Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted
I don't believe it!

The second that I say that I have missed the heavy precipitation, then down it comes :lol:

I don't even have to look outside as I can here the water dripping in the pans. :lol:

Had that myself earlier Brian.. Found a small rip in the roof liner. hey ho.. :lol:

Posted
Had that myself earlier Brian.. Found a small rip in the roof liner. hey ho.. :lol:

Potty, I might have one or two interesting pics to post tomorrow, as a load of plaster has just

fallen from the ceiling, and water is leaking like mad now.

We have got like horrible cement like looking stuff all over the carpet and furniture.

I'm getting concerned as we have a piano and allsorts in here. We have tried our best to cover most things

but the ceiling is starting to bulge in other areas.

Ooops......sorry GMG. I was crossing my fingers that you were going to escape.

For once I wish I had been wrong :lol:

Thanks Nimbus20,

If this continues I don't know what it will be like in here by the time the builders/bodgers return,

which is around 8am.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
I trust that the word "Compensation" is going to be strongly featuring between your goodself and these idiotic bodgers, GMG.

Its the least they can do.

Yes a very strong possibility.

If you are around tomorrow I shall try to upload some pictures of the damage to show you.

By the way you don't think that large area of precipitation currently just north of wales on the radar

is heading my way do you?l

Posted
Good luck GMG, hope you've managed limit the damage as much as possible

Thanks Wibs :lol:

I don't think I will be getting very much sleep tonight.

Posted
Seems to be moving just east of north at the moment, so as things currently stand, no. But its an area that hasn't altered in its intensity at all over the past hour or so, nor is moving very fast, so it must have been or currently be causing problems somewhere.

Good luck overnight GMG.

I hope you are right, because I daren't think what that will deliver if it arrived here.

If it is moving more in an Easterly direction, dosen't that mean it could hit your area

Posted

Potty, I might have one or two interesting pics to post tomorrow, as a load of plaster has just

fallen from the ceiling, and water is leaking like mad now.

We have got like horrible cement like looking stuff all over the carpet and furniture.

I'm getting concerned as we have a piano and allsorts in here. We have tried our best to cover most things

but the ceiling is starting to bulge in other areas.

Thanks Nimbus20,

If this continues I don't know what it will be like in here by the time the builders/bodgers return,

which is around 8am.

/quote]

word of advice if ceiling is bulging make a small hole and release the water or face the whole lot coming down. This happened to me after a flood once and advised if it ever happened again to do the above

Posted

word of advice if ceiling is bulging make a small hole and release the water or face the whole lot coming down. This happened to me after a flood once and advised if it ever happened again to do the above

Posted
No GMG, it shouldn't hit me or you, its path is just east of north (i.e. more north than east), not north of east (i.e. more east than north). I know, it's confusing :lol:

BTW, the radar is indicating something of a respite coming towards you. May be just drizzle or even light rain. Will keep an eye on things for you until 02:00 when my bed will call me!!

Until tomorrow when the next band arrives

Posted
No GMG, it shouldn't hit me or you, its path is just east of north (i.e. more north than east), not north of east (i.e. more east than north). I know, it's confusing :lol:

BTW, the radar is indicating something of a respite coming towards you. May be just drizzle or even light rain. Will keep an eye on things for you until 02:00 when my bed will call me!!

:lol: Yes I understand where you are coming from, my brain isn't functioning well tonight.

Thanks for offering to stay up for a while :lol:

You wouldn't believe the amount of water that is still coming out of the hole we have just made in the ceiling.

Thank goodness biddie was around tonight.

Posted
Yes I can believe it, and it was good of Biddie to provide an answer to what could have been a very, very big problem.

Has the rain eased yet?

It has eased slightly, but it is still raining at the moment.

Edit it has just started to rain harder again

Posted
Looks like a small heavier pulse for about 20-30mins then should ease off again.

Yes on here it looks like I might have a bit of a respite soon.

What is happening where you are right now?

Posted
Maybe just a little drizzle, otherwise calm and cloudy.

EDit - but not for long I fear :lol:

One thing that has just cheered me up is that I have just popped outside and noticed

that one of the builders has left his shirt on the fence and it is soaking wet :lol:

Obviously they didn't anticipate this rain tonight. I will have to suggest to them that they subscribe

to netweather in the morning :lol: so that they are better informed in the future.

Posted
:lol: That is at least some kind of justice :lol:

You were right again, it has eased off to a point where it is just spitting now.

Posted
Hey, I'm getting all embarrassed now :lol:

Well, I'll have a look at the 02:00hrs radar before I say goodnight, but as thinbgs stand heres what I expect for your location for the rest of the night:

Maybe one or two more heavier bursts, but aft that (say around 03:30), nothing more than drizzle and hopefully it will stay dry until the builders...sorry comedians...arrive at 8am.

Thanks Nimbus :lol:

Well if things pan out the way you suggest then I should be able to minimise the damage.

I like your last remark :lol:

Posted
Well, I've just looked at the 02:00 radar, and my forecast for the rest of the night does not change. Everything is moving SW-NE at the moment as the system comes into the SW. I hope that the rest of the night works out as I have suggested. Will catch up with you later today, and no doubt you will update me :lol:

Best wishes for a trouble-free night.

Great stuff Nimbus :cray: I'll still stay up to keep an eye on things as I daren't sleep just yet.

Thanks for tonight :lol: catch you later today if you are around

Brian :lol:

Posted
I don't believe it!

The second that I say that I have missed the heavy precipitation, then down it comes :wallbash:

I don't even have to look outside as I can here the water dripping in the pans. :(

Maan...that sucks for you dude. I wish those builders would do the decency of fixing their screw-up...and without you having to pay more.

As for myself....well its not raining here at all at the moment.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
Maan...that sucks for you dude. I wish those builders would do the decency of fixing their screw-up...and without you having to pay more.

As for myself....well its not raining here at all at the moment.

Cheers P.P.

Yes you are right, I could really do without the hassle at the moment, luckily I have managed to

contain the situation and keep the damage to a minimum so as long as I dont get too much rain tonight

things should be OK.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Closing this thread now, new one over here :wallbash: :

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=38660