Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted
about 5 minutes ago my dada reported torrential rain in Epping high street.

Very dark in that direction.

Joe :D

Did get very dark here a little while ago but no rain it is now clearing again

Posted

My siset just got back from the stables (next to the river roading and right next to the m25 between the A12 and M11 near stapleford airfirld, she said they had a violent 10 minute thunderstorm, with cracks of thunder and visisble C-C lightning arcing across the sky, this is about 5 miles away but here we have had no thunder or rain at all, however the builiding congestsus could be seen as well as dark basesas it moves off to the NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
My mate who lives in Hatfield Pevrel has just reported thunder from the same cell that affected epping earlier, its travelling up the A12so your in with a chance now.

Thanks jshaw, Im going out now, its really dark to my sout with faint distant rumbling. Very humid stormy feeling evening.

:D -->

QUOTE(Paul B @ 13 Jun 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watching Essex and Suffolk at the moment for storm developments. Met Office just issued weather warnings for these counties: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/...t_warnings.html

Great stuff Paul, Im off out now to try a catch some good photos, its approaching fairly quicky from the south.

See you guys in an hour or so.

Mammatus :unsure:

Posted

Large storm now developed across Essex. Pleanty of sheet and fork lightning. Mammatus, you may be interested to know thats its just started raining here - very drops and almost constant thunder from the south.

Posted
Thanks jshaw, Im going out now, its really dark to my sout with faint distant rumbling. Very humid stormy feeling evening.

:D --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul B @ 13 Jun 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Watching Essex and Suffolk at the moment for storm developments. Met Office just issued weather warnings for these counties: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/...t_warnings.html

Great stuff Paul, Im off out now to try a catch some good photos, its approaching fairly quicky from the south.

See you guys in an hour or so.

Mammatus :D

It appears to be backbuilding overhead here, very dark again but further east now towards brentwood.

Joe :unsure:

Posted

hi everyone just watching nw radar around the iow seems a bit of convection, maybe might spark a storm for us southerners :D

Posted
hi everyone just watching nw radar around the iow seems a bit of convection, maybe might spark a storm for us southerners :D

Yep I hope so.Seems to be picking up some activity off the IOW.Its Just started raining here.

Posted

The rain is pepping up again in NW England and Wales. Whether it will become electrical is another thing but it is teeming down.

Also a nice area of cells just in the channel by the IOW.

Edited by shaun l

Posted

Storm directly overhead, heavy rain and lighting every 30-50 seconds.

Has made the celling shake a few times, and cloud to ground seen as well as in cloud.

started about 10 minutes ago and is only just slowing moving NE

Posted
Storm directly overhead, heavy rain and lighting every 30-50 seconds.

Has made the celling shake a few times, and cloud to ground seen as well as in cloud.

started about 10 minutes ago and is only just slowing moving NE

Have seen some cracking storms down there when my gradparents used to live just outside Braintree(Rainford).

Posted
Very light rain here at the moment but very muggy. Any storms coming Surrey way?

Welcome to the forum Paul, not looking great for Surrey, perhaps something overnight but don't hold your breath.

Posted

Complete turn around in cloud base direction now. Was W-E now E-W

Hi Paul (UK) welcome to NW.. :D

Posted

well very slow dark high clouds atm, hopefully that cell can have the manners to let me know what its all about, is that system backbuilding? just looks a tad like it is

Edited by Arrows

Posted
Complete turn around in cloud base direction now. Was W-E now E-W

Hi Paul (UK) welcome to NW.. :D

Just happened here which is probably why the rain is increasing in intensity.

Posted

A number of people said they saw a funnel cloud in West Dublin today and sure enough Estofex picked it up. http://essl.org/ESWD/ Still quite angry looking skys around. Hope I get to see a storm over the next couple of days. I always seem to miss out by a matter of miles. :whistling::rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Something is begginning to happen now i think, i've got the strange feeling the theta plume is only just making headway in towards the midlands. Got some moderate to heavy ranfall now and the storms further east are gaining strength. Thought i heard a couple of grumbles here not long ago, not the long booming thunder, just brief rumblings from very high altitudeby the sound of it. You can see on the latest MET rainfall radar outputs are increasing constantly in the last 30mins or so.

Posted
Welcome to the forum Paul, not looking great for Surrey, perhaps something overnight but don't hold your breath.

what about hertfordshire paul is the essex storms likely to move this way ?

Edited by biddie

Posted
what about hertfordshire paul is the essex storms likely to move this way ?

Biddie are you not getting the rain at the moment? just starting to get steady here and can hear rumbles over Harlow area

Posted
Biddie are you not getting the rain at the moment? just starting to get steady here and can hear rumbles over Harlow area

I think you might be getting what we just had heavy rain shower for about half hour no rumbleing but i was in the pub ! stopped now but cloudy seemed to be pushing towards hertford way whoops just noticed raining again getting darker

Edited by biddie

Posted

Well it's probably too far west for me tbh. What are the chances or anything else coming up from france within the next 6 hours?

Posted

Also worth noteing the wind direction has changed more toward an easterly flow. Meteo 24 rainfall radar shows future movements heading from the south northwards instead of a north easterly direction. Worth keeping and eye on as those cells in the channel around the IOW are still growing stronger even though not electrified as of yet!