Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1st-14th January 2008

Guest megaweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sleet/Snow since about 3pm here today and still currently Sleety/Snow. :)

Posted

It's 1.4ºc, here in Nuneaton, and snowing quite heavily :)

Edited by Rob W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet all afternoon which turned to heavy snow from 1745 until 1840 as the temp' fell to 0.2c. Since then the temp' has risen to 1.8c and it's back to sleet again. 1 cm of lying snow at 1830 which is now thawing slowly.

Posted

hi all

Update we now have sleet falling here in Bedfordshire, and looking at the radar the front has filled and stalled over the chilterns, i am expecting some snow soon, how much is anyones guess.

further report later

LO

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hint of sleet in the spits of rain this afternoon.

Meanwhile, Dad reported snow proper from Coventry earlier this evening- told him it would nt last long though!

Posted

hi all

snow to report in Luton its small flakes and intermittent but its falling all the same, this is after a good twenty mins of sleet then moderate rain/sleet. echos on the meto radar ar appearing again to my south. i have been watching the radar since 19.00 and this front is dragging its heals to get east.

it seems if you look at the radar that the front is hitting the higher ground and stalling ever so slightly so more to come i feel in the next hour or so. as i speak just looked out snow is starting to fall harder now so anyone to my east expect some flakes soon.

LO

Posted

The fells around Haweswater were coming out of cloud as I was driving back from Kirkby Stephen about an hour ago and they were covered in snow. I'm wondering if it's not fresh as there's precious little on the Pennines this morning.