Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

wow we had 15cm of snow yesterday and were forecast another possibly 10cm later today so that will make 25cm and about 40cm in drifts!

Posted

Wow, I didn't expect this - more snow falling over Bristol and settling.

This wasn't forecast at all yesterday evening!

Maybe will amount to more than the 1cm which steeled yeaterday evening.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well Well despite being very little depth 1.5cm where I live and around 1mm further down the Snow has stuck. Main differance being the soil temps which backs up mine comments made last year that you really need to get the soil temps fairly well down.

Possible more Snow tonight before it turns to rain tomorrow morning. Another none event coming up????

Posted
Just noticed your location Paul B - I expect you are also hoping the precip band can make it across to the coast. :)

Always hoping I am! :lol: Not expecting much today, just a chilly east wind.

Net-Weather has just issued an alert for today. Full details at: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...;type=alerthome

Posted

looks like we could be in for a pasting today then .......is there much chance in the snow pepping up as goes over the good old welsh mountains ...here's hoping :blink:

Posted

I didnt expect snow in the SW this morning but obviously rhe milder air is somewhat behind. This is going to look really promising for those hoping for snow further north (coughcough me!!!) as the day progresses into this evening, but again those in the midlands and wales be careful as if there is large amounts of snow falling on wet surfaces it is likely to turn to ice :blink:

SM06

Posted

Arrived home from spain yesterday afternoon hoping to see a white scene but disappointment reigned supreme-the hills in the distance had a slight dusting but apart from a little bit in the corner of the garden -nothing. It was pleasing to see other areas had a proper fall and there obviously remains prospects of some more after viewing the 0z. I would say this to PP while we have done extremely badly thus far let's not get too bitter-at least we have a cold spell which not too long ago seemed nothing but a pale dream. I am very impressed by Roger Smith's LRF and think a lot of us should read his posts a lot more closely that in the past.

Posted

good morning people

looking on the radar there looks to be a substantial amount of precipitation for today, for wales and the midlands!

looking further ahead onto tonight it looks like leeds could be hit by either sleet or substantial snow event again!

what do people think?

Posted

The forecast for today was a mainly quiet day with not much happening and the odd shower.How come this majour front which looks heavier than yesterday has devoloped and is crossing the country. What caused it and why was it not forecast, gfs has been hinting at ppn for today for a few days why did forecasters not pick up on it and didnt expect a front to cross untill late tonight into tomorrow. forecasts have been majourly changed thi morning compared to last night. Can they not read the models at +0 anymore

Posted

It started snowing here in South East Wales at around 7am but it has now turned to rain. I expect its too mild for snow despite the BBC's forecast of widespread snow

Posted
Well Well despite being very little depth 1.5cm where I live and around 1mm further down the Snow has stuck. Main differance being the soil temps which backs up mine comments made last year that you really need to get the soil temps fairly well down.

Possible more Snow tonight before it turns to rain tomorrow morning. Another none event coming up????

Im not having a dig at anyone here, the above is an example of a much wider atmosphere on here currently

Why is that as soon as snow is not forecast to hit the particular area that members of the board live in, its a 'none event' ?

I fail to see what can justify as much as overall potentially 8 inches of snow falling across parts of the midlands who have not seen any real snow for a number of years, being called a none event, just because snow may not have fallen as intensely in your area. A majority of the snow that fell here yesterday ahs now melted, however, im chuffed to see other areas still in whiteout conditions!

Back on topic, the precip really beginning to spread a little further east along the south coast, could well be that area such as lonson and the home counties recieve a little more precip that first expected, especially with some decent PVA profiles across the south this morning, however, looking at the trend of rising dew points, more likely to be quite a sleety/rainy mix i would have thought

Kind Regards

Kris

Posted

Whats the story with East Anglia today? Local weather this morning say sleet and snow moving in later, becoming persistant and continuing into the night.

Anyone confirm this could happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

yay snowing in South Wales, not what last nights forcast suggested at all. :blink:

The snow man is happy - he wasnt looking to clever yesterday afternoon.

Yes, snowing here too. About 2cm of fresh snow on top of the 10cm we got yesterday, though the rain killed about half of it. So about 7cm laying now. Didn't expect this at all, seems to have come from nowhere...

Temperature 0.2c.

Edited by Magpie

Posted

heres an example of how they didnt forecast todays weather. this is simon from weatheronlines morning call. this has since been updated to correct the error in the forecast.

More cloud is expected through the West Country and here expect some light rain and milder here.

Scattered snow showers are expected across eastern parts of Scotland for the afternoon. Further spells of rain will fall across south west England and as it moves into Wales it will turn to snow across inland areas. For the remainder of Scotland and England it will stay fine and dry with more in the way of cloud. Highs only of 2 to 4C but up to 10C in the south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is a good band, but looks like it is fizzling out as it pushes inland? I cannot see much of the Midlands getting anything significant from this.

Posted
yay snowing in South Wales, not what last nights forcast suggested at all. :blink:

The snow man is happy - he wasnt looking to clever yesterday afternoon.

Heavy snow here in Pencoed too - the ground is very wet though from yesterday so not likely to stick

Posted
Is london expecting any more snow in the near future can someone tell me?

they say rain for today but temperature steady at 1.4

I don't think so personally but please don't quote me on this.

Two reasons really im not sure if the heaviest precip will make it's way to you and also for SE areas it looks too marginal what with the flow being SE,ly.