Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Heavey Rain in Brum city center... again not thunder though... are we too far west for todays action??

Posted

down in the south here , the entire sky has become overcast with a higher level haze, with lower level clouds floating around. very muggy, humid at well.

Posted
New storms may be starting to build down over central/eastern France - clouds mushrooming up there. However any severe stuff looks likely to stay the other side of the Channel and may move NNE shearing into Belgium and Holland tonight.

Tamara

It certainly looked that way from what I read on the earlier text from Estofex, and as such only a Level 1 on the Storm Shield for tonight (Max of 5) Estofex expecting the cold front to race east with bowing lines moving North East into Benelux, areas further North and along the eastern south coast are capped, so a possible elevated storm that has lost its way possible,

Paul S

Posted
down in the south here , the entire sky has become overcast with a higher level haze, with lower level clouds floating around. very muggy, humid at well.

Nothing for us mate we are bugga'd

Posted

Torro released a convective discussion recently :)

Central Eire Southern N Ireland Wales Midlands N England E Anglia Central-southern England South-east England

THREATS Isolated tornadoes, gusty winds, heavy rain, cloud-ground lightning and hail (around 1cm in places).

http://www.torro.org.uk/torro/forecast/index.php

Posted

Central Eire Southern N Ireland Wales Midlands N England E Anglia Central-southern England South-east England

THREATS Isolated tornadoes, gusty winds, heavy rain, cloud-ground lightning and hail (around 1cm in places).

I could do with one of them...too much rubbish in the garden...a good whirlwind

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Nothing for us mate we are bugga'd

a pity. we could do with a bit of a storm down here. its been horribly humid/muggy for the past few days.

no chance of something hitting us from across the channel later?

Posted

Slight delay and the pics not that good.. but I was trying to fix a hole in the roof lining that I didn't know we had.. :)

Heavy rain

post-1669-1181748519_thumb.jpg

Pea hail falling..

post-1669-1181748547_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi Sally,

I am leaning towards the Estofex forecast to be honest, Torro mention "If" the ongoing MCS In the Channel can re-intensify, having run the radar sequence today and not noting any Sferics, the only area which is intensifying is the South Midlands area, which if you run the sequence is nothing to do with the MCS (If you can call it that) i'd call it crapvection myself. There is also a Substantial Cap over the South East which is being eroded now, but other than a few elevated storms this evening, I do not think the Torro forecast can verify, i'd have thought the only likely place for a Tornado today would be in or near Lincs

Paul S

Posted

Estofex only go up to level 3 - 'high coverage of extremely severe weather'

A level 1 is unusual for the UK, but we've been under them many times before and nothing has happened.

Posted
a pity. we could do with a bit of a storm down here. its been horribly humid/muggy for the past few days.

I think a posability....

Posted

Well im back after cutting 2 lawns, and having been outside has lead me to believe that the weather is really quite rubbish at the moment. Overcast, very humid, but no thunder and no rain.. :) Still warm though. Am looing to the SW again for hope, and it looks like somethng may happen, but Ihave given up hoping today. Why do all you lot upthere get all the fun....No Fair!

Just to edit: I am LOOKING, not looing to the SW....

Edited by lightningfan

Posted

Not according to the Gospel of Paul S :)

It's not really that humid at 66%. And its only 19c

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Slight delay and the pics not that good.. but I was trying to fix a hole in the roof lining that I didn't know we had.. :)

Heavy rain

post-1669-1181748519_thumb.jpg

Pea hail falling..

post-1669-1181748547_thumb.jpg

Yeh floods round the Water Tower at Graves Park. Near me just 3.8mm of Rain. Typical Thundery Shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Very similar here, after recent sunshine the hazy sky has made an appearance along with some bubbly coulds floating around. Im hoping for some thunder later. :)

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
Well im back after cutting 2 lawns, and having been outside has lead me to believe that the weather is really quite rubbish at the moment. Overcast, very humid, but no thunder and no rain.. :) Still warm though. Am looing to the SW again for hope, and it looks like somethng may happen, but Ihave given up hoping today. Why do all you lot upthere get all the fun....No Fair!

Certainly is bad for us this year storm wise. I can see us racing into July without as much as a rumble at this rate! Very bizarre.

Posted
Yeh floods round the Water Tower at Graves Park. Near me just 3.8mm of Rain. Typical Thundery Shower.

Yeah.. The drains in the bottom of swall are probably blocked. Still, it gives us a temporary duck pond.. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Yeah.. The drains in the bottom of swall are probably blocked. Still, it gives us a temporary duck pond.. :)

Whats new? Sheffield doesn't bother cleaning drains and then blames the weather.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
Certainly is bad for us this year storm wise. I can see us racing into July without as much as a rumble at this rate! Very bizarre.

Yup. All very disappointing...Maybe well get some monster storms to make up for it....Still got those annoying little bubbly clouds in the distance that look promising, but in fact bring naff all

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Sometime 2007, thats all I know.

Paul posted a link a while ago with details of all UK radars and it was mentioned on there.

Cheers MCT, looking forward to that then....

Posted

I am sitting here looking at the cell to the north of Chester hoping some further cells form as it will have gone by the time I get through the rush hour traffic.

As to all those that have not had the storms the next few days offer ample opportunity and the unexpected storms are often the best rather than waiting and being disapointed.

Posted
Is it me, or are things showing signs of decaying and dispersing into just heavy rain rather than storms?

Yes thats just what I was thinking :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whats the Chance of Me having a Storm this evening, tomorrow and friday?

Please no one say i always ask this. I would just like to know!