Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

well, all of our snow from yesterday quickly melted away, but i woke up at about 8am and it was snowing but very wet...within an hour it started settling!.. its very heavy snow now :)

Posted

Well I'm not holding out too much hope for any decent snowfall amounts here. It's making very slow progress and we all know what that means for people to the north. It will be like after the lord mayors show, and it will probably fragment to the extent that there won't be much left in it when it does turn up in the North West.

Also although there was a frost this morning, it wasn't an hard frost, and it was a lot easier to scrape off the car windscreen. That suggests to the me that milder weather is on the way.

Posted

For Northern England rain and snow is likely to move north later today, but the chances are it will be mostly of rain over lower ground as temperatures will be a bit higher then, with the snow restricted to the hills. However, some transitory snow cannot be ruled out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

temp 1 dew point 0 windchill -4 rain.

Oh well guess as the forecast for us was for rain I should just be happy it snowed yesterday, just a shame that last weekend we were in Abbergavenny for three days and it was gloriously sunny with no snow on the Brecons, if only we had booked for a week later.....

Posted

It's been snowing all morning here in North Bristol. I'm at about 80 metres and it's snow, down in the centre it's just sleet. Looking at the precip coming our way, it could be an interesting morning. Certainly way more snow than was forcast!

Posted

if you keep going back a few hours on the meto radar and watch the ppn it is moving northwards and eastwards. It's just it appears to be snowing it self out, so think east midlands and even lincolnshire will get it. it is just likely to be quite light snow here with no heavy downpours so probably means less chance of accumalations. The only thing that is bugging me with this whole cold/warm air mix which is even more present today as the 2 air masses meet it may pep up the ppn a little bit with all the extra moisture that will become available.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

Worth highlighting that temps are slow to rise this morning across the midlands with many locations still at 0C. I don't expect these to rise much during the day mainly because we haven't changed the airmass yet and more importantly cloud cover will restrict this.

Posted

That ppn looks like it's moving more northwards than eastwards, what are the chances that cumbria gets any snow today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
Well I'm not holding out too much hope for any decent snowfall amounts here. It's making very slow progress and we all know what that means for people to the north. It will be like after the lord mayors show, and it will probably fragment to the extent that there won't be much left in it when it does turn up in the North West.

Also although there was a frost this morning, it wasn't an hard frost, and it was a lot easier to scrape off the car windscreen. That suggests to the me that milder weather is on the way.

Well, I'm not so sure, looking at the radar this front has moved about fifty miles northwards in two hours, and its northern extent is now into Cheshire. Added to that it seems to be pepping up. As such I'd be surprised if the Manchester area and Western Pennines didn't see something reasonable out of this in terms of precipitation. The big question will be what will fall - rain, sleet or snow ????

Worth highlighting that temps are slow to rise this morning across the midlands with many locations still at 0C. I don't expect these to rise much during the day mainly because we haven't changed the airmass yet and more importantly cloud cover will restrict this.

Indeed, temperature hasn't moved since about 7:30am this morning. Still 0c.

Posted

Hello Teits, are you expecting any of this latest to reach you? I'm pretty much at a lose end today and don't mind a trip up the A1 for a little more snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Here on the Tyne & Wear coast I'm getting a mix of sun and wintry showers, and a temp' of about 3C. It isn't quite as warm as it was the last time the wind picked up off the sea; nonetheless, the dusting of hail we had has melted.

The potential for today & tomorrow seems to have upgraded if I'm reading the GFS correctly.

Posted

clouds looking full of snow again here not got above 0c!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

From rain at 8am to a covering of snow now, missed out yesterday, but for the time being were joining in in Swansea :)

Edited by button-wales

Posted
clouds looking full of snow again here not got above 0c!!

howdie same here 0c right now....

looking way better than it did last night...looking at the radar i think we could be on for more than yesterday TBH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

well, the snow is just getting heavier here.. the temp has dropped too.. about 2cm has fallen in the last hour.

Luke-