Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted

Snowing moderately to heavily here in Kenfig Hill again at 89m asl and 3 miles inland.

Temp is 1.1 and dewpoint at 0.1.

As todays lowest is a mere 1.1, I'd guess it's falling.

EnE wind at about 12 MpH

Does anybody have any idea if this is going to e another prolonged event lasting more than a couple of hours, or is it just a flurry? As I said, I wasn't expecting this, though realised it was marginal from the TV forcasts last night. I've just woken up to find it.

Edited by crimsone

Posted
Hello Teits, are you expecting any of this latest to reach you? I'm pretty much at a lose end today and don't mind a trip up the A1 for a little more snow.

Probably some light snow but the real action is certainly to the W.

Snowing moderately to heavily here in Kenfig Hill again at 89m asl and 3 miles inland.

EnE wind at about 12 MpH

Does anybody have any idea if this is going to e another prolonged event lasting more than a couple of hours, or is it just a flurry? As I said, I wasn't expecting this, though realised it was marginal from the TV forcasts last night. I've just woken up to find it.

Nope, this is in for the day. May turn sleety on the coast later though. Where it doesn't turn sleety / rainy though, a good few inches are looking pretty likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

C'MON, Shots of Cardiff Bay featured on BBC weather :) fantastic!

Posted

Just seen the latest news 24 forecast and I shall eat my monitor if I reach 5C today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

i certainly have picked the day to be traveling from here upto cheltenham - any one know how the m4/m5 are looking?

Posted
Probably some light snow but the real action is certainly to the W.

I may wander a little north westwards then this afternoon. If I'm in your neck of the woods should I look for a monitor shaped man? :)

Posted

EnE wind at about 12 MpH

MetO's Severe Weather Warnings.........Snow is now expected as far as the SE and London today!!!!! :yahoo:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Posted

Sounds ominous! lol. What did you take that to mean in terms of geography Magpie? (still haven't had chance to watch it, but I'm supposed to be taking my mum to work later, and I live on top of a windy hill with cars parked either side of the road!)

In one way, I pray that it keeps snowing. but in another way, I'm really hoping to be able to get down the hill! lol

Edited by crimsone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

It's been solid pink over us in Tamworth, Staffs, according to netweather radar over the past hour but we haven't had a flake yet.

Posted

Reports of light snow in Berkshire. Thought it was meant to get milder today !!!! Looks lkie the colder air is fighting back ! :yahoo:

Posted

Its currently -0.1C here with dewpoint of -0.2C. both are rising. Still plenty of the white stuff around

Edited by Chilly Milly

Sounds ominous! lol. What did you take that to mean in terms of geography Magpie? (still haven't had chance to watch it, but I'm supposed to be taking my mum to work later, and I live on top of a windy hill with cars parked either side of the road!)

In one way, I pray that it keeps snowing. but in another way, I'm really hoping to be able to get down the hill! lol

I'm guessing it'll turn to sleet / rain on coastal regions such as Cardiff, Swansea etc by this afternoon but if you're inland (elevated will help of course) it may stay as snow all day. Maybe even some more tonight if we're lucky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Looks lovely out there, still snowing and temps around 0.5°c, local school has now decided to close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.
I'm guessing it'll turn to sleet / rain on coastal regions such as Cardiff, Swansea etc by this afternoon but if you're inland (elevated will help of course) it may stay as snow all day. Maybe even some more tonight if we're lucky!

yeah, im guessing that too.. tbh, i wasnt expecting anything so this is a bonus :yahoo: how much have you got up there at the moment magpie??