted

Dissappointing today, after just looking at the radar,there was quite a bit of snow around us, even on us, but the most we got were a few flakes! :D

Daz

Posted
Dissappointing today, after just looking at the radar,there was quite a bit of snow around us, even on us, but the most we got were a few flakes! :D

Daz

A few flakes is better than nothing. There maybe something better for you on saturday.

Posted
LOL... London got 4 to 5 times more snow than Norwich!?

Yes and there's still quite a lot still around!!!

Photo of my daughter's hand (7 yrs) around 4" deep in Grovelands Park, Southgate, N London

post-631-1170970877_thumb.jpg

taken at 16:30

Posted

All this snow in the south will be good for replenishing the aquafers underground - with slow melt seeping through the soil. A complete win - win :D

Posted
Evening, snowmaiden...... it was a bit of a let down today, wasn't it? But we never usually get any snow of any significance from any other direction than the East or North-East here. I wasn't surprised by the pathetic covering of.....ooooh, 1cm?, we got today at all.

Barely 1cm, it was coming down at a reasonable rate but never heavy, it was going to have a hard time of settling as the overnight frost had already started to thaw by 9am, didnt even have to de-ice the car...

Posted
LOL... London got 4 to 5 times more snow than Norwich!?

It's sad but true, Thinon. Despite an almost constant drizzle all day of the most pathetic snowflakes I've ever seen, there wasn't enough snow on the ground to make even a modest snowball.

Posted
Evening, snowmaiden...... it was a bit of a let down today, wasn't it? But we never usually get any snow of any significance from any other direction than the East or North-East here. I wasn't surprised by the pathetic covering of.....ooooh, 1cm?, we got today at all.

Maybe half a cm for me. We usually do well from straighter northerlies as well, as in the coverings for central Norfolk and Suffolk Tuesday night.

Drizzling now and 1.8, temperature sat between 0.9 and 2.2 all day.

Still watching for overnight Friday to Saturday to see if the risk can transfer South a little.

Posted
It's sad but true, Thinon. Despite an almost constant drizzle all day of the most pathetic snowflakes I've ever seen, there wasn't enough snow on the ground to make even a modest snowball.

How 'bout this for a snowball :D

post-631-1170971417_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

for today we finish with about 12cm of snow here and 25cm in drifts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Wonder how accurate this will turn out to be...

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/uk_3days.shtml

not very i'm imfraid.it is already wrong..it shows us having an accumulation NOW...it didnt even snow lol..not that i was expecting it anyway (its better that way)

Edited by swainclubber

Posted

Looking at the charts above I think sleet is probably most likely for us on Saturday as the BBC have forecast.

After Saturday though, is that it? Or is there still a possibility of a bit more snow this winter? Anything exciting showing up on the charts for the coming days?

Posted

Ended up with 8cms here. About half melted now on fields and used paths/roads are slush. Temperature currently 0.6C which has held around this figure since 3pm, dewpoint 0.3C and slowly rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Amazing day here in Leicester! Snow finally reached here about 6:30am and then snowed moderatly till around 12pm then it stopped and I thought it was my lot... but then it started to snow heavy and lasted for about an hour which must have added another 2cm to the 2-3cm we already had laying. It then snowed lightly for the rest of the evening and it only just stopped snowing about half an hour ago! Our street was lovely and white until the gritter came about 1pm to ruin it :rolleyes:

The pavements are still white and havent melted one bit :) around 5cm on the grass and probably 4cm on the pavements but it was great to see snow falling for such a long period, turned out to be a very good event for me in the end :)

I see Worcester was the worst hit! And I remember last night some people were on here at around midnight saying that the band was dying out in the south-west and it was going to go wrong and it was a big let down...Then bang they end up being the worst hit :lol:

Posted
Amazing day here in Leicester! Snow finally reached here about 6:30am and then snowed moderatly till around 12pm then it stopped and I thought it was my lot... but then it started to snow heavy and lasted for about an hour which must have added another 2cm to the 2-3cm we already had laying. It then snowed lightly for the rest of the evening and it only just stopped snowing about half an hour ago! Our street was lovely and white until the gritter came about 1pm to ruin it :rolleyes:

The pavements are still white and havent melted one bit :) around 5cm on the grass and probably 4cm on the pavements but it was great to see snow falling for such a long period, turned out to be a very good event for me in the end :)

I see Worcester was the worst hit! And I remember last night some people were on here at around midnight saying that the band was dying out in the south-west and it was going to go wrong and it was a big let down...Then bang they end up being the worst hit :lol:

And more to come tomorow morning judging by the latest BBC forecast at 10:33.

Posted
Maybe half a cm for me. We usually do well from straighter northerlies as well, as in the coverings for central Norfolk and Suffolk Tuesday night.

Drizzling now and 1.8, temperature sat between 0.9 and 2.2 all day.

Still watching for overnight Friday to Saturday to see if the risk can transfer South a little.

The temp got upto the dizzy heights of 0.0c today.

Things have changed already snow moving further into south Wales tomorrow now and moving north. :rolleyes:

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0a.gif

Here`s todays low.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/bracka.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
The temp got upto the dizzy heights of 0.0c

Things have changed already snow moving further into south Wales tomorrow now and moving north. :rolleyes:

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0a.gif

Here`s todays low.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/bracka.gif

Hi Snowy,

Do you think there is more snow to come then for us in wales??

Locl forecast showed whitre oveer much of wales again, but i was excpecting rain

WW

Posted
Hi Snowy,

Do you think there is more snow to come then for us in wales??

Locl forecast showed whitre oveer much of wales again, but i was excpecting rain

WW

The latest BBC (10.33) showed another 2-5 cms in the morning tomorow! Dont believe it past that........its just too close too call!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
And more to come tomorow morning judging by the latest BBC forecast at 10:33.

For Hereford or for the midlands in general? I would guess just Hereford.

I'm looking at the early hours of Saturday morning with some interest. With the temps hovering around freezing till around 9am on Saturday I think I could see a repeat of todays event but not quite as good or as long lasting.

The upper air temps for around 12-6am when the band comes across me arent great for snow, around -3 they would be BUT with the temp hovering around freezing for the majority of the time that PPN is forecast to be over me between 12 and 6am I think I could either get freezing rain, sleet or hopefully snow. Is very marginal for snow though, I may get lucky and get a few hours snow before it turns to rain later in the day, certainly would be pleased if I could get a few hours snow before the milder air sets in though.

Posted

Latest radar shows ppn just making land in the far SW,

does anybody know where it's expected to go and what it might contain?