Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looking at the latest met-office radar is suggesting that the trough is expanding along its axis into North devon, with a nasty looking cell developing over west dartmoor where as the Torbay storm shield holds firm, more individual cells brewing in the SW approaches so hope springs eternal for us south devonians!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Hi Supacell

Would wait for the 6z tomorrow and base your decision on this, earlier model runs had the convergence lines further North and 12z had it further South, so it is critical you get the latest info before you chase tomorrow, also there will probably be outflow boundaries to be seen on Satelite tomorrow morning, these are usually a really good indicator of where home grown storms will fire, will be online from 11am tomorrow so should be able to help you out.

Paul S

Yes and the 18z has moved it north again. Thanks for that Paul - hopefully i'll have a successful chase day tomorrow :shok:

Posted
Looks like another band of moderate rain/showers will arrive after midnight - a bit of a repeat of this afternoon really, with the dregs of Normandy Thunderless Showers.

Tomorrow that drated onshore SW wind convection kill-force field arrives and a good 10 to 12 hours sunshine and blue sky will result whilst convection and storms explode 50 miles or so to my north :shok: .

Ah well - to the next potential interest - perhaps in the first part of next week.

Tamara

peeps

what is the rain in the south west doing is it intensifiying or dying? also any sferics from it??

rob

Posted

jeez there has to be some kind of activity coming from the channel, cmon weather shows us what ya made of :shok:

Posted

Even if people cannot Chase tomorrow, I would urge you to take your Camera with you tomorrow, there could be quite a few funnel cloud reports as the convergence zone is going to be huge, from the west country to London all the way up to the wash and accross to the West Midlands, showers could even be more torrential than today. I am taking my camera with me everywhere tomorrow!!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

It looks like on the radar there are two bands of really intense precipitation the 2nd one is rapidly forming behind the 1st one, must say i am surprised how quick its devloped across Devon

Posted
Even if people cannot Chase tomorrow, I would urge you to take your Camera with you tomorrow, there could be quite a few funnel cloud reports as the convergence zone is going to be huge, from the west country to London all the way up to the wash and accross to the West Midlands, showers could even be more torrential than today. I am taking my camera with me everywhere tomorrow!!

Paul S

going to be fun for me in work tomorrow as i work on the barrage lol,

won't be best pleased if mother nature decides to have a pop at cardiff lol

VIKING SMB

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Hopefully the rain isn't going to be worse. Think there has been enough recently, local news reported 25-30 trapped in a computer suite on an industrial estate in kettering earlier. Having to get them out by boat :shok:

Still tipping it down here aswell!

Posted
It looks like on the radar there are two bands of really intense precipitation the 2nd one is rapidly forming behind the 1st one, must say i am surprised how quick its devloped across Devon

*Whispers* Do we come in this?? otherwise me and Dave are going to go mad!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looks like there is some intense downpours moving into plymouth/exeter at the moment...Anyone had storms down there?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hey up nearly to average rainfall for the month now. Only a few days ago it was a grand total of 0.8mm. No thunder today and only one Yesterday and one rumble for the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes its quite interesting...this trough doesnt seem to be going anywhere in a hurry.....Its just building along its axis and backbuilding off the devon coast...It certainly looks like we're in for quite a deluge, the rain is certainly picking up again in Brixham

Posted
Yes its quite interesting...this trough doesnt seem to be going anywhere in a hurry.....Its just building along its axis and backbuilding off the devon coast...It certainly looks like we're in for quite a deluge, the rain is certainly picking up again in Brixham

ajpoolshark

any thunder down there at mo??

rob

Posted
ajpoolshark

any thunder down there at mo??

rob

nothing doing down here at the mo mate...there were a few distant flashes an hour or so ago, but the way things seem to be developing along the trough, I wouldnt quite count it out yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy
*Whispers* Do we come in this?? otherwise me and Dave are going to go mad!!

Yes sorry if i have offended i tend to waffle when it comes to thundery weather i'll be quiet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Any thunder or lightning reported down there?

Posted

Both bands in the Channel are trundling North-East at present, if you want to know where the split will go, just track 38 miles to the east of London and you wont be far wrong. In all seriousness i'd expect this to weaken as it hits land, always strongest just off the coast, but bits and pieces will be around first thing tomorrow, expect as Tamara says the South Coast from Midday onwards will be a beautiful place to be if you like sunbathing and looking at angry Cb's to your North all day.

Paul S

Posted
nothing doing down here at the mo mate...there were a few distant flashes an hour or so ago, but the way things seem to be developing along the trough, I wouldnt quite count it out yet

cheers mate

as i dont have to be in work until 13:00 tomorrow (13:00 to 21:00)

so will be having lie in

rob

ps

Hello paul and PP and NICK F

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
Looking at the latest met-office radar is suggesting that the trough is expanding along its axis into North devon, with a nasty looking cell developing over west dartmoor where as the Torbay storm shield holds firm, more individual cells brewing in the SW approaches so hope springs eternal for us south devonians!

hi well im on nights right up hight in barnstaple hospital... And im hoping that band is gunner hit me soon.. But dont think there is any t-storms in it what do you think? its gone very warm and humid compared to today when it was very cool...

any thoughts would be great as i have told all the patients to leave there curtains open so i can have a better view

lol kaz x

Posted
Yes sorry if i have offended i tend to waffle when it comes to thundery weather i'll be quiet..

No not you hahahahha!! I meant Hampshires potential for tomorrow

Your alright mate!

Posted
hi well im on nights right up hight in barnstaple hospital... And im hoping that band is gunner hit me soon.. But dont think there is any t-storms in it what do you think? its gone very warm and humid compared to today when it was very cool...

any thoughts would be great as i have told all the patients to leave there curtains open so i can have a better view

lol kaz x

:shok: :lol: Is that legal on the NHS

Hi Viking Mate :D

Posted
Seems as if South East Essex has kept another Clean sheet but only just :lol: No reports of any Storms there, nearest came within 25 miles, and the MCS Is going to miss by about 25 miles the other side, would have been a shame to lose the record, but for today it seems the forcefield has held firm, at one time a Storm over Medway just fizzled out as it tried to penetrate the force field. :shok:

Paul S

I wonder if there are people who perform weather exorcisms.

Posted
No not you hahahahha!! I meant Hampshires potential for tomorrow

Your alright mate!

How far away from the coast is Winchester Beka??

Posted
:shok::shok: Is that legal on the NHS

Hi Viking Mate 8)

its ok they have all got temps so are feeling rather warm and want the windows open.. Hahahahah i did ask if they wanted the curtains drawn but they wanted to look out for lightning for me as they luver meeee coz im sooooooooooooloverble heheheh.... but anyway wat do u think of me chances or should i tell them all to forget it and get some zzzzzz .....

lol kaz xxxx