Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Watching that big 'un just appearing South-South-West of Plymouth and moving slowly North-North-East.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Yep, hopefully that has my name written on it!

I have now further investigated tomorrow's thunder prospects and found this corker for 2100 tomorrow evening.

post-3528-1181843435_thumb.png

Wow, if the wind convergence is as strong as this suggests, then some expect evening fireworks over

parts of Southern England and SE Wales, from The Wash to the Bristol Channel.

Looks good, that line goes right over my house on 1500. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Magpie

Posted
Been very lucky the last two days Brian. :unknw: Just been out in the car and there's loads of flooding again, lots of roads under water completely, although only a few inches deep.

Anglia news just showed some of the flooding across Essex. Some roads closed. We've had enough rain to last all summer I suspect.

No lightning for the last 15 minutes.

Mammatus

Sorry about that Gav, I have just been hoovering :unknw:

Yes it has certainly been an interesting week so far. Seems that I might be in for a lot more rain in

the next 12z or so, with according to the local forecast maybe a rumble of thunder or two. And with

a meto warning still in place for my region, it could turn out to be interesting here too.

I doubt I will see anything as spectacular as what you have during the last couple of days though.

Posted

very dark and its pouring down

;ooked on the isle of wright radar not showing any thing

but on the upminster link showing a storm just off the east coast

http://www.upminsterweather.co.uk/test/ll.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Sorry about that Gav, I have just been hoovering :unknw:

Yes it has certainly been an interesting week so far. Seems that I might be in for a lot more rain in

the next 12z or so, with according to the local forecast maybe a rumble of thunder or two. And with

a meto warning still in place for my region, it could turn out to be interesting here too.

I doubt I will see anything as spectacular as what you have during the last couple of days though.

:unknw: Hi Brian, I was hoovering too about 20 minutes ago :lol:

I reckon your area will see some potentially severe weather over the next 24 hours and some impressive rainfall totals.

Mammatus B)

Posted
very dark and its pouring down

;ooked on the isle of wright radar not showing any thing

but on the upminster link showing a storm just off the east coast

http://www.upminsterweather.co.uk/test/ll.htm

Try the loop clock for the last 60 minutes on this site. That storm near the Essex coast

exploded into life during that hour.

Looks quite nasty around say Clacton - any storm reports from the Essex coast would be appreciated.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

Very heavy rain here 20mm since 5pm and counting, a decent cell sitting right overhead and backbuilding by the look of things. no thunder as yet although we had a rumble earlier today.

Posted

Just out of interest, have there been any news reports concerning the weather over the Low Countries?

From the Met Office radar it looks like there have been almost continuous torrentail downpours

over parts of coastal Belgium since 13:00 this afternoon!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
Whats all the fuss about it's just been drizzling here all afternoon :unknw:

dont worry yours is coming later !!!!!!!!!

Posted
dont worry yours is coming later !!!!!!!!!

By the time it reaches my area it will loose it's intensity.

Posted
:lol: Hi Brian, I was hoovering too about 20 minutes ago :lol:

I reckon your area will see some potentially severe weather over the next 24 hours and some impressive rainfall totals.

Mammatus :)

Funny you say that! I'm trying to get my man to hoover now!!!

Not sure I hold out much for that stuff in France ... Or my man using the hoover! LOLOL

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

had thunderstorms for about an hour, havent seen much lightning. Weather is atrocious at the moment, we've had torrential or very heavy rain for the past 3 hours.

Posted

Latest Met Office Warnings of Severe Weather:

"Yorkshire and Humber: Rain will be persistent and occasionally heavy through the rest of Thursday and during Friday morning, especially in Pennine areas. Rainfall totals of 30 to 50 mm are expected widely though totals of 75 to 100 mm are possible locally. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the latest Environment Agency Floodline and Flood Warnings in force and to the Highways Agency for advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1027 Thu 14 Jun"

"East Midlands: Derbyshire: Rain will be persistent and occasionally heavy through the rest of Thursday and during Friday morning, especially in Pennine areas. Rainfall totals of 30 to 50 mm are expected widely though totals of 75 to 100 mm are possible locally. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the latest Environment Agency Floodline and Flood Warnings in force and to the Highways Agency for advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1027 Thu 14 Jun"

Posted
Funny you say that! I'm trying to get my man to hoover now!!!

Not sure I hold out much for that stuff in France ... Or my man using the hoover! LOLOL

Sounds like you aren't being firm enough, or you are paying more attention to the weather than him :lol:

No I can't say that I'm too optimistic regards seeing any storm activity, although I'm very certain

of seeing large amounts of rain.

I's great to see a lot of activity on the board atm, I'm sure if it was dry and sunny it would be a lot different.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wind is Coming from South East Here and to my South East its Dark so Hopefully these Showers are Coming my Way!

Posted
Sounds like you aren't being firm enough, or you are paying more attention to the weather than him :lol:

No I can't say that I'm too optimistic regards seeing any storm activity, although I'm very certain

of seeing large amounts of rain.

I's great to see a lot of activity on the board atm, I'm sure if it was dry and sunny it would be a lot different.

dont about that met office has annoced 100mm of rain expected in the yorkshire later!!!

Posted

Not even so much as a rumble of thunder here in Surrey since last August. Very little rain for the last week or two. Bit of drizzle today and last night, thats it.

Posted
Not even so much as a rumble of thunder here in Surrey since last August. Very little rain for the last week or two. Bit of drizzle today and last night, thats it.

I'm just ahead of you then, with the grand total of one rumble of thunder since last August :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
dont about that met office has annoced 100mm of rain expected in the yorkshire later!!!

Doubtful unless the storms decide to gain strengh rather than fizzle out. Still we may get over 30 mm for the 24 hr period if the remains of the storms get a move on.

Posted
I'm just ahead of you then, with the grand total of one rumble of thunder since last August :lol:

I'm beginning to think they're all making it up ! :lol: