Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
a warm welcome from me lol :p

thanks been a lurker for sometime now and after today ..well got that extra adrenaline buzz lol

Welcome to NW.

A case of clearing skies for your location tonight. The area of precip you see on radar may stay to the SW of you so a mainly cloudy,cold day for tomorrow. There could be a chance of further snow but this is likely to turn to rain once milder air sweeps in.

Hope this helps.

cheers seems a fun place generally lol..a bit tetchy last night whilst i was lurking ....all in good fun....yes good outcome today just wasnt sure if that approaching system was what i caught a glimpse of on bbc for tommorow late pm in to sat...

ill take the rain if i can have another day like today...

thanx again lets hope for more of the same!!!..

Posted

Whats intresting is there is a band of precipitation moving out of N Ireland into Sw Scotland at the moment. Anyone have any idea what this is? Can anyone from N Ireland confirm what was actually falling from the sky?

Posted
i notice your in bilston im not to far away in sedgley i got 13cm by the time it all stopped how about you :drinks:

only 10cm here ..but serious drifting lol of 15cm......

great day !!

did you see that bbc forecast i mentioned about snow late tommorow in to sat ?....another day like today would be awesome

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
Welcome to NW.

A case of clearing skies for your location tonight. The area of precip you see on radar may stay to the SW of you so a mainly cloudy,cold day for tomorrow. There could be a chance of further snow but this is likely to turn to rain once milder air sweeps in.

Hope this helps.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the PM yesterday, was very tricky driving home this morning at 4am but managed it. Had 6-8 inches of snow fall and none has melted, but we are high up! Just heard there may be more tonight? Any thoughts?

Hope your brain isn't hurting from all that extra data on extra lol

Take care,

Simon

Posted
thanks been a lurker for sometime now and after today ..well got that extra adrenaline buzz lol

cheers seems a fun place generally lol..a bit tetchy last night whilst i was lurking ....all in good fun....yes good outcome today just wasnt sure if that approaching system was what i caught a glimpse of on bbc for tommorow late pm in to sat...

ill take the rain if i can have another day like today...

thanx again lets hope for more of the same!!!..

Ahhh...78/79....so many happy memories of that snow event, not just snow lying for a few hours but days and days..sigh...

Ps - Andy from leicestershire....Are you going to see Muse in June...? I cant wait !!

Posted
only 10cm here ..but serious drifting lol of 15cm......

great day !!

did you see that bbc forecast i mentioned about snow late tommorow in to sat ?....another day like today would be awesome

ye i did looks quite heavy again too, we could get another 5cm quite easily i would think

Posted
Welcome to net-weather.

:drinks:

Hope you got a decent snow fall out of this 'event'.

thanks...yes a decent 10cm...which helped make a very strange looking snowman!!

ill probalby lurk more times than not...hard to break old habbits.must be 2 yrs now or maybe more of checking in !!

Posted

certainly looks some heavy precip in that very similar setup to last night actually imagine if we got another 10cm!! lol

post-6161-1170982046_thumb.png

Posted
ye i did looks quite heavy again too, we could get another 5cm quite easily i would think

yeah, lets hope so ..one to keep an eye on i guess....another 10cm would be great on top of what we have now..who knows???

lators :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just thought i'd post these for you all to see :)

I took these pics at around 11:30am and I think we have another 1-2cm snow on top of whats shown in these pics from the snow that fell from 1pm -10pm.

Sorry for the quality, they are from my webcam but I thought id post them anyway, ive never posted snow pics of my own before :drinks:

picture109ne6.jpg

picture110wd7.jpg

Posted
Just thought i'd post these for you all to see :)

I took these pics at around 11:30am and I think we have another 1-2cm snow on top of whats shown in these pics from the snow that fell from 1pm -10pm.

Sorry for the quality, they are from my webcam but I thought id post them anyway, ive never posted snow pics of my own before :drinks:

Nice pics mate. Big contrast in snowfall amouts in leicstershire. We only saw about an inch while people in coalvile saw about 3"-4". SW parts of Leicstershire did pretty well, also there was a lot of snow on beacon hill which i saw on East midlands Today.

Posted
Nice pics mate. Big contrast in snowfall amouts in leicstershire. We only saw about an inch while people in coalvile saw about 3"-4". SW parts of Leicstershire did pretty well, also there was a lot of snow on beacon hill which i saw on East midlands Today.

3-4 inches in coalville! Wow, I know someone who lives in Coalville, the lucky gits! I only got about an inch and a half and they saw twice that amount.

Posted
3-4 inches in coalville! Wow, I know someone who lives in Coalville, the lucky gits! I only got about an inch and a half and they saw twice that amount.

Wow that looks a fair amount there Andy.

Actually it looks miles more than a lot of picures I've seen on t.v. today.

where they have said there has been chaos.

Posted
Wow that looks a fair amount there Andy.

Actually it looks miles more than a lot of picures I've seen on t.v. today.

where they have said there has been chaos.

Yeah it settled a treat on the paving and the grass :) They were taken just before midday and we had heavy snow lasting from 1-2pm so thats now been topped up by a cm or 2 :drinks: No doubt it will be gone by this time tomorrow because i'm sure the sun will get to work and melt the snow tomorrow but it's been nice to see a decent fall of snow again this winter :) this one is probably a bit more than my last fall of snow which was 24th of January.

Posted
Noooo.....nooooo....don't head to Sunderland. Anywhere but sunderland :drinks: , come to Durham...it's a much nicer place.

post-3900-1170985529_thumb.png

That looks a typical Snow for Sunderland, rain for Durham setup :)

Posted

Latest update from Oxford. Temps which were supposed to plunge tonight are still a fraction over -1C - perhaps because we are still under total cloud cover. Perhaps 2 inches snow left after light drizzle between 3 and 4 oclock when i was asleep wore away quite a bit of the snow, down from the original 5-6 inches (and more in favoured locations, such as those facing east/southeast. Tarmac and gravel surfaces much clearer, but lots of slush around on roads and pavements. Despite constant large snowball fights through the day , grassy areas still have a couple of inches of compressed snow, more in the few places where not trodden on. Trees have lost most snow when the rain came.

Looking odds on that most of the snow will disappear through tomorrow. I still hope for saturday, but dont expect too much. Hope lies in the fact that ppn might well hit in early hours, at our coldest, while heavy ppn might drop the temp those few degrees necessary. When it came yesterday, the snow made the temp fall 3 degrees.

Hope those showers hit you PP

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
What's the wind direction

Pretty much easterly where I am, veering ESE.

COME ON!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! HIT ME!

post-3900-1170988318_thumb.png

Is this radar lying to me?

The cell keeps appearing and dissapearing.

YAY! IT'S SNOWING!

EDIT - HEAVY SNOW NOW! BIG FAT FLAKES!

Posted
Pretty much easterly where I am, veering ESE.

COME ON!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! HIT ME!

post-3900-1170988318_thumb.png

Is this radar lying to me?

The cell keeps appearing and dissapearing.

YAY! IT'S SNOWING!

Congratulations :drinks:

Wow this is turning out to be one beast of a cold spell for us P.P. :)