Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted

Amazingly those storms that are presently over East Anglia managed to skirt right around my location and we only got a few drops from the line. Interestingly we did get a storm tohugh before the line of cells developed around 3.15pm which gave breif intense rainfall and a couple of bangs on thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Rainfall is relentless, still lightning every 2 minutes or so.

Photo points to my southwest.

post-1600-1181839840_thumb.jpg

Edit: Lightning is getting worse, like a ball of lightning in the sky out to my southwest. Then a massive boom. Im sure that hit something! :)

Will be interesting to see the 18:00 radar image. May have to log off in a few minutes if this carries on.

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
I wonder if they have enough umph to make their way here??

post-1669-1181839754_thumb.png

Dunno if you zoom in on your post cod they're just in shot. Been like that for hours though.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Sky is just getting darker and darker here now, almost like sunset. Think the street lights will fire up if it gets any darker. Also been peering out the window at the clouds, they seem to all be moving in different directions with height. :)

So dark the hamster has come out thinking it's time to wake up and play. lol

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
I wonder if they have enough umph to make their way here??

post-1669-1181839754_thumb.png

I would like to see a good storm but at the moment its just boring drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Getting Darker and Darker here now. Raining and i think i can here the Odd Rumble of Thunder?

Posted

Getting nervous here! Tonight and tomorrow looking very active from here.

Will the CAPE be downgraded at some point? It's very high, and normally I wouldn't fret it, but the predictions have remained the same over the past few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
i only had one storms this year so far :):)

Calm down im sure there will be Plenty of Other chances yet!

Posted
Are the clouds spinning in any way to indicate the possibility of a tornado/funnel cloud?

No nothing appears to be tornadic, can't see any lowerings at all. Just the base is very low with directional scud

Posted

having our first proper downpoor today with big raindrops. it had been drizzle up until now. hopefully a sign of things to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
Great I Suppose its Heading North.

How good was the Storm?

Hi there, it was nothing to xciting, heavy rain and some thunder and lightning, but as we are on the convergence these storms could develop and become severe in a short space of time. I hope that your storm develops well ,as wriying now we have got rain, im just looking on the radar to the south of me to see if any more storms will blow up....fingers crossed.... :)

Posted

Hehehe, Tamrara i seem to be in the narrow zone that is avoiding the storms compeltely so far this June, had a storm way to the north last night and a weak strom that came over here about 3.15pm but thats been it, heck its nice and dry here right now, its nearly bright!!

Bigger cell out to the east according to the radar wit hthe anvil giving a thin layer of cloud. Has to be said we do have a VERY well defined line of showers/storms present right now, you really can't miss that line on the radar with possibly other cells developing over France right now and may come across later tonight.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

After a few rumbles of thunder at 5pm, nothing since. It is pouring down, though

Posted

Can confirm we have had moderate to heavy rain in leigh and southend for the past two hours with lightining and thunder every few minutes, so the south essex thunderstorm drought has ended.

Posted
Hi there, it was nothing to xciting, heavy rain and some thunder and lightning, but as we are on the convergence these storms could develop and become severe in a short space of time. I hope that your storm develops well ,as wriying now we have got rain, im just looking on the radar to the south of me to see if any more storms will blow up....fingers crossed.... :unknw:

Lol it keeps going Dark then lighter then Darker again Here.

Posted
i only had one storms this year so far :unknw::unknw:

and the sat stoms have been downgread for my area

Would you like to do a swap? :lol: We've had a surprisingly active year so far. So much for the one gentle storm a year!

Looks like a dead cert for tonight and tomorrow for southern Cornwall! And the clouds are already starting to head upwards, whereas earlier they were as flat as a pancake. Less haze and murkiness though...

Posted
Rainfall is relentless, still lightning every 2 minutes or so.

Photo points to my southwest.

post-1600-1181839840_thumb.jpg

Edit: Lightning is getting worse, like a ball of lightning in the sky out to my southwest. Then a massive boom. Im sure that hit something! :unknw:

Will be interesting to see the 18:00 radar image. May have to log off in a few minutes if this carries on.

Mammatus

Wow that sounds absolutely fantastic Gav, I wish I was there mate. Just horrid drizzle here

Posted
Can confirm we have had moderate to heavy rain in leigh and southend for the past two hours with lightining and thunder every few minutes, so the south essex thunderstorm drought has ended.

Yep can see it quite well on radar, does look to be a decent cell though over the last 15 mins a stronger set of cells are developing in the S.Midlands region. The cell over you is currently spewing its anvil over my region with some spitting rain. Amazing how just 25-30 miles further north and east are being utterly hammered.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
I would like to see a good storm but at the moment its just boring drizzle.

Yes exactly the same here TRL. It is rather depressing isn't it. Never mind our turn will come :unknw:

Posted
Yep can see it quite well on radar, does look to be a decent cell though over the last 15 mins a stronger set of cells are developing in the S.Midlands region. The cell over you is currently spewing its anvil over my region with some spitting rain. Amazing how just 25-30 miles further north and east are being utterly hammered.

That Sounds Very Promising Especially for S Midlands, W Midlands and East Midlands! :unknw: :lol: :unknw:8) B) :D:)

Posted

well by the looks of things TRL we will get this, or at least some of it soon. hopefully it won't die out too much before hand.