Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Perseids 2007

Posted
Yep it lasted quite a while here too. Too fast for a plane i feel.

The meteorites rarely last more than a second; they really are flying astonishingly quickly. If you saw something that lasted more than a second or two odds are it wasn't a shooting star.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
The meteorites rarely last more than a second; they really are flying astonishingly quickly. If you saw something that lasted more than a second or two odds are it wasn't a shooting star.

It might have been the Space station thing then. Ive seen one very bright shooting star though. Amazing.

Posted

[quote name=Stratos Ferric' date='12 Aug 2007, 10:23 PM' post='1042599'

Only saw one star myself in ten minutes; for all that it's good viewing tonight I don't think it's a very good storm this year. Even in good years I used to reckon one a minute was a decent average.

Thank you, never seen it before but often wondered. Now I know.

Edited by BARRY

Posted
Only saw one star myself in ten minutes; for all that it's good viewing tonight I don't think it's a very good storm this year. Even in good years I used to reckon one a minute was a decent average.

try this link for the ISS pass times allyou have to register but only takes a mo

Thank you

Posted

try this link for the ISS pass times allyou have to register but only takes a mo

Woo, it clatters along. It's over the Indian Ocean now. Hope it doesn't have to stop at a red light!

Haven't seen anything yet but I've notices lots of planes tonight.

Does anyone know what the really bright star is to the south? Is it Uranus by any chance?

Venus: brightest apparent heavenly body in the sky after the Sun and Moon.

Posted

just seen one, but it was it was towards the south, just caught it out of the corner of my eye. and its clouding over now :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I keep seeing bright lights that look like they are on the ground to my east. What is this?

They dont last long either.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
how come your having some and i havent had anything :angry::angry::angry::angry:;):)

saint :)

You really need to be patient and keep looking cannot tell you how much my neck is hurting at the moment

Posted
You really need to be patient and keep looking cannot tell you how much my neck is hurting at the moment

mine is killing me!

think i might get Joe to get his bed chair out :angry:

Edited by Louby

Posted
Haven't seen anything yet but I've notices lots of planes tonight.

Does anyone know what the really bright star is to the south? Is it Uranus by any chance?

Jupiter is up now. SSE low on the horizon. Has a yellowish tinge to it whereas Venus is normally a brilliant white and currently sets (my location) at 20.14

Posted
tis cloudy atm :angry: here, I am willing that cloud to move fast but it just doesnt want to go

Same here - i've seen nowt, other than those that were shown on the BBC 10 0'clock news :angry:

Posted

I think I've seen three, all to the ENE. 1 was very bright and clear, the other 2 were just a brief glimpse so that you don't know if you've really seen anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I have just seen one and absolutely loads of holiday planes from the Med :angry:

Ill have another neck aching stare at the sky in an hour or so :angry: